EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He shared;

I need to be at the frontline and be ready to be the first to get shot.

I wouldn’t want to be the QC guy that lets a defective paint app get through on the holy grail line…

1672867345934.gif

man, those early season TNG uniforms were ugly, and apparently they were also real BO factories too. As I was watching the first two seasons I kept that old anecdote about those uniforms in mind, and just kept wondering how bad it must smell on the Enterprise.
They're not my favorite uniform, but judging by the ones made a while back by Geewhiz Customs, I still think they would look awesome in the collection.

Screenshot_20221221-131131_Facebook_1.jpg

Screenshot_20221221-131119_Facebook_1.jpg

Unpopular opinion…..I loved the first 2 seasons uniforms. But then again I also preferred the first 2 seasons of the show.

Also from Nanjin recently ...

"With 21st Century technology, I believe the concept can be upgraded."
View attachment 616277
Oh man. An exo transporter would be epic... and probably epically expensive.

For Christmas this year, my 9 year old wanted a "teleporter" from Santa that could instantly bring him to Disney World whenever he wanted. What Santa ended up giving him was a Playmates TNG transporter. He's hated Star Trek every time I've tried to show him (Prodigy, TAS, and TwT.) He was pretty disappointed and never even opened it.

If an exo6 version existed this would have been so perfect. Disney, maybe not but it would transport its way to Dads display if he didnt want it::: Mr. Burns::: Eeeeeexcellent...

Last edited:
So worth the wait.

Oh man. An exo transporter would be epic... and probably epically expensive.

For Christmas this year, my 9 year old wanted a "teleporter" from Santa that could instantly bring him to Disney World whenever he wanted. What Santa ended up giving him was a Playmates TNG transporter. He's hated Star Trek every time I've tried to show him (Prodigy, TAS, and TwT.) He was pretty disappointed and never even opened it.

If an exo6 version existed this would have been so perfect. Disney, maybe not but it would transport its way to Dads display if he didnt want it::: Mr. Burns::: Eeeeeexcellent...
Interesting idea but aside from the Borg Alcoves and Chairs, I don’t think I’d get it personally. I was more intrigued when Nanjin flirted with the idea of getting into a Starship line.

I know Prodigy is aimed at a younger audience but I actually thought Season 1 was really done well for an animated introduction into Trek.

They're not my favorite uniform, but judging by the ones made a while back by Geewhiz Customs, I still think they would look awesome in the collection.

View attachment 616315

View attachment 616316

Personally, I was never a fan of these first two seasons uniforms but as I believe that Nanjin mentioned, I would really only want Tasha Yar in that style of uniform, as it was the only one that she wore as a crew member (outside of the "Yesterday's Enterprise" episode...)

FYI for those in the States looking to get EXO figures and are worried about orders being canceled it looks like Timewalker is a safe place to order them. Their TMP Kirk & Spock are about to arrive. I bought mine directly from EXO but this was in an email Timewalker Toys just sent out:

“Finally, we noticed some confusion on the forums about which U.S. retailers are buying from EXO-6 directly and which companies are going through secondary distributors. To be clear, Timewalker Toys & Collectibles buys directly from EXO-6. Our last few shipments have been air freighted (not ocean freighted) directly from the EXO-6 factory in ShenZhen, China. This is why there has been very little lag time between the factory release date and the arrival date to our shop in Kansas City. Yes, air freight is a lot more expensive than ocean freight, but we have believed from the beginning of our relationship with EXO-6 that this is an important product line and we want to get it to our customers as fast as humanly possible without breaking the bank for Timewalker or Timewalker's customers.

So, spread the word. The more customers on board Timewalker's Star Trek Express, the faster we will be able to get each new release to the U.S. We are currently shipping two figures at a time, but if we can double our Star Trek customers this year, we should be able to move each figure out immediately via air freight as they are released from the factory. Again, if you like what we are doing, please share your enthusiasm with other like-minded collectors!”

I have bought from them before and have never had a bad experience. In my experience their customer service has actually been very responsive and helpful.

FYI for those in the States looking to get EXO figures and are worried about orders being canceled it looks like Timewalker is a safe place to order them. Their TMP Kirk & Spock are about to arrive.

Thanks for the heads-up. Just jumped on their waiting list after missing out via Popcultcha - though I know it’s a long shot at this late stage.

And yes, while the “little guys” like Timewalker deserve our support, the supply issues really only apply to the limited-run TMP figs.

I have bought from them before and have never had a bad experience. In my experience their customer service has actually been very responsive and helpful.
If you’re ever in the Kansas City area, check out their retail shop. It’s a pretty awesome place to spend an hour or two. Very friendly customer service and will chat about 1/6th figures for as long as you want to hangout there.

The reason this forum exists is to have frank discussions about what we like, what we love, and what we think should be improved before we throw our money at them. Unfortunately the individual you are referencing has repeatedly shown us that he has tolerance only for abject praise. He received exactly that in large measure on this site the vast majority of the time. But I have no predilection to censor my opinions to please anyone in exchange for updates or information that should be offered up willfully and plentifully by the head of a company seeking our commerce.

One would think that an open idea exchange of what this narrow customer base wants and expects in exchange for our dollar votes to make a company popular and successful would be EXACTLY what any company head would gleefully seek. But the individual you are referencing here has shown no appetite for anything even approaching even the most benign constructive criticism on these pages. And I, for one, have never read any critique written here regarding his work that wasn’t offered respectfully and humbly, and yet anyone brave enough to offer this seldom received anything other than scorn and offense.

In short, if blind worship with no opportunity for criticism is what is required to coax this gentleman back to our community, that is simply too high a price to pay in my opinion. Others may disagree and decide that surrendering their truthful voice is somehow worth it, but I’d be willing to bet most would support my position on this. But I’ve been wrong before. Seldom, but it has happened (as difficult as I know that is to believe)

Cheers,
QGF

I know we have an Owner of the forum, and several Moderators, but if we ever need a Forum President, I nominate QuiGonFishing!

Perfectly said, 100% agreed!

Thanks for the heads-up. Just jumped on their waiting list after missing out via Popcultcha - though I know it’s a long shot at this late stage.

And yes, while the “little guys” like Timewalker deserve our support, the supply issues really only apply to the limited-run TMP figs.

There will likely be other limited-run figures coming beyond TMP. Will have to be vigilant. Anything outside of core crews are are possibly limited.

If you’re ever in the Kansas City area, check out their retail shop. It’s a pretty awesome place to spend an hour or two. Very friendly customer service and will chat about 1/6th figures for as long as you want to hangout there.
It’s definitely on my list of things to do if I am ever in the area.

I spent several hours over 2 days back around 2013 at their store. Steve and I talked for quite some time. It was fun and enlightening. He and Margaret were very gracious, and we even went out to dinner and talked some more. Lovely people (that was before Nathan started working there, though he and I have talked on the phone — equally nice guy). It was an 8 1/2 hour drive one way for me, but it was worth it. BBTS is only 35 miles from my house, but sadly they don’t have a retail facility, and their warehouse isn’t open to the public.

Back