EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will see what happens in a few weeks. DSC is like Delta Quadrant, the unknown.

04758_192910.png

Replace new spices and new civilization in Kirk's speech with new Trek new series.

Judging by the sky high bids in today's propstore auction, there are clearly some much bigger DSC fans out there than people here would like to think, so hopefully the figures will do well.
The problem with DSC is the very vocal ones make so much noise that everyone hates it when in reality, just like with any of the shows, theres a mix of feelings - theres only so many times we can hear a talking YouTube head spout "my sources have confirmed this person is out and that show has been cancelled" to find out it was completely made up. At this point I completely believe that they just repeat the same thing over and over so when someone inevitably leaves and the show one day comes to an end they will say "see, told you I was right" even if they were completely off the mark for 4, 5, 6 or maybe even 7 years.

I have my criticisms with DSC just as I do Picard or DS9 or TNG but there is parts of it where even if I really disliked a story line there isnt some good which came from it - Like Pike, I love Anton Mounts depiction of an earlier Captain of the Enterprise and have high hopes for Strange New Worlds.

I think what some forget is while we ourselves may hate one of the shows its going to be someones favourite - TV and movies, just like 1/6 scale figures, are an art form and art is completely subjective.

This is all about figures though and I for one are looking forward to seeing what EXO-6 brings us from the Final Frontier as the last few months of the year comes to a close!

It might just take time. There was a lot of backlash against TNG at first, they didn't really hit their stride until S3. And I hated DS9 when it first came on - it just didn't feel like Star Trek. Of course, I was 8. Now, it's a fan favorite, and for good reason. But it didn't hit it's stride until S3 either. Enterprise was ok, but overall weak until S4 - too bad it never got a chance to grow into it's own.

For me, TOS and VOY are the outliers on that one - TOS S1 were some of it's strongest stories, and VOY IMHO went downhill the longer the show went on when it became a TNG clone with the Borg as the only baddies.

But nonetheless, I'm judging something that's incomplete, and I will be happy to be proven wrong down the line, it's just not grabbing me thus far. That said, each season has been a bit stronger than the one that came before, so who knows?

DSC was also an experiment, and had so many behind-the-scenes issues - three different creative directions by the time S2 came out. OOF. No wonder it didn't know what it was. Still not sure it does.

I think DSC was a rush project. They didn't even had Klingon Ships finalized by 2017 SDCC.(looked like deep sea fishes).

DSC did well selling to Netflix international and spearheaded CBS All Access. Go check CBS stock around those annoucements, then you would see they made tons of money there. Dude, film or studio not necessary make money from movies and shows. They make money from stock. Alibaba invested in StarTrek Beyond. They made a few annoucements and all the money they paid were returned in a few days. I think was 2 days. I was monitoring their stock. (Alibaba played a significant row in my gorilla war plan capturing Trek license. Unknown to Alibaba, they helped me pressured CBS China and CBS China pressure CBS US).

I wished Trek had a grand plan like MCU, had a global storyline first then put things together with different shows.

Disco, STPicard, and SNW, I will do ALL these. I want EXO-6 to be like HT, and have the same level of respect from CBS just like HT. This is what I want to see. Only new Trek can help me reach that goal. My new Trek secondary target audience in marketing is Alex Kurtzman and his gang.

Let's see if EXO-6 can make First Contact with Medusa someday (Kurtzman)

Last edited:
I think DSC was a rush project. They didn't even had Klingon Ships finalized by 2017 SDCC.(looked like deep sea fishes).

DSC did well selling to Netflix international and spearheaded CBS All Access. Go check CBS stock around those annoucements, then you would see they made tons of money there. Dude, film or studio not necessary make money from movies and shows. They make money from stock. Alibaba invested in StarTrek Beyond. They made a few annoucements and all the money they paid were returned in a few days. I think was 2 days. I was monitoring their stock. (Alibaba played a significant row in my gorilla war plan capturing Trek license. Unknown to Alibaba, they helped me pressured CBS China and CBS China pressure CBS US).

I wished Trek had a grand plan like MCU, had a global storyline first then put things together with different shows.

Disco, STPicard, and SNW, I will do ALL these. I want EXO-6 to be like HT, and have the same level of respect from CBS just like HT. This is what I want to see. Only new Trek can help me reach that goal. My new Trek secondary target audience in marketing is Alex Kurtzman and his gang.

Let's see if EXO-6 can make First Contact with Medusa someday (Kurtzman)
Very interesting reading. I'm finding Trek fans (at least here) are far more reasonable and able to discuss opposing viewpoints than, say, "other" fandoms. I wish I knew non-Trek lifers who were into the new stuff, but unlike Marvel/Star Wars, Trek doesn't seem to have that mass appeal. Kudos for keeping the flame lit for the rest of us.

Very interesting reading. I'm finding Trek fans (at least here) are far more reasonable and able to discuss opposing viewpoints than, say, "other" fandoms. I wish I knew non-Trek lifers who were into the new stuff, but unlike Marvel/Star Wars, Trek doesn't seem to have that mass appeal. Kudos for keeping the flame lit for the rest of us.

I'm interested to see what Prodigy does in that respect. So far, all the "new Trek" hasn't made too much effort to appeal to new fans (with the exception of the movies, but personally I consider those pre-'new Trek'). Everything that only exists on a streaming service that really only appeals to Trek fans...you're not going to get a casual viewer. But Prodigy - when it makes it's premiere on Nickelodeon anyway - that might be a different story. Kids of a certain age will wonder about that Janeway character, look her up, start watching Voyager - who knows.

