EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear sales at Exo-6 are going well! I adjusted my purchasing habits to buy direct and support this awesome company!

I have a feeling TMP is going to be like a walmart on black friday.
We’ll see. Burnham is a limited run figure too, but is still available in spite of good sales. Kirk is a more popular character, but hopefully he’ll last as long or at least close to it so those of us who want him have a good chance.

No matter how limited, I really doubt we'll see any of these sell out within the first few hours or anything like a JND statue. So I don't think we need to be too concerned, especially when there are so many other sites carrying these as well.

We’ll see. Burnham is a limited run figure too, but is still available in spite of good sales. Kirk is a more popular character, but hopefully he’ll last as long or at least close to it so those of us who want him have a good chance.
There are Trek uniform groups coming in for 1/6 TMP. They know the good in these figures. The likeness expectation comes after the uniforms. Remember I said they have a bigger market then just 1/6 collectors.

We can't compare to the big guys. We can only compare to small time producers. JNS, Queens all those are way over our league.

There are Trek uniform groups coming in for 1/6 TMP. They know the good in these figures. The likeness expectation comes after the uniforms. Remember I said they have a bigger market then just 1/6 collectors.

We can't compare to the big guys. We can only compare to small time producers. JNS, Queens all those are way over our league.

You obviously know the fandom & market MUCH better than me, but I'm exactly the opposite . . . if the likeness isn't good - I won't buy - period.

And although I'm not on my own for that, it shouldn't adjust your approach because EVERYTHING so far has had perfect likenesses.

Whoever you sculptor (sculptors?) is/are - don't ever let them go !!!!! :)

Not sure how reliable this is, but just got an email from Timewalker stating that next preorder will be Seven, followed by TMP Kirk.

Sounds great if true. 👍
Was really hoping that the TMP kirk and Spock would be a 2-pack instead of waiting for Spock to come along eventually 😐

Was really hoping that the TMP kirk and Spock would be a 2-pack instead of waiting for Spock to come along eventually 😐
I can see why, though as someone who would love Kirk in that uniform but want either a TOS or WoK Spock I’m kinda glad as it doesn’t mean I’d need to sell on part of a 2 pack.

You obviously know the fandom & market MUCH better than me, but I'm exactly the opposite . . . if the likeness isn't good - I won't buy - period.

And although I'm not on my own for that, it shouldn't adjust your approach because EVERYTHING so far has had perfect likenesses.

Whoever you sculptor (sculptors?) is/are - don't ever let them go !!!!! :)

It’s funny, my immediate reaction is to agree, but what constitutes a great, good and terrible likeness is so subjective (and so dependent on angles and lighting), whereas the quality of an outfit or uniform in 1:6th or smaller, is almost immediate (except for a bit of recent back and forth on Kirk’s green/gray colors).

I think my acceptance of a portrait is much broader than an outfit.

It’s funny, my immediate reaction is to agree, but what constitutes a great, good and terrible likeness is so subjective (and so dependent on angles and lighting), whereas the quality of an outfit or uniform in 1:6th or smaller, is almost immediate (except for a bit of recent back and forth on Kirk’s green/gray colors).

I think my acceptance of a portrait is much broader than an outfit.

Yeah - as with everything - we all have things that are more vs. less important.

For human characters, the likeness is above-all for me - and no offence to those for whom it IS important, but I really couldn't care about (E.G.) grey/green stuff as long as the uniform is in the ballpark.

Now "Predator" related stuff - there is where I'm perhaps a bit more picky on armour/weapons etc. (but again facial likeness - human or creature - is still ultra-important).

Yeah - as with everything - we all have things that are more vs. less important.

For human characters, the likeness is above-all for me - and no offence to those for whom it IS important, but I really couldn't care about (E.G.) grey/green stuff as long as the uniform is in the ballpark.

Now "Predator" related stuff - there is where I'm perhaps a bit more picky on armour/weapons etc. (but again facial likeness - human or creature - is still ultra-important).

Cool Dillon ;)

You are lucky to have Spock this year. He's a subcontracted production while Kirk is in-house. We just enter full production schedule (was a gap filler) and we already have a completion date expected delivery time. Spock started in Oct of 2021 by the subcontracted company and we only have a tentative completion day 😅

With this delivery time provided by subcontract associates, how can we not fail if we need to rely on 3rd party?

Adm Kirk will start deliver in July. (Don't buy if you want a Grey uniform. Our version is Green)

I think it was smart to limit the amount of Burnham figures, because it allows Nanjin to have numbers to work with to gauge production for Disco and the other current Trek shows. Admit I'm not a fan of Burnham, but Emperor Georgiu (probably misspelled that) - she's a must. I adore Michelle Yeoh.

You are lucky to have Spock this year. He's a subcontracted production while Kirk is in-house. We just enter full production schedule (was a gap filler) and we already have a completion date expected delivery time. Spock started in Oct of 2021 by the subcontracted company and we only have a tentative completion day 😅

With this delivery time provided by subcontract associates, how can we not fail if we need to rely on 3rd party?

Adm Kirk will start deliver in July. (Don't buy if you want a Grey uniform. Our version is Green)
So was that newsletter from Timewalkee Toys correct? 7 of 9 is next followed by Admiral Kirk from TMP? And then based on your comments Saru will be somewhere in between them?

Nanjin has said a million times they are a 2-pack. I don't see him saying they are released individually above. The only thing saying Kirk is alone is a vendor email. So I don't think there's any definitive evidence they are being released individually yet. 🤷

Back