EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nanjin,
I would love to see the rest of the TNG crew in FC uniforms like you mentioned, but I would prefer not to see them done the same way Playmates eventually offered them in the 5" scale. They reused TNG heads on the blue uniform bodies and it looked cheap. I'm surprised to see you are considering that as a solution, seeing as how detailed and thorough you have been with the accuracy about everything else involving the figures. You have done tremendous work with just the first figure in the line! 👏 I hope the accurate headsculpts would be offered for the rest of the crew instead, to complete the idea of showing the progression from TNG to the movies; the same way you are wanting to show that with Picard and Data.
Regarding the uniforms: if there is a better way you have discovered since producing Data, I think it would make the line look better. You could sell an upgrade jacket separately for Data, which could be produced alongside the Picard one. If someone wanted to upgrade then they could, if they aren't bothered by it, then they wouldn't have to.
Rather than having stitching creating the lines in the uniform, what about a shirt material like this?
Macy's Alfani shirt
I was in Macy's the other day and came across it. It is a ribbed look like the FC uniform and the lines are very close together, which would work well at a smaller scale. It is also a thinner material that would lay better. It is stitched in such a way that gives a very similar look without the large stitching lines in 1/6
Take a look at the Cielo color specifically on that page, and there is a close up showing the texture of the fabric.

Thank you for all of the effort you are putting in to the Star Trek line. I look forward to receiving Data.

That's the job for development. I have been implying but I think I need to be explicit about our figures.

Although I said the previously released TOS and TNG Picard will be compatible with EXO-6 versions. But do keep in mind of the followings:

Basically, what ombudsman said is to add value to increase demand for previously released figures.

I will do that for sure, and I will also try to shame Nanjin's previous releases. This is a natural progress. I can't stay the same, I will improve myself overtime through experience and new knowledge by beating the Yesterday's Nanjin.

EXO-6 figures will make previously release figures look a bit inferior.

That's no way around this and I will not down grade any EXO-6 figures qualities to match previous releases.

There will be improvements from Head sculpts to boots. Everything will be better than anything I ever produced or developed.

My job as a developer is to convince you that our figures are worthwhile to collect. I have to make 1/6 trek collectors to feel today's Nanjin is miles ahead of yesterday Nanjin, and able to see the differences.
Nanjin, if Kirk and Sulu are successful in retrieving the data drives of your planned Captains figures before you have time to develop them, will that change history? ;)

I just got mine. Amazing figure! The pictures don't do it justice. I can't wait for Picard!

IMG_20210715_103609.jpg
IMG_20210715_104036.jpg
IMG_20210715_104125.jpg

Nanjin,
I would love to see the rest of the TNG crew in FC uniforms like you mentioned, but I would prefer not to see them done the same way Playmates eventually offered them in the 5" scale. They reused TNG heads on the blue uniform bodies and it looked cheap. I'm surprised to see you are considering that as a solution, seeing as how detailed and thorough you have been with the accuracy about everything else involving the figures. You have done tremendous work with just the first figure in the line! 👏 I hope the accurate headsculpts would be offered for the rest of the crew instead, to complete the idea of showing the progression from TNG to the movies; the same way you are wanting to show that with Picard and Data.
Regarding the uniforms: if there is a better way you have discovered since producing Data, I think it would make the line look better. You could sell an upgrade jacket separately for Data, which could be produced alongside the Picard one. If someone wanted to upgrade then they could, if they aren't bothered by it, then they wouldn't have to.
Rather than having stitching creating the lines in the uniform, what about a shirt material like this?
Macy's Alfani shirt
I was in Macy's the other day and came across it. It is a ribbed look like the FC uniform and the lines are very close together, which would work well at a smaller scale. It is also a thinner material that would lay better. It is stitched in such a way that gives a very similar look without the large stitching lines in 1/6
Take a look at the Cielo color specifically on that page, and there is a close up showing the texture of the fabric.

Thank you for all of the effort you are putting in to the Star Trek line. I look forward to receiving Data.
Although I want to spread across Trekverse as wide as possible, I can only go so far and of course with limitation in every step.

I am using Captains in different uniforms as the fundamental way to create distinctive attractiveness for each series.

Voyager had only one set of uniforms. DS9 has to give way to Voyager and utilize the War Time uniform instead. Follow this logic then is easy to understand why I don't have a plan to go deep into TNG movies but surely will complete the entire TNG TV series. Captains with crew in all different Starfleet uniforms is a sight to behold!

Nevertheless, I will not say I won't go into completing the entire TNG Movie crew. I will say I can cover the basis without considering Market Demand, but if I need to go even wider or deeper, then it will be determined solely by Demand, not my Supply. This translate to, you guys need to help support this venture and help EXO-6 in creating new Demands.

Trek needs diehard fans supports to do anything good. 1/6 Trek is no differences. Look at me, I had to spent 10 years to come this far. For one person, I can only do so much.

In regards to the fabric mentioned, I will check them out even the usefulness possibility is low. 1:1 and 1:6 are totally different ball game.

Nahh! Kirstie Alley all the way. After the superior Wrath of Khan, I had a hard time adjusting to Robin in the role — it didn’t help that Search for Spock kind of sucked as a movie.

Last edited:
I thought Kirstie Alley was more interesting in the role, even though not quite the standard Vulcan. Robin Curtis, was so Vulcan that I found her boring.

Nimoy encouraged Curtis to be as Vulcan as possible, almost as if the older actors were afraid to let Saavik be interesting. She should have been in 5 and 6. Seeing her growing up on Hellguard would have been a cool vision from Sybok and Saavik instead of Valeris would have been mind blowing.

I read somewhere, that Nicholas Meyer originally wanted to bring Kirstie Alley back for VI. Alley's Saavik was very popular with fans and she feared she would lose that fan support, when the character betrays the Federation. Hence, she turned down the part and Saavik was replaced by Valeris, played by Kim Cattrall.

I just rewatched the Voyager Borg episodes. A Susanna Thompson Borg Queen would be awesome as well now that we're getting the FC Alice Krige version.

So we’ve just gone into our 5th covid lockdown here in Melbourne…would really like some news or new pics Nanjin to help ease the pain…😊😊

I just rewatched the Voyager Borg episodes. A Susanna Thompson Borg Queen would be awesome as well now that we're getting the FC Alice Krige version.
Perhaps that will provide a good reason to give us a figure one day, rather than a statue?

I read somewhere, that Nicholas Meyer originally wanted to bring Kirstie Alley back for VI. Alley's Saavik was very popular with fans and she feared she would lose that fan support, when the character betrays the Federation. Hence, she turned down the part and Saavik was replaced by Valeris, played by Kim Cattrall.
This would’ve been great. I love ST 6, but the betrayal reveal would’ve been much more impactful if it’d been an established character instead.. I think it could’ve been either actress, or Kim Catrall cast as Saavik instead of Valeris..

This is another instance where they could just provide a second headsculpt to represent both actresses. Although not sure how much interest there would really be in that.

Back