EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6A730A9D-CD9F-4FFE-80DF-02928177A0AB.jpeg

I'm going to pass on Janeway but Sisko will be mine 🙂

My name is SchuBert, not Schubert. I have not the slightest grudge against Nanjin, on the contrary: I like him!

I just say what I think and I was sharing my humble opinion that I prefer rooted hair, like other posters.

So, when others here constantly post their wish lists why shouldn't I express my opinion on some releases?
I apologize then my memory must have been fuzzy and I came to the wrong conclusions.

And yes you have every right to post your wish lists and you are totally free to have your opinions. I know a lot of people prefer rooted hair. Some are convinced that the future of 1/6 is in rooted hair. I am just not one of them. We have actually had that conversation over in the Asmus Lord of the Rings threads. For me the rooted hair normally ends up looking cheap and not as good as detailed sculpted hair with a good paint job. Granted if one is skilled at stylizing or re-hairing I have seen some amazing looking ones but that is a skill I do not have. I have the Crown Gandalf figure and that is about the best stock rooted hair figure I have seen but there is a big difference between a Gandalf right out of the box and one that has an owner skilled with styling the hair.

Janeway is looking nice. I have to admit as soon as I saw her I hesitated in my mind only because I have only seen 3 or 4 episodes of Voyager in my life, the last time being 1995, so I don't really know her. I am wanting to gear-up to revisit the show. I just know that with 190 or so figures being planned will force me to focus only on the ones I know best. Kind of frustrating to my Trekkie soul, but I just can't get the entire EXO-6 universe. Perhaps a mind-meld will change me. ;)

Janeway is looking nice. I have to admit as soon as I saw her I hesitated in my mind only because I have only seen 3 or 4 episodes of Voyager in my life, the last time being 1995, so I don't really know her. I am wanting to gear-up to revisit the show. I just know that with 190 or so figures being planned will force me to focus only on the ones I know best. Kind of frustrating to my Trekkie soul, but I just can't get the entire EXO-6 universe. Perhaps a mind-meld will change me. ;)

It's really worth it. Just give it a try!
I just woke up and no, it was not a dream. Still excited!

I want those just based on the artistry but I have a budget. It's like going down the rabbit hole.

This will be a struggle for me. An artistry vs actual love for the character. I was so going to pass on Sisko, but now I see him and I`m gonna take him. What a sculpt!

I`ve thought about it long and hard and I`ve decided to get every figure I can afford.
If I will decide later, that I don`t really need some character, I will have an extra pleasure of making some late-comer fan happy.

I want those just based on the artistry but I have a budget. It's like going down the rabbit hole.
Always look at your budget before deciding what you want.... Most friends will have regrets, is unavoidable for 1/6 Trek.

We will have a release schedule down the road so friends can have clear path of their 1/6 trek collection venture, and budget accordingly beforehand to avoid looking at what they don't really want (minimize regrets)

I am serious about this, my friends. I am measuring my performance by the amount of regrets. The more regrets, the more successful 1/6 Trek will be. (At least up until late 2022).

This is a natural phenomenon for collectible. It is nothing new. I just flow along with it and take advantage of it.

After thinking about it further I think I’ve made up my mind. I’ll probably buy the Captains from TOS through ENT for sure. After those I’m mainly focusing on TOS and TNG.

I’m also going to try and not pick up multiples of the same character hopefully. I’m also hoping that we get a list of upcoming figures like was mentioned at one point. That would really be helpful with planning out whats coming soon, and what to try and plan for.

After thinking about it further I think I’ve made up my mind. I’ll probably buy the Captains from TOS through ENT for sure. After those I’m mainly focusing on TOS and TNG.

I’m also going to try and not pick up multiples of the same character hopefully. I’m also hoping that we get a list of upcoming figures like was mentioned at one point. That would really be helpful with planning out whats coming soon, and what to try and plan for.
There will be a road map.

BTW, don't worry if you bought something that you later decided isn't your cup of tea. I am kind of expecting collectors can make couple of hundreds on eBay down the road.

Back