EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would really like a Captain Pike figure, I think I would prefer one from Strange New Worlds tho. I have a feeling its going to be good. An original Pike would be cool too tho. Hoping we get Sisko, Archer, Kirk TWOK, Riker TNG, Data TNG, Quark, Gorn, Seven of Nine, B'elanna, Tuvok next.
Yep I'd buy all those to

Ok this will probably be all out of order.

First, You have no worries about me getting upset. I live for these type of discussions on Trek. The fact that we are discussing a franchise that is over 50 years old is frankly incredible to me. Also just to be clear I see your points and even agree with some of them, DISCO isn't even my favorite Trek, I just think it gets a bad rep for having the same faults all the other shows do.

So if we go with your point of world or universe ending plots where only one person or crew could save everyone then ST3 would indeed be out. My take on your point was that all stories counted, apologies.

ST5. Considering Spock fell for Sybok, I can see Picard easily falling for him too. Picard got hooked on that video game Riker brought back, and if it wasn't for Nexus Guinan he would of stayed in the Nexus. The Nexus was kind of what Sybok was doing, removing all pain and guilt, just in a pseudo reality. Sisko I'd really need to think on it more. Losing his wife affected him in a huge way, I don't know if having that burden lifted would be something he would want, but there are moments from DS9 where I think he did.

Saru wasn't the only living Kelpian, he was just the only one there at that time.

I agree that the issue probably is the season long threat. Trek is full of planet, or galaxy ending threats, but they usually get fixed by the end of the episode Doomsday Machine, Immunity Syndrome, Year of Hell, Best of Both Worlds (really anything Borg) are some that spring to mind. But then you have DS9 which had a multi season long threat and most people enjoyed it. I think it really comes down to personal taste, and how it's executed.

My personal view is Star Trek is suppose to be a Sci Fi episodic show, not a Star Trek serialized show. TOS, and TNG held closer to that, and while DS9 is my favorite Trek, when it went the serialized route Trek went off the rails, and hasn't really gotten back on since. VOY and ENT tried to be a kind of hybrid episodic/serialized show, which had mixed results. New Trek (except Lower Decks) went full on serialized and its polarized fans. Strange New Worlds seems like it's going to follow the VOY/ENT model, so I think it will be more liked, but it's still not going to be fully embraced from the old school fans.

I don't think the first season of Disco fits in your argument of it had to be Burnham, I think you could of easily replaced her with anyone and they would of still ended the war. The actual Discovery ship though, yeah it had to be that ship, but then we wouldn't of had the show if it could of been any old ship. Season 2 did require her but that was due to the Red Angel being her mother, and Burnham was the only one that could use the suit due to her DNA. That's really