EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have thought

Kirk
Uhura
Spock
Chekov

To avoid repeating exactly the same line up as QMX, with a special release for next Christmas, maybe some diorama pieces like the chair, and a limited edition character like the Romulan Commander, Kang, or Mudd.

I have no experience with 1/6 figure production or marketing but in my opinion, I believe that in order to build a new customer base, some of the core characters (from all ST franchises) need to be released fairly early. Some secondary and tertiary characters interspersed between will keep the collectors interested and the lines moving forward for a long time. Accessories will keep interest moving forward as well.

One thing that has truly baffled me, in regards to Hot Toys' business plan, is when they release one figure and not follow up with an obvious complimentary figure that would only boost sales for both! This only hurts customer trust and obviously, product sold numbers.

The sneak peak of the bridge chair was greatly appreciated, as it told me that the line includes more than just basic figures. Lots of high hopes here!

Four figures is all in a year?

Kirk
Spock
McCoy
Scott

Done...
I think for a small company that would be reasonable. Maybe bump it up to five or six. My problem is that Star Trek is a franchise I can easily go all in on. If there are too many figures offered I?ll get overwhelmed and like davejames said may end up having to pick and choose. Curious how the figures will be priced under EXO-6. QMX was very reasonable at like $180 a pop.

One thing that has truly baffled me, in regards to Hot Toys' business plan, is when they release one figure and not follow up with an obvious complimentary figure that would only boost sales for both! This only hurts customer trust and obviously, product sold numbers.

I believe this to be true as well.

Neo but no Smith....

Ant-Man but no Yellow-jacket...

Sparrow but no Barbossa...

Artoo but no Threepio...

The list goes on and on....

I think for a small company that would be reasonable. Maybe bump it up to five or six. My problem is that Star Trek is a franchise I can easily go all in on. If there are too many figures offered I?ll get overwhelmed and like davejames said may end up having to pick and choose. Curious how the figures will be priced under EXO-6. QMX was very reasonable at like $180 a pop.

I could probably do 5 a year, assuming these aren't going to be priced near HT levels. But with my dozens of other preorders every year it still gets a bit tricky.

I just hope Nanjin can give these sculpts a much more consistent look, as the QMX ones were kinda all over the place in terms of quality, and clearly done by different artists. The fantastic sculpts he's already shown for Green Wraparound Kirk and Pike make me very optimistic though.

The video is no longer available. It was just a teaser/announcement of the new line but no figures were shown. Basically a "Coming Soon".

Hopefully Nanjin can receive approval for whatever he needs, in order to pull back the curtain on EXO-6 and start posting in this thread.

https://exo-6.com/password

As per Nanjin: "Waiting for approval so I have assets to use. I can't show anything until they are approved."

I don't mind being patient. I have a tsunami of pre-orders that will likely come due for payment in the first half of 2021. But I am looking forward to seeing what EXO-6 and Nanjin will come out with right out of the gate.

Four figures is all in a year?

Kirk
Spock
McCoy
Scott

Done...

Nanjim replied recently to a comment I made years ago about QmX should be leading their line with the Captains from each of the shows then go back and fill in the various crews. His comment indicated that he was planning on something similar to that idea.

If I was to guess the line up I'd go with

Kirk

Picard

Burnham (or someone else from Discovery like Saru, or Georgiou. It's a bit of a wild card, but considering outside of ships, I don't think there have been any figures made of the Discovery crew and it would make since that collectibles based on the current Trek show might be what would make CBS bite on giving EXO-6 the license.)

Sisko

Part of me feels Spock might be in the mix too, since the two biggest hitters are going to be Kirk and Spock, but considering both have been done recently, unless its in a TWOK or TMP uniform I can see Spock being pushed back in favor of someone who hasn't had a figure yet. Yes Picard was also done recently, but that figure wasn't up to the same standards as Kirk and Spock.

I am quite relaxed. I can wait. In the meantime I am making some TOS characters Nanjin would most likely never produce.

BTW Koloth would like to have Kirk in his green wraparound to match "The Trouble With Tribbles", and of course the 2nd season Uhura - she was never more gorgeous than in season 2!!! What a Coup de coeur!!!!

koloth-boots-1.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

BTW Nanjin: Which thread you want us to follow, this very Exo-6 one or the old QMx one?
And I do not worry about the number of characters you make a year, Nanjin, make as much TOS as you can, I have my savings kept for your TOS crew - and chair and bridge and and ......

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

This is great news, can't wait to see what you have in store!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

Great news and pleased that Nanjin has his wish to produce excellent ST figures the way wants...

Nanjim replied recently to a comment I made years ago about QmX should be leading their line with the Captains from each of the shows then go back and fill in the various crews. His comment indicated that he was planning on something similar to that idea.

That is an interesting idea.

I just want to know when the first figure pre-order will drop. Also I wonder if it will be like the early QMX releases where the figures were announced and then available within a few months or if there will be a longer turnaround.

Nanjin's new venture is the only 1/6 company on my radar right now. Still follow customs and creators, but pretty much given up on the likes of Hot Toys and Sideshow long time ago.

Work in progress on a Dr McKenna figure from Star Trek Continues. Had to compromise on the height & build (although McKenna is quite tall) as the only blue female uniform I could find was the playmates 9" Chapel figure and even then it was a hellva job to get it on.
Still need to sort the hair and tinker with the uniform.
Unfortunately it looks undersized next to Spock.
eabee581bcc8e061a8a475c4b0b69e32.jpg
f94caa6d52d8d890618d0008546fe39b.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Back