EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ballpark- how many figures do you anticipate releasing this year? So far Data. Picard is planned along with the Borg Queen statue.

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

I, myself think the characters Picard, Data, and Seven are completed with STPicard. Picard and Seven are seeking new life purpose for themselves. I also see Kirk as a completed character only after ST6 (he questioned himself and chose doing the right thing over his own hatred of the Klingons).

So ST6 is a must in my 1/6 Trek menu.

A TOS, a Mirror, a TWOK, and a ST6 collections will be the 1/6 scale representation of:

The Original Star Trek Adventure!

This is Awesomeness!

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

I'm sure you are right, as I only watched a couple of the first season episodes for DSC and Picard. Those shows are just not aimed at older Trek fans like me. To each their own, and that's cool.

Your 1/6th scale plans sound exciting! I can't wait. :yess:

I have one other objective from the evil side of me.

I want to make those who forgo whatever figures from whatever series to feel regret at a later date if they didn't get them at the first place [emoji16]

I am a person with abusive nature. The above statement not only satisfy my psych, it also means I am determine to make good looking Trek figures continuously and improve their attractiveness. Plus, I won't over produce and able to utilize working capital more effectively and efficiently.

Most will have their favorite 1/6 Trek but with regrets of not getting the one they didn't like at the beginning.

Hmm, i might take you up on this challenge. As far as pricing goes, compared to some of the customs I've had done for other properties, it's certainly possible to keep additional trek figures in "storage" to be swapped out :)

My wishlist if i go for more than Data & Picard would be:

? Worf, TNG Season 6.5+
? Ro Laren, TNG
? La Forge, TNG
? Chief O'Brien, TNG (would settle for DS9)
? Gowron
?*Guinan
? Seven of Nine, TNG or Picard
? Q (great character, thanks to the actor, but visually, sort of boring as a non-crew member)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

attachment.php

New image from the EXO-6 Facebook page. Showing the Data head sculpt with the ?human? skin gifted to him by the Borg Queen.

He reminds me of someone, but I can't think of the name.

Besides that, it looks like his whole face is now human skin.

I have one other objective from the evil side of me.

I want to make those who forgo whatever figures from whatever series to feel regret at a later date if they didn't get them at the first place [emoji16]

I am a person with abusive nature. The above statement not only satisfy my psych, it also means I am determine to make good looking Trek figures continuously and improve their attractiveness. Plus, I won't over produce and able to utilize working capital more effectively and efficiently.

Most will have their favorite 1/6 Trek but with regrets of not getting the one they didn't like at the beginning.

I'm happy to pick and choose. I don't want a collection full of figures I don't care about. I've done that in the past when I felt compelled to be a completist.

Aesthetically, a First Contact Data is one of the most boring looking figures imaginable from a uniform point of view. I thought the film was really cheesy as well, even for Trek.

Continual improvement is another reason not to jump on the first iteration of a character.

It's been so easy to buy things either because they looked good, or because I felt compelled to have something I didn't actually care for, but thought I ought to have. Star Wars was a big culprit there. I'm not going to do the same with Trek and end up with a mass of characters I don't care for from series or films that don't hold any nostalgic connection.

If there is continual improvement then all well and good. Work out the issues on a First Contact figure, and bring out a superior TNG Data later. lol

However, I'm also one of those people that don't care too much if something isn't made. If it's not available to buy at production prices, then I'm not going to lose any sleep or money trying to obtain the otherwise unobtainable.

I don't actually care whether there's any more TOS or TNG Trek figures at all. But if there are, and if they look good enough, then I'll buy them. I feel exactly the same way with Star Wars. I don't actively seek out figures for the collection, I prefer to wait and see what emerges. Unlike William S. Burroughs, I try not to sell myself to the drug, but let the drug sell itself it me.

I pre-ordered Data instantly, and I'll likely get all three First Contact releases. After that, I'm not sure. I'd love to get all of the TNG crew in some form. But I'd probably choose between their TV uniforms and the First Contact uniforms. I'm leaning toward the TV uniforms, because First Contact is the only TNG film I love, although the rest are okay. But the series is what got me into Trek.