I realize it's all about stocks and money, but personally I think they're shooting themselves in the foot by keeping to Paramount+ and not staying with, say, Netflix. I don't know anyone who says, hey, I like watching this ONE show, I'll pay $10 a month for it.

I don't know anyone who says, hey, I like watching this ONE show, I'll pay $10 a month for it.
We have Paramount+ now but I think it's an introductory period thing, not sure if we're keeping it, but that would mean not have TOS as it leaves Netflix this month. Still debating getting that new $90 boxset, blu-ray collection getting released in Oct.

We have Paramount+ now but I think it's an introductory period thing, not sure if we're keeping it, but that would mean not have TOS as it leaves Netflix this month. Still debating getting that new $90 boxset, blu-ray collection getting released in Oct.
I got a Blu-ray set of TOS a few years back. Worth it just for the option to watch the original special effects on each episode.

Let's hope we get some TOS era pre-orders soon!

Sadly, being rude is the core culture among Trek fans because of different preferences.

This is another one of those ingredients in my formula. When everyone has what they like, there is a high possibility of no more argurments, and might even support or praise other Trek series that they don't like because their hunger is being satisfied (their opinions materialized). The TOS TNG options were originated from this assumption (consumer behavior)

Let's see if I can duplicate what I did in Vegas 20 years ago, unified the illegal bookies to work for us legally (I think this can be a good movie - like Please Stand-by, Star Trek strategies used in real life).

I hope to satisfy all Trek fans from any series first, then unify under One Trek so we can declare War against the Wars Clan. Red shirt shot out with stormtroopers would be fun 😊

It might just take time. There was a lot of backlash against TNG at first, they didn't really hit their stride until S3. And I hated DS9 when it first came on - it just didn't feel like Star Trek. Of course, I was 8. Now, it's a fan favorite, and for good reason. But it didn't hit it's stride until S3 either. Enterprise was ok, but overall weak until S4 - too bad it never got a chance to grow into it's own.

For me, TOS and VOY are the outliers on that one - TOS S1 were some of it's strongest stories, and VOY IMHO went downhill the longer the show went on when it became a TNG clone with the Borg as the only baddies.

But nonetheless, I'm judging something that's incomplete, and I will be happy to be proven wrong down the line, it's just not grabbing me thus far. That said, each season has been a bit stronger than the one that came before, so who knows?

DSC was also an experiment, and had so many behind-the-scenes issues - three different creative directions by the time S2 came out. OOF. No wonder it didn't know what it was. Still not sure it does.

Yeah DSC was done in such a radically different style from previous TV Trek that I wasn't surprised at all at the backlash, since I know there are so many fans who get hung up on canon and want everything to always look a certain way. Fortunately that's never been a big issue for me and I love seeing things get reinterpreted and reimagined, so I was able to warm up to the show pretty quickly. But in retrospect it might have been smarter for the producers to have been a little more conservative with those changes (like to the costumes and Klingon designs, for instance).

The only issue I really have with DSC is that the storytelling can sometimes be a little TOO hectic and fast-paced, which is something I really hope SNW doesn't suffer as much from.

Last edited:
I'm interested to see what Prodigy does in that respect. So far, all the "new Trek" hasn't made too much effort to appeal to new fans (with the exception of the movies, but personally I consider those pre-'new Trek'). Everything that only exists on a streaming service that really only appeals to Trek fans...you're not going to get a casual viewer. But Prodigy - when it makes it's premiere on Nickelodeon anyway - that might be a different story. Kids of a certain age will wonder about that Janeway character, look her up, start watching Voyager - who knows.

I realize it's all about stocks and money, but personally I think they're shooting themselves in the foot by keeping to Paramount+ and not staying with, say, Netflix. I don't know anyone who says, hey, I like watching this ONE show, I'll pay $10 a month for it.
Did you noticed how your wife or you decorated your newborns room? I assume it should be similar to my experience. Tons of Disney stuff (no Trek because ex didn't like Trek) Smart franchise with vision will train the parents to brainwash the kids from birth just like Disney.

Vegas used this strategy extensively. Making the city as a family entertainment center so kids accept “Gambling” as adult fun, an imprint that last with the word, Fun. These kids are the gambling industries future income.

Yes, capturing Young audience is a very good idea and Trek brought in a professional for this - Nickelodeon.

Did you noticed how your wife or you decorated your newborns room? I assume it should be similar to my experience. Tons of Disney stuff (no Trek because ex didn't like Trek) Smart franchise with vision will train the parents to brainwash the kids from birth just like Disney.

Vegas used this strategy extensively. Making the city as a family entertainment center so kids accept “Gambling” as adult fun, an imprint that last with the word, Fun. These kids are the gambling industries future income.

Yes, capturing Young audience is a very good idea and Trek brought in a professional for this - Nickelodeon.
Exactly!

Get 'em young. Though, no Disney in her room. She DOES have Star Trek Ken and Barbie though ;) - she'll be here in just a couple of weeks!

It's great to see new beginnings. I'm looking forward to watching SNW return to episodic episodes. That's where my brain is set because of being lifelong TOS/TNG-era fan. IMO the reimagined looks are all fantastic in every new Trek show as I also don't obsess over the old school aesthetics. STORY, character depth of development and pacing are everything. I just want better narrative storytelling than what new Trek is currently doing. I have not watched more than three episodes of DSC, but I will be getting a few select EXO-6 figures from that show because they make fantastic works of art, and I want them in my display room. I already know I will be getting most of the figures from SNW because I already love the look of the show, the uniforms and the cast. No brainer on picking up all EXO-6 offerings for TOS, TNG, VOY, ENT. The Hot Toys Marvel era is fading away for me, as is Star Wars. Most entertainment finances will now go to EXO-6. Engage!

Back