EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rather enjoyed the way Babylon 5 and Buffy did it with a mixture of one off stories and over arching plot elements. I'm not averse to heroic characters but I never liked it in TOS when Kirk and Spock ended up stealing scenes and jobs more suited to other characters so I don’t see why I should be happy with an idiotic plot thread involving an inexperienced ensign being made first officer because she has heart and because none of the better qualified support characters are being given lines.
Well to be fair, it's not like DISCO did that first. We had a entire Trek movie about a cadet being made Captain by the end of the film. And a teenager being given the conn in the same movie. Not that I'm saying it's ok, neither really sat right with me, but I went with it anyways because I was entertained.

If we are making wish lists of franchises to be made after Trek is done, Id throw out Battlestar Galactica again (both new and old) and Highlander.

I just watched the whole interview, some cool semi-previews of some DISCO figure uniforms. I thought the discussion about the challenges of Troi's hair was interesting food for thought and will definately be a challenge. Not sure I liked the Captain Carter block of hair done by Hot Toys, but if one had to choose a sculpted hair, seems like the cone might be the way to go as long as it doesn't come out too blocky but the halvsies would probably come out better, depending on the hairstyle.

I'm a long time Trek geek. From a time when there was no new Trek and nothing on the horizon. I have very fond memories of going to Star Trek conventions like the Decicentennial in 1976 and getting George Takei's autograph. Browsing the tables for whatever collectibles could be had. Favorite episode screenings especially the Black & White version of "The Cage". Loved those conventions. I understand fandom for something that is over and done with and has no hope of coming back. But 3 years later there was TMP. Then TWOK and everything after. Always very happy for any new Trek that appears. I appreciate it because of my experience with no new Trek at all. I've watched all of Discovery so far and have had lengthy discussions with friends about likes and dislikes. It's not for me. I've checked out with season 3 and won't be following up religiously when its back, if at all. For me what spoiled Discovery first and foremost was Burnham as Spocks foster sister. Just did not see the need for it. Wasn't necessary for me. Then the take on the Klingons was just overkill ...to me. And there are other things, but, bottom line its Trek but it's not for me. Thats OK though. I know others like and enjoy it. I know there will be other shows coming down the line that I may like better. So the Discovery figures won't be for me. I hope they are awesome and people who enjoy Discovery pick them up but I'll be collecting my Trek. Which apparently includes Voyager figures! Who would have thought?
I just came back from the 55 mission in Vegas. It was my first Trek convention and it was awesome. I met so many cool people, joined a local Trek group and im also going to the Trek con in Chicago. I just went to the Star Trek day event at Skirball and it was awesome. I don't care for Discovery but I watch it. Im really looking forward to Strange New Wolds because the writers saud that they are going to go back to that old style of episodic writing self contained stories.

I just came back from the 55 mission in Vegas. It was my first Trek convention and it was awesome. I met so many cool people, joined a local Trek group and im also going to the Trek con in Chicago. I just went to the Star Trek day event at Skirball and it was awesome. I don't care for Discovery but I watch it. Im really looking forward to Strange New Wolds because the writers saud that they are going to go back to that old style of episodic writing self contained stories.
See you in Chicago.

I just watched the whole interview, some cool semi-previews of some DISCO figure uniforms. I thought the discussion about the challenges of Troi's hair was interesting food for thought and will definately be a challenge. Not sure I liked the Captain Carter block of hair done by Hot Toys, but if one had to choose a sculpted hair, seems like the cone might be the way to go as long as it doesn't come out too blocky but the halvsies would probably come out better, depending on the hairstyle.
I'm really not fond of the half rooted, half sculpted look myself. And her hair was often behind her back anyway so I don't see the need for it. Plus when she was in uniform it was often tied up a bit in back, which I thought was a very attractive look and would be perfect to have on the figure.

chain-of-command-part-i-hd-231_1.jpg

I hope Nanjin gives us options on Troi. Personally I'm a fan of her more casual look. One, because it better represents how she looked throughout most of the show, two, because it gives some variety on the shelf, and three, silly as it may sound, I'm still nostalgic for that first Playmates wave (which is why I'm very happy about Darmok Picard getting a go).

Heck, it's what she wore in Darmok, so those would go together.
darmok-hd-023.jpg

I hope Nanjin gives us options on Troi. Personally I'm a fan of her more casual look. One, because it better represents how she looked throughout most of the show, two, because it gives some variety on the shelf, and three, silly as it may sound, I'm still nostalgic for that first Playmates wave (which is why I'm very happy about Darmok Picard getting a go).

Heck, it's what she wore in Darmok, so those would go together.
darmok-hd-023.jpg
Don't think we can have much choices on these.

I provide options on some items as “added benefits,” not a normal procedure. We can't be a custom producer unless we markup 300% (compensate low volume and high fixed cost)

I think we should let Nanjin concentrate on the license he does have before suggesting any others. Let him get Trek right and the majority of people in this thread will be happy.

I think we should let Nanjin concentrate on the license he does have before suggesting any others. Let him get Trek right and the majority of people in this thread will be happy.
That's the last thing you need to worry. Nothing can deviate me from what I am doing. Sit back, relax, and watch whats coming.

Hot Toys has a built in downer with anything they show now.

It's this feeling you get when you see a new figure.

It's part 'I know this might not be made', and part 'if it does get made, I won't have it for 2 years.'

Exo 6 gave me 2 amazing representations of great characters in 5 months. That's insane.

I just finished watching the interview.

Pure, unreserved passion.

"Living the dream."

Indeed.

Back when QMx were messing about a lot us pondered the dream that one day Nanjin would get the license and manage it properly.

For me Trek is a side line, but there's a lot of nostalgia for the original series, and especially for the films I saw in the cinema (ST I to III) - though I was too young to appreciate The Motion Picture at the time.

When Buffy was mentioned I was daydreaming of it being tackled with the passion that Nanjin is tackling Trek. BTVS and Angel were series I adored from beginning to end - the perfect blend of writing, dialogue, characters and actors.

I just watched it, and I thought back on what an amazing journey it's been. You guys do know that when he's talking about those first few steps in the water - the customs, getting heads made, etc. - that was right here, on this forum. It's been a pleasure just being along for the ride all this time, and now we're finally truly reaping the rewards.

With EMH pre-sale, 3rd VOY character, and DSC around the corner, we will be bringing in another Trek series on to the playing field.
DSC will need to do some Disco Infernal dance moves to get out this one alive 😅

Guess who is coming?

With EMH pre-sale, 3rd VOY character, and DSC around the corner, we will be bringing in another Trek series on to the playing field.
DSC will need to do some Disco Infernal dance moves to get out this one alive 😅

Guess who is coming?
Judging by the sky high bids in today's propstore auction, there are clearly some much bigger DSC fans out there than people here would like to think, so hopefully the figures will do well.

Back