As for other series, I'm a huge fan of Discovery. It's come so far from the first few episodes, where I wasn't quite sure what it was trying to be. The last season in particular was great. Like TNG and DS9 before it, it just took a bit to find its legs. But I think it's gotten better every season. Saru and Michael would be must-haves. I'd probably buy an Emperor Georgiou. Michael in her Red Angel suit would be such a cool figure.

Star Trek Picard I'd probably pass on any releases except Seven of Nine. She was fantastic in the series.

DS9 I thought was a fantastic series but I'm not sure I'm moved to get any characters from it.

Voyager... I want a Janeway SO bad. Hopefully with multiple portraits for her different hairdos or maybe swappable hair pieces. Beyond that? If I had more money/space I'd collect the crew but I'd have to be pretty choosey.

Enterprise... nothing really. Same with TOS. Although, with the TOS movies... I'd be very tempted by Kirk, Spock and Khan. I love those movie uniforms, and I actually have more nostalgia for the movies than the TV series.

Strange New Worlds... I haven't even seen it yet, but Pike is one of my most-wanted figures. And I'd probably take a Number One and Spock to go with him at least.

I pre-ordered Data instantly, and I'll likely get all three First Contact releases. After that, I'm not sure. I'd love to get all of the TNG crew in some form. But I'd probably choose between their TV uniforms and the First Contact uniforms. I'm leaning toward the TV uniforms, because First Contact is the only TNG film I love, although the rest are okay. But the series is what got me into Trek.

As for other series, I'm a huge fan of Discovery. It's come so far from the first few episodes, where I wasn't quite sure what it was trying to be. The last season in particular was great. Like TNG and DS9 before it, it just took a bit to find its legs. But I think it's gotten better every season. Saru and Michael would be must-haves. I'd probably buy an Emperor Georgiou. Michael in her Red Angel suit would be such a cool figure.

Star Trek Picard I'd probably pass on any releases except Seven of Nine. She was fantastic in the series.

DS9 I thought was a fantastic series but I'm not sure I'm moved to get any characters from it.

Voyager... I want a Janeway SO bad. Hopefully with multiple portraits for her different hairdos or maybe swappable hair pieces. Beyond that? If I had more money/space I'd collect the crew but I'd have to be pretty choosey.

Enterprise... nothing really. Same with TOS. Although, with the TOS movies... I'd be very tempted by Kirk, Spock and Khan. I love those movie uniforms, and I actually have more nostalgia for the movies than the TV series.

Strange New Worlds... I haven't even seen it yet, but Pike is one of my most-wanted figures. And I'd probably take a Number One and Spock to go with him at least.
Pike was done 2 years ago. Of course, he has been updated.

I also see Kirk as a completed character only after ST6 (he questioned himself and chose doing the right thing over his own hatred of the Klingons).

A TOS, a Mirror, a TWOK, and a ST6 collections will be the 1/6 scale representation of:

This is Awesomeness!

Yes!! I am onboard the above although if it comes down to money and/or space the Mirror ones may have to be passed on but hopefully it doesn?t come to that.

If all the releases are being olled out in a humane way I would try to get everything as my beloved franchise is sooo under represented in my collection space. Snatched the last QMX picard from my local retailer the moment i found out about this announcement. Sorry for not knowing for not knowing about Nanjin ealier. Probably dangerous to look into your previous project at this time though.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

He reminds me of someone, but I can't think of the name.

Besides that, it looks like his whole face is now human skin.

Looking at the EXO-6 sculpt and the screenshot something is definitely off. The head sculpt almost looks lifeless to me. Like there’s not enough color- Data wasn’t ghostly white. Also seems to not have enough texturing or something.

I’m not trying to be critical and I pre-ordered this right away directly from EXO-6, but the sculpt in that picture leaves something to be desired.

I, myself think the characters Picard, Data, and Seven are completed with STPicard. Picard and Seven are seeking new life purpose for themselves. I also see Kirk as a completed character only after ST6 (he questioned himself and chose doing the right thing over his own hatred of the Klingons).

This is Awesomeness!

Does this also include a Kirk from Star Trek Generations? Meaning with the vest that he wears towards the end of the film? I'm down for a ST 6 Kirk for sure!!

If "Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country" is a must, then we definitely need a "Chang" figure. Greatly portrayed by the late Christopher Plummer.

A Klingon line would be fantastic.

- Worf
- Alexander (young)
- Gowron
- Chang
- Kor
- Koloth
- Duras Sisters
- B'Elanna Torres
- Martok

Looking at the EXO-6 sculpt and the screenshot something is definitely off. The head sculpt almost looks lifeless to me. Like there’s not enough color- Data wasn’t ghostly white. Also seems to not have enough texturing or something.

I’m not trying to be critical and I pre-ordered this right away directly from EXO-6, but the sculpt in that picture leaves something to be desired.

It's getting there, but yeah the contrast between his pale gold android skin and his grafted-on "living" skin does not appear to be different enough in that particular photo. The sculpt also looks good as is getting close, but I think the eyebrows are in too much of a frowning position.

It's getting there, but yeah the contrast between his pale gold android skin and his grafted-on "living" skin does not appear to be different enough in that particular photo. The sculpt also looks good as is getting close, but I think the eyebrows are in too much of a frowning position.
Yeah, I think it is the color of the skin that’s slightly off and that the android skin doesn’t look differentiated enough from the “human” skin. Maybe it’s the fact that it’s the sculpt not on a body that it looks off. To me when the pre-order went up it looked better (at least the normal sculpt).

Yeah, I think it is the color of the skin that?s slightly off and that the android skin doesn?t look differentiated enough from the ?human? skin. Maybe it?s the fact that it?s the sculpt not on a body that it looks off. To me when the pre-order went up it looked better (at least the normal sculpt).

A behind the scene 101 info, most if not all companies would usually show painted head samples that are resin cast or on the 3D print itself. Productions use PVC. No matter what you do, these 2 different materials can never have identical color pigmentation. Paint is on the surface of the resin cast, while some amount of the paint will be absorbed by a PVC head (this is why skin can look better on production head, and the possibility of staining)

More to this is the surface texturing will be reduced in production. This affect the light reflection on the skin surface. (More detail, more defuse of light reflection. Less detail, stronger reflection)

Of course we will look at the paint reference color but we can still correct any issues during paint up. What we look at is how the artist bring out the likeness or detail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FC Picard is good. But I am changing some detail to make him a little better. Delivery will be push back to May or early June.

FC Picard is approved. But improvements don't stop till right before the mold process.

416080e3c4554d087891500e53f1d08d.jpg

FC Picard is good. But I am changing some detail to make him a little better. Delivery will be push back to May or early June.

FC Picard is approved. But improvements don't stop till right before the mold process.

416080e3c4554d087891500e53f1d08d.jpg

Awesome! Can?t wait to see the final product.

how many figures do you estimate you will release every year?

Awesome! Can?t wait to see the final product.

how many figures do you estimate you will release every year?
As much and as fast as my facility can put out. Don't want to freak you out on our target quantities.

Is a supply side business model for the time being. As long as I don't pay attention on any unanticipated quantities demand for a particular character, I shouldn't have any problem.

Sound strange doesn't it? ?don't pay attention on demand.? [emoji1787]

As much and as fast as my facility can put out. Don't want to freak you out on our target quantities.

Is a supply side business model for the time being. As long as I don't pay attention on any unanticipated quantities demand for a particular character, I shouldn't have any problem.

Sound strange doesn't it? ?don't pay attention on demand.? [emoji1787]

Don?t pay attention to the demand 😂😂

That?s cool, really looking forward to your Trek figures!

Don?t pay attention to the demand [emoji23][emoji23]

That?s cool, really looking forward to your Trek figures!
I myself is also looking forward to this business model. Theoretically, it should work. I copied HT's 2008 strategy [emoji16]

Back