EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Orville is okay, I guess, but I suspect a lot of the love for it simply comes from people who hate the current direction of ACTUAL Star Trek, so The Orville, gives them something to point to and say - The Orville is the REAL Trek, or The Orville is more Trek than Trek, or other words to that general effect.
A lot of people view it more as a cause to rally behind to allow them to attack CBS All Access, or Alex Kurtzman, or whatever, than as a show that they truly enjoy.
I am sure that many genuinely like it though, but let?s be honest about a major reason that the show gets a lot of its love.

The Orville is okay, I guess, but I suspect a lot of the love for it simply comes from people who hate the current direction of ACTUAL Star Trek, so The Orville, gives them something to point to and say - The Orville is the REAL Trek, or The Orville is more Trek than Trek, or other words to that general effect.
A lot of people view it more as a cause to rally behind to allow them to attack CBS All Access, or Alex Kurtzman, or whatever, than as a show that they truly enjoy.
I am sure that many genuinely like it though, but let?s be honest about a major reason that the show gets a lot of its love.

Ha ha yeah. If Orville was the only Trek drama rather than a non-Trek dramedy with modern Trek for comparison, I wonder how many who say, "Be more Orville," would be complaining about the gay Klingons and the male lead having a fling with his ex-wife's male lover?

I am not sure about the above. I doubt anyone would watch a show they don't enjoy just as some kind of silent rebellion against Trek.
I like Orville because(For me), it is the product on TV right now that most resembles the Trek i have enjoyed from my youth. I have tried to give Discovery a chance(And had it succeeded, i would have still watched Orville), but in my eyes, new Trek doesn't hit the spot that old Trek(And Orville) does.
I do, however, as noted in my previous post, wholly accept that this new Trek isn't aimed at me, so i don't mind as much. It's not in any open attack at Kurtzman, or CBS(But i do feel giving the show to him was a bit of a mis-step, this is a personal viewpoint).
I have never run into anyone online who is "liking The Orville to spite CBS or Kurtzman", but perhaps those people are out there.
I have room in my heart for TOS, TNG, Voy, ENT, The movies(All iterations, including the JJ-Verse), but i am just a bit "meh" on Picard and Discovery(And i did give Discovery two seasons and one episode to grow on me, but could only stand Picard for a few episodes). I still love the visuals. But i feel it's not for me now. And i feel like The Orville is aimed squarely at me(And those like me).
Please don't read this viewpoint as an attack on anyone. It doesn't take anything away from me if you love Discovery and Picard. That's great. Hopefully it will stay on the air for many more seasons.
And, for my part, although i am not able to commit to as many figures as i used to, i'd instantly order Saru(And Captain Lorca, although i appreciate he will never happen), Janeway, Sisko and O'Brien(Oh, man, if they go deep into the rabbit hole of DS9, i'll sell off my Delorean for those). I do love the Discovery costumes, and several of the characters. It's just not aimed at me, so i look for my Trek elsewhere. And the only place i see it now is in The Orville.

I'm just genuinely baffled by how something that seems so generic and lazy to me could be so lauded by some of those self same fans.
And I am baffled how you can not be moved by Gordon falling in love with a girl that has been long dead. Many fans shed a tear there at the end and are not afraid to admit it. I wasn't even a Gordon fan in season 1. He won me over with this episode.

Or not be moved by Isaac betraying the trust everyone put into him. That was a punch to the gut.

Or not be moved by a man being executed when his only fault was that he was loving women instead of men.

Or not be moved by Ed who even though Teleya betrayed him in the worst possible way stayed kind and gentlemanlike with her throughout the episode, trying to form a bond and a relationship that benefits both of their races. His sad face at the end of the episode broke me. How can you say these are bad actors if they move me deeply?

And all these are good and touching storylines. I don't agree with them being generic and lazy.

They do exactly what Trek is known for - social commentary. It was never about war and fighting.

And Seth was absolutely right that an optimistic show like this was missing from today's TV where everything else is dark and dystopian. I know what I prefer.

Discovery and Picard look great but leave me feeling numb and dead on the inside. The pacing is frantic and they loves them explosions! boom...Boom!... BOOOOOMMM!!!!

