EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@nanjin how will you measure demand? If you produce a certain number of figures for each character and they all sold out how will you know what exactly the demand is?

@nanjin how will you measure demand? If you produce a certain number of figures for each character and they all sold out how will you know what exactly the demand is?
I guage demand with “questions” within a specify Space-Time and known audiences. I wont consider anything beyond this criteria because they are not relevant to me. I only looking for Minimum and NOT maximum demand.

This is a simular approach as I did in sports gambling to know what's going on in the market.

Example: the release of TOS Khan.
To me, it was a question.
“how many people would spend $X to buy a TOS iconic villain (Khan was iconic in Trekverse, known fact).

The answer told me a number. There were X amount of Die-hard 1/6 Trek collectors out there. This number could only be more and no less because we hadn't even develop the market back then.

Another question: release of Sulu
How many X collector will buy Sulu? The answer told me I could do the same amount of Chekov.

More questions more precise predictions.

Of course, there are a lot more available info and method to Guage demand. The above is only one of the many.

FC Data and Picard and the previous released Picard told me the current demand of TNG crew at this Space-Time.

I am so limited for space but think I would be on board with iconic villains and aliens. I would probably only buy one version of Saavik. Alley would be my first choice.

Last edited:
I guage demand with “questions” within a specify Space-Time and known audiences. I wont consider anything beyond this criteria because they are not relevant to me. I only looking for Minimum and NOT maximum demand.

This is a simular approach as I did in sports gambling to know what's going on in the market.

Example: the release of TOS Khan.
To me, it was a question.
“how many people would spend $X to buy a TOS iconic villain (Khan was iconic in Trekverse, known fact).

The answer told me a number. There were X amount of Die-hard 1/6 Trek collectors out there. This number could only be more and no less because we hadn't even develop the market back then.

Another question: release of Sulu
How many X collector will buy Sulu? The answer told me I could do the same amount of Chekov.

More questions more precise predictions.

Of course, there are a lot more available info and method to Guage demand. The above is only one of the many.

FC Data and Picard and the previous released Picard told me the current demand of TNG crew at this Space-Time.
Another factor/piece of data to calculate is the willingness of fans to buy a character again if the quality is noticeably superior (exo-6 over qmx). For example, I’m sure folks would buy a new/improved version of a figure that qmx put out. Khan/Scotty, etc. I sure would-huge improvement in quality with EXO-6 over QMX now.

Another factor/piece of data to calculate is the willingness of fans to buy a character again if the quality is noticeably superior (exo-6 over qmx). For example, I’m sure folks would buy a new/improved version of a figure that qmx put out. Khan/Scotty, etc. I sure would-huge improvement in quality with EXO-6 over QMX now.
That's the job for development. I have been implying but I think I need to be explicit about our figures.

Although I said the previously released TOS and TNG Picard will be compatible with EXO-6 versions. But do keep in mind of the followings:

Basically, what ombudsman said is to add value to increase demand for previously released figures.

I will do that for sure, and I will also try to shame Nanjin's previous releases. This is a natural progress. I can't stay the same, I will improve myself overtime through experience and new knowledge by beating the Yesterday's Nanjin.

EXO-6 figures will make previously release figures look a bit inferior.

That's no way around this and I will not down grade any EXO-6 figures qualities to match previous releases.

There will be improvements from Head sculpts to boots. Everything will be better than anything I ever produced or developed.

My job as a developer is to convince you that our figures are worthwhile to collect. I have to make 1/6 trek collectors to feel today's Nanjin is miles ahead of yesterday Nanjin, and able to see the differences.

No way. Robin Curtis was superior.
Yeah I think Curtis probably did play the role better, but Alley was the original and part of the more iconic movie, so it's hard not to prefer her version a bit more.

And I also have an easier time buying Alley as half-Romulan, like Saavik was originally intended to be, where Curtis comes across as full on Vulcan.

Hmm wonder when the PO for the Borg Queen will be up. Hard to see it being shipped before the end of the year.

Kirstie Alley has that hourglass figure.

Attachments

• rgmk3i7iq41z.jpg
    rgmk3i7iq41z.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Saavik.jpg
    Saavik.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 97
Back