EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly!

Get 'em young. Though, no Disney in her room. She DOES have Star Trek Ken and Barbie though ;) - she'll be here in just a couple of week

It's great to see new beginnings. I'm looking forward to watching SNW return to episodic episodes. That's where my brain is set because of being lifelong TOS/TNG-era fan. IMO the reimagined looks are all fantastic in every new Trek show....
Thank you for your support in the war against the Wars Clan.

I agree with you on DSC. I will do all Trek because of an idea, but I still have preferences, and DSC isn't on the too 5. But their appearance do look good as figures, and one of these DSC figures is a head turner.

When Exo makes Archer, I think I might buy one for the head sculpt and make a Sam Beckett out of it, since nobody will ever make Quantum Leap figures. I'm still not sure about that, but I am toying with the idea. Anybody else thinking of repurposing an Exo figure in any way?

Thank you for your support in the war against the Wars Clan.

I agree with you on DSC. I will do all Trek because of an idea, but I still have preferences, and DSC isn't on the too 5. But their appearance do look good as figures, and one of these DSC figures is a head turner.
Thanks to YOU is more like it... as well as to your entire team. I'm not alone when I say I love the anticipation for upcoming EXO-6 Star Trek figures of this quality from any series or movie era to choose from. That's quite a long list of amazing possibilities.

When Exo makes Archer, I think I might buy one for the head sculpt and make a Sam Beckett out of it, since nobody will ever make Quantum Leap figures. I'm still not sure about that, but I am toying with the idea. Anybody else thinking of repurposing an Exo figure in any way?
Me))) I`m getting Archer to turn him into Sam Becket. I ADORE Quantum Leap, and I didn`t like ENT.

Art Asylum's old Archer figure was made from a scan of Scott Bakula and still holds up.

I would totally buy Quantum Leap figures based on Sam's most memorable leaps.

But Exo 6 Archer will do.

I was going to use the Archer hs for a SB as well but it was pointed out to me awhile ago on these threads that the hair/look for Scott Bakula is completely different, unfortunately.

I realize it's all about stocks and money, but personally I think they're shooting themselves in the foot by keeping to Paramount+ and not staying with, say, Netflix. I don't know anyone who says, hey, I like watching this ONE show, I'll pay $10 a month for it.

I literally did that for Discovery. Didn't watch anything else on CBS all access and paid for the no commercial plan and I have zero regrets doing it, not because I thought Discovery was great, but because I felt I was supporting the idea of getting more Trek in the future Now that its Paramount+ there is more benefit, I've watched a few movies, my daughter watches the Nick stuff, and I'm planning on watching some Twilight Zone.

I'm watching the new 4K release of the movies. First, never noticed the green tint to the Admiral uniform before. I think you guys talked about it here several pages back. Also the audio was much better I was hearing TOS sounds buried under the new sounds for the bridge.

I literally did that for Discovery. Didn't watch anything else on CBS all access and paid for the no commercial plan and I have zero regrets doing it, not because I thought Discovery was great, but because I felt I was supporting the idea of getting more Trek in the future Now that its Paramount+ there is more benefit, I've watched a few movies, my daughter watches the Nick stuff, and I'm planning on watching some Twilight Zone.
I sincerely hope new Trek succeeds, because I want the franchise to succeed, but I'm in the opposite boat. I've never watched new Trek TV except for DSC season 1 when they finally decided to broadcast it on CBS last year precisely because it's streaming only. It's also why I made a point to watch it when it was broadcast, so that if there are enough of us out there (and I doubt it), maybe they'll change their minds. It's the only way to "vote" for it.

It was an OK show but IMO not worth subscribing for. I probably would watch it, or at least give it more of a chance, if I could do it outside of streaming. I don't want to end up paying for streaming services for every single network on top of my cable bill anyway. I get Netflix and amazon and that's enough for me. I'll sit out Disney, Paramount, etc w/ no regrets.

My son is 8, and I plan to try to watch Prodigy with him when it reaches Nickelodeon. I'm excited to do it, actually.

In the end, it must be working for them or DSC would have moved to CBS by now. I accept that I'm probably in the minority in this view.

I sincerely hope new Trek succeeds, because I want the franchise to succeed, but I'm in the opposite boat. I've never watched new Trek TV except for DSC season 1 when they finally decided to broadcast it on CBS last year precisely because it's streaming only. It's also why I made a point to watch it when it was broadcast, so that if there are enough of us out there (and I doubt it), maybe they'll change their minds. It's the only way to "vote" for it.

It was an OK show but IMO not worth subscribing for. I probably would watch it, or at least give it more of a chance, if I could do it outside of streaming. I don't want to end up paying for streaming services for every single network on top of my cable bill anyway. I get Netflix and amazon and that's enough for me. I'll sit out Disney, Paramount, etc w/ no regrets.

My son is 8, and I plan to try to watch Prodigy with him when it reaches Nickelodeon. I'm excited to do it, actually.

In the end, it must be working for them or DSC would have moved to CBS by now. I accept that I'm probably in the minority in this view.
I don’t think you’re in the minority. SNW appears to be their attempt at righting the ship.