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

Discovery and Picard look great but leave me feeling numb and dead on the inside. The pacing is frantic and they loves them explosions! boom...Boom!... BOOOOOMMM!!!!
I, myself think the characters Picard, Data, and Seven are completed with STPicard. Picard and Seven are seeking new life purpose for themselves. I also see Kirk as a completed character only after ST6 (he questioned himself and chose doing the right thing over his own hatred of the Klingons).

So ST6 is a must in my 1/6 Trek menu.

A TOS, a Mirror, a TWOK, and a ST6 collections will be the 1/6 scale representation of:

The Original Star Trek Adventure!

This is Awesomeness!

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

I am not sure about the above. I doubt anyone would watch a show they don't enjoy just as some kind of silent rebellion against Trek.
I like Orville because(For me), it is the product on TV right now that most resembles the Trek i have enjoyed from my youth. I have tried to give Discovery a chance(And had it succeeded, i would have still watched Orville), but in my eyes, new Trek doesn't hit the spot that old Trek(And Orville) does.
I do, however, as noted in my previous post, wholly accept that this new Trek isn't aimed at me, so i don't mind as much. It's not in any open attack at Kurtzman, or CBS(But i do feel giving the show to him was a bit of a mis-step, this is a personal viewpoint).
I have never run into anyone online who is "liking The Orville to spite CBS or Kurtzman", but perhaps those people are out there.
I have room in my heart for TOS, TNG, Voy, ENT, The movies(All iterations, including the JJ-Verse), but i am just a bit "meh" on Picard and Discovery(And i did give Discovery two seasons and one episode to grow on me, but could only stand Picard for a few episodes). I still love the visuals. But i feel it's not for me now. And i feel like The Orville is aimed squarely at me(And those like me).
Please don't read this viewpoint as an attack on anyone. It doesn't take anything away from me if you love Discovery and Picard. That's great. Hopefully it will stay on the air for many more seasons.
And, for my part, although i am not able to commit to as many figures as i used to, i'd instantly order Saru(And Captain Lorca, although i appreciate he will never happen), Janeway, Sisko and O'Brien(Oh, man, if they go deep into the rabbit hole of DS9, i'll sell off my Delorean for those). I do love the Discovery costumes, and several of the characters. It's just not aimed at me, so i look for my Trek elsewhere. And the only place i see it now is in The Orville.

I have no doubt that you and many others genuinely love the show. I don?t hate it. But I am not speaking about everyone, I don?t think people sit and watch it to punish Star Trek, they probably like it or have nothing else to watch, or maybe a mixture of both.
The rallying and online enthusiasm for the show, however, is a different story and that?s what I am referring to. I bet a lot of the Orville?s loudest online advocates are people who barely watch the show and just want to poke a finger in current Star Trek?s eye.
As for not running into people online who admit to watching the Orville to spite Star Trek, well if they admitted to it it would defeat the purpose, so don?t be surprised that you haven?t encountered it.

I have no doubt that you and many others genuinely love the show. I don?t hate it. But I am not speaking about everyone, I don?t think people sit and watch it to punish Star Trek, they probably like it or have nothing else to watch, or maybe a mixture of both.
The rallying and online enthusiasm for the show, however, is a different story and that?s what I am referring to. I bet a lot of the Orville?s loudest online advocates are people who barely watch the show and just want to poke a finger in current Star Trek?s eye.
As for not running into people online who admit to watching the Orville to spite Star Trek, well if they admitted to it it would defeat the purpose, so don?t be surprised that you haven?t encountered it.

Yeah. I see that. It has to be said that I mostly hang around here. So my exposure to geekdom, while still broad(We have a varied population of geekerosity on here after all!), probably has the far fringes chopped off.

6600E0BA-5692-4636-B747-616C545A11C6.jpeg
New image from the EXO-6 Facebook page. Showing the Data head sculpt with the “human” skin gifted to him by the Borg Queen.

