EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carnival.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

To whom it may concern. From today until Tuesday it is carnival, at least in Cologne! Koelle Alaaf!

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

FC Picard is good. But I am changing some detail to make him a little better. Delivery will be push back to May or early June.

FC Picard is approved. But improvements don't stop till right before the mold process.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to seeing the final results! And thanks for the behind the scenes 101 stuff.

I cannot remember if this was talked about before but are you going to the two piece boot kind of like Asmus has done on their new Aragorn (worked really well on him for posing and stability. I really like it when my figures do not feel like they have to have a stand to prevent them from toppling over) or the one piece boot. If you are going with the one piece is it going to be stiff or will it allow movement? Thanks!

Free standing is important. Our figures' legs are solid plastic. 35/65 bottom heavy weight distribution (this is actually close to 45/55 or even 50/50 with head - head is far away from center of gravity)

Boots:

appearance is the most important (mostly for TOS and new Trek)

2 pieces whenever possible. Only KTL away boots need this. The rest can't.

If one piece boots are to be used, first choice is to use fabric unless we know it will breakdown after 3 years, or destroys the look; otherwise, plastic.

If plastic is to be use, the ankle areas must have X amount of softness to facilitate shoulder width stand with flat footing. (Trek are not Bruce Lee. Only shoulder width is good)

Lastly, must be cost affective so more can afford the line as long as they look good.

Does this also include a Kirk from Star Trek Generations? Meaning with the vest that he wears towards the end of the film? I'm down for a ST 6 Kirk for sure!!
ST Generation is too remote.

If one piece boots are to be used, first choice is to use fabric unless we know it will breakdown after 3 years,

Thank you for considering the longevity of the figures. I for one really appreciate it. I have ended up letting some great figures go that I would have kept but I was afraid that they would start to disintegrate over time and figured it was better to let them go before it became an issue.

https://i.ibb.co/wYZZwyK/Carnival.jpg

To whom it may concern. From today until Tuesday it is carnival, at least in Cologne! Koelle Alaaf!
Oh I love your hats! So great!
I have seen some videos of carnivale parades with figures, Lego or Playmobil. Awesome.

I had no idea you are from Cologne! Have Klingons come that far already? LOL
Greetings from Dresden where... we don't celebrate Carnivale. At all. Only a little on the Tuesday. Only the children.

FC Picard is good. But I am changing some detail to make him a little better. Delivery will be push back to May or early June.

FC Picard is approved. But improvements don't stop till right before the mold process.

416080e3c4554d087891500e53f1d08d.jpg

May or June is still relatively fast. Looking forward to the pre-order and getting both Data and Picard in hand!

ST Generation is too remote.

No worries, I appreciate all the Star Trek figures you are doing and am grateful for the hard work. Thanks Nanjin!

Last edited:
I mentioned these on Facebook before.

Environmental UNSAFE paint, fabric, and dye, will not fade, deteriorate, or stain.

The opposite might not be 100% true, but won't be far off from the truth.

Environmental Safe = Not Forever, molecule level must breakdown after X amount of time so they wont stay on earth as wasteful garbage.

China has been becoming straighter and straighter on environmental safe regulations.

It is easy to guess where this is heading for our newer collectibles.

Seven of Nine done right would be a big seller......
Hope TMP Kirk and Spock soon. Any consideration of them in their SPACESUITS???

Seven of Nine done right would be a big seller......
Hope TMP Kirk and Spock soon. Any consideration of them in their SPACESUITS???
Yes. I have looked at all Trek Spacesuits. But those considerations can only be materialized if my plan works out in the first 2 years.

Personally I would have preferred you keep using leather boots, even if it means having to use a stand, since they always look much nicer than plastic boots to me.

But I know plastic is probably cheaper and lots of people here aren't fond of using stands, so I realize I'm outnumbered on that one. :p

Personally I would have preferred you keep using leather boots, even if it means having to use a stand, since they always look much nicer than plastic boots to me.

But I know plastic is probably cheaper and lots of people here aren't fond of using stands, so I realize I'm outnumbered on that one. :p
No, I agree 10000%. The boots are a totally different quality and are really one of the best parts of the QMx figures. Plastic boots are a serious downgrade. I collect for realism, the more plastic, the more they look like toys.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

As long as they are true leather and not the material that will begin to disintegrate after they are removed from the box...

As for the space suits, the only one I would really be interested in would be the one that Spock wears when attempting to bond with V'ger. (and Kirk wears when rescuing Spock...)

(With thruster backpack, of course)

spock-orange-suit-sttmp.jpg

Leather boots are gone? What a shame...

Leather boots are gone? What a shame...

I don’t think Nanjin said that. His quote to the two piece boots was “ 2 pieces whenever possible. Only KTL away boots need this. The rest can't.” To me that sounds like only the KTL away boots will be two pieces. For the rest it sounds like he is going to try to go the non-plastic route as long as it works out material-wise. I could be wrong in my understanding but that is how I took his comments. I am happy that he is taking ankle movement and stability into consideration along with longevity.

I don?t think Nanjin said that. His quote to the two piece boots was ? 2 pieces whenever possible. Only KTL away boots need this. The rest can't.? To me that sounds like only the KTL away boots will be two pieces. For the rest it sounds like he is going to try to go the non-plastic route as long as it works out material-wise. I could be wrong in my understanding but that is how I took his comments. I am happy that he is taking ankle movement and stability into consideration along with longevity.
Yes. Thiss what I meant

Last edited:
As long as they are true leather and not the material that will begin to disintegrate after they are removed from the box...

As for the space suits, the only one I would really be interested in would be the one that Spock wears when attempting to bond with V'ger. (and Kirk wears when rescuing Spock...)

(With thruster backpack, of course)

View attachment 505968

Yep those are the ones I'm talking about- we can only hope....

As cool as it is I’m not so sure if I would buy figures in the space suits like that. Probably prefer the various Starfleet uniforms.

Back