“Star Trek: Discovery bombs in CBS debut, finishing last in ratings for the network on the night.”

I don’t think you’re in the minority. SNW appears to be their attempt at righting the ship.

“Star Trek: Discovery bombs in CBS debut, finishing last in ratings for the network on the night.”
As we already discussed that's a misconception. If most people hated and didn't watch Discovery, Picard, and Lower Decks then they wouldn't keep pouring 10s of millions of dollars into it, ordering new seasons, and developing new shows.

As we already discussed that's a misconception. If most people hated and didn't watch Discovery, Picard, and Lower Decks then they wouldn't keep pouring 10s of millions of dollars into it, ordering new seasons, and developing new shows
I didn’t mention those other shows. Saying it’s a misconception is your take. Others see it differently. It appears they are attempting to salvage the issue, there are numerous examples of companies spending cash on failing projects in attempts to save them.

I didn’t mention those other shows. Saying it’s a misconception is your take. Others see it differently. It appears they are attempting to salvage the issue, there are numerous examples of companies spending cash on failing projects in attempts to save them.
Discovery is literally in the quote you posted, and what is the "righting the ship" line meant to imply if not the view that they are "fixing" some sort of misstep some feel the other new Trek shows made.

Being a misconception isn't "my take", it's a fact. If new Trek was failure, it wouldn't still be here 4 years later. Kurtzman wouldn't still be in charge nor would they have renewed his contract.

Name another "failed" genre show that has run that long. Why would they keep spending money on a 4 year old "failed" show? Think logically about it. The show isn't the greatest, but it gets enough people watching and generates enough money to justify its continued production.

It is your take and while I mentioned Disco I didn’t mentioned the other shows. All one has to do if they care enough is do an internet search for Disco ratings and sources from Variety and on describe reported poor ratings numbers and their meaning. I get nothing extra in my paycheck if the reception on Disco is poor. Is what it is. But I don’t care enough to continue this, honestly. Anyone can reply back I’m wrong and what-have-you. I love TOS/TNG Trek but when I even get close to an online Trek argument I fear I may be slipping down the rabbit hole to cliche-town. 🖖🏻

SNW doesn't affect Discovery in any way though? If Discovery was doing poorly they would cancel it, one has nothing to do with the other.

I would agree that with SNW they are hoping to pull in a segment of the audience that turned away from DSC, but I would not say they are "righting the ship". Star Trek has become big enough to handle some variety. It's not just 1 ship anymore going in one direction. They are building a fleet.

I would agree that with SNW they are hoping to pull in a segment of the audience that turned away from DSC, but I would not say they are "righting the ship". Star Trek has become big enough to handle some variety. It's not just 1 ship anymore going in one direction. They are building a fleet.
This!!

It is your take and while I mentioned Disco I didn’t mentioned the other shows. All one has to do if they care enough is do an internet search for Disco ratings and sources from Variety and on describe reported poor ratings numbers and their meaning. I get nothing extra in my paycheck if the reception on Disco is poor. Is what it is. But I don’t care enough to continue this, honestly. Anyone can reply back I’m wrong and what-have-you. I love TOS/TNG Trek but when I even get close to an online Trek argument I fear I may be slipping down the rabbit hole to cliche-town. 🖖🏻
Just because you don’t “mention” something doesn’t mean that it isn’t what you are talking about. You were very clearly talking about New Trek. If you were implying some other show in your topic please let me know what it is.

Your are hen pecking your proof. The site you reference is for when it aired on regular television. When it aired it was WaaY after everyone who was interested in it and wanted to watch it already did. Why would they go watch it again with commercials at whatever times it aired when you can watch it on streaming without commercials when you want to watch it.

You appear to be trying to compare apples to oranges to prove some false idea that new Trek was a failure that needed to be “righted”. Just look at the plain and simple facts. All the shows have gotten renewed and new Trek has been moving along for four years now. Shows that don't have a large audience and fail to earn money don’t get renewed. If I’m wrong please tell me what money losing failure was renewed four years or longer that didn’t have a large audience.

I'm itching for some DS9 love, Nanjin. Need to see some sneak peaks of characters soon. I'm thinking of picking up the playmates figures as temporary placeholders...no comparison I know

I'm itching for some DS9 love, Nanjin. Need to see some sneak peaks of characters soon. I'm thinking of picking up the playmates figures as temporary placeholders...no comparison I know

This is NOT the official Sisko. The outfit has to be redo. Sisko will be using a newly developed V2.2 body.

He will look a lot different than Poster Boy Picard even in the same uniform.

I want a Pale Moonlight Sisko.

What Sisko said at the end of the episode allowed me to understand what my grandfather told me about Wars 50+ years ago, about able to live with some morally wrong decisions. My grand couldn't. He spent the rest of his life punishing himself. I had zero idea what he said, and didn't remember them until Pale Moonlight.

DS9 Sisko has a meaning for me personally. Able to Live with Morally wrong Decisions is the main message EXO-6 Captain Sisko.

2 DS9 characters will be released back to back with Sisko. All captains will have minimum of 2 characters to follow.
DSC_8500-Edit.jpg

Back