I, myself think the characters Picard, Data, and Seven are completed with STPicard. Picard and Seven are seeking new life purpose for themselves. I also see Kirk as a completed character only after ST6 (he questioned himself and chose doing the right thing over his own hatred of the Klingons).

A TOS, a Mirror, a TWOK, and a ST6 collections will be the 1/6 scale representation of:

This is Awesomeness!

Oh yes TOS & TUC line up, all the way.

This is Awesomeness!

Nanjin, not only is your love for Trek undeniable, but I think how you define "awesomeness" is right on the money. The franchise has had a long and undeniable history, and your ambition to have EXO-6 tackle as much of it as possible is commendable, but the success of this line depends so much on which characters you tackle and, perhaps just as importantly, which part of their history to portray in 1/6 figure form.

While there are many who would applaud you choosing all sorts of obscure characters, at this early stage, you should definitely focus on the most classic characters at their high points. Choosing Data to start this line was a no-brainer, but having to decide whether to portray him in his TNG or First Contact appearance must have been less obvious.

You must be going through the same debate over the TOS crew members. While we would ALL love to be able to complete our main bridge characters, perhaps a TWOK Kirk would sell at higher numbers. Kirk at that stage certainly seemed to embody more "awesomeness" as the aging adventurer having to confront the sins of his past (a theme which carried over to ST6).

You must be facing quite an uphill challenge with not just collectors but with retailers who are nervous about supporting a company without a long, proven track record under the new banner. I think you should focus on making figures of the "must-have" characters at this early stage before more obscure ones. After all, as much as I would LOVE to finally get that TOS Uhura and Chekov, I can wait if getting them leaves your new company unable to continue past these first few inital releases.

Likeness isn't quite there yet in any pic so far.

Yeah I have to agree there's something a little too generic about it. It should still work well enough on display, but hopefully by the time we get a TNG Data they'll have improved the sculpt a bit more.
I wondered if it was just me. Something about the sculpt feels off. I think partially it’s the expression. Also the complexion of his android skin doesn’t look quite right I think.

Yeah I have to agree there's something a little too generic about it. It should still work well enough on display, but hopefully by the time we get a TNG Data they'll have improved the sculpt a bit more.

Photos are hard to get the full perspective, but i agree it?ll look good on display.

Hot Toys Neo is similar... a little off, but you don?t really notice when you?re looking at your complete display.

I assume they?ll start over for TNG Data, since Brent Spiner was younger and thinner then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I am baffled how you can not be moved by Gordon falling in love with a girl that has been long dead. Many fans shed a tear there at the end and are not afraid to admit it. I wasn't even a Gordon fan in season 1. He won me over with this episode.

Or not be moved by Isaac betraying the trust everyone put into him. That was a punch to the gut.

Or not be moved by a man being executed when his only fault was that he was loving women instead of men.

Or not be moved by Ed who even though Teleya betrayed him in the worst possible way stayed kind and gentlemanlike with her throughout the episode, trying to form a bond and a relationship that benefits both of their races. His sad face at the end of the episode broke me. How can you say these are bad actors if they move me deeply?

And all these are good and touching storylines. I don't agree with them being generic and lazy.

They do exactly what Trek is known for - social commentary. It was never about war and fighting.

And Seth was absolutely right that an optimistic show like this was missing from today's TV where everything else is dark and dystopian. I know what I prefer.

Maybe if the characters weren't just lazy ciphers, the social commentary wasn't so ham-fisted, the actors were actually capable of adding some depth to their characters so that I actually cared about any of them, every episode wasn't just a blatant rip off of a better episode from another show, and the whole thing wasn't written like Star Trek for stupid people I'd be more impressed. :dunno

As I've said, I bear its existence and fans no ill will, but I stand by my opinion that The Orville is mediocrity personified, and nothing, short of the show actually becoming far better than it is, or ever has been thus far, will change my mind on the subject. Not that I think my opinion should matter much to anyone other than me anyhow. :monkey1

Anyway back to Exo-6...

Nanjin, not only is your love for Trek undeniable, but I think how you define "awesomeness" is right on the money. The franchise has had a long and undeniable history, and your ambition to have EXO-6 tackle as much of it as possible is commendable, but the success of this line depends so much on which characters you tackle and, perhaps just as importantly, which part of their history to portray in 1/6 figure form.

While there are many who would applaud you choosing all sorts of obscure characters, at this early stage, you should definitely focus on the most classic characters at their high points. Choosing Data to start this line was a no-brainer, but having to decide whether to portray him in his TNG or First Contact appearance must have been less obvious.

You must be going through the same debate over the TOS crew members. While we would ALL love to be able to complete our main bridge characters, perhaps a TWOK Kirk would sell at higher numbers. Kirk at that stage certainly seemed to embody more "awesomeness" as the aging adventurer having to confront the sins of his past (a theme which carried over to ST6).

You must be facing quite an uphill challenge with not just collectors but with retailers who are nervous about supporting a company without a long, proven track record under the new banner. I think you should focus on making figures of the "must-have" characters at this early stage before more obscure ones. After all, as much as I would LOVE to finally get that TOS Uhura and Chekov, I can wait if getting them leaves your new company unable to continue past these first few inital releases.
I understand all these perfectly because I had nothing else to do.

?Keeping 1/6 Trek Alive? is my prime directive.

Seriously speaking, most advices received are genuinely realistic and well meant, but they all lack the production side of the the picture. This factor will discount all recommendations because Production is heart of the entire operation. 1/6 Trek is an endangered franchise with low demand in the market as a whole.

If you also put Trek Production in to the production sector as a whole, trek production is also small.

Small production means high cost.

Doing just old and major demand Trek characters will have one and only one ending:

Make enough and drop the trek franchise and move on. This will surely happen when a series hitting the 4th to 5th figures.

What i am doing now, in my opinion, is the only way to have any possibility to complete any Trek series. No way anyone getting Uhrua, no way anyone getting a worf, no way anyone getting a twok mccoy. I can lay down 1000 to win your 100 about this. I am this sure.

At the end if the day, fanboy mentality will fail. Plenty of history to read about. I get the license as a fanboy, but I run it like a producer.

Last edited:

I understand all these perfectly because I had nothing else to do.

?Keeping 1/6 Trek Alive? is my prime directive.

Seriously speaking, most advices received are genuinely realistic and well meant, but they all lack the production side of the the picture. This factor will discount all recommendations because Production is heart of the entire operation. 1/6 Trek is an endangered franchise with low demand in the market as a whole.

If you also put Trek Production in to the production sector as a whole, trek production is also small.

Small production means high cost.

Doing just old and major demand Trek characters will have one and only one ending:

Make enough and drop the trek franchise and move on. This will surely happen when a series hitting the 4th to 5th figures.

What i am doing now, in my opinion, is the only way to have any possibility to complete any Trek series. No way anyone getting Uhrua, no way anyone getting a worf, no way anyone getting a twok mccoy. I can lay down 1000 to win your 100 about this. I am this sure.

Seriously, who in the industry could be so dumb to pick up Star Trek 1/6? Nanjin.

I picked it up because only I can make this happen. No one in Sector One willing to or have the connection or ability to make this happen.

Your commitment is inspiring, man!

I have exactly one deftolf shelf set aside for trek, and reasonably it?d be Picard, in his bridge chair, with Data and maybe Worf.

You?re making me want to buy several more just to keep your mission going!

Maybe i can swap out characters on my small slice of the bridge.

Your commitment is inspiring, man!

I have exactly one deftolf shelf set aside for trek, and reasonably it?d be Picard, in his bridge chair, with Data and maybe Worf.

You?re making me want to buy several more just to keep your mission going!

Maybe i can swap out characters on my small slice of the bridge.

I have one other objective from the evil side of me.

I want to make those who forgo whatever figures from whatever series to feel regret at a later date if they didn't get them at the first place [emoji16]

I am a person with abusive nature. The above statement not only satisfy my psych, it also means I am determine to make good looking Trek figures continuously and improve their attractiveness. Plus, I won't over produce and able to utilize working capital more effectively and efficiently.

Most will have their favorite 1/6 Trek but with regrets of not getting the one they didn't like at the beginning.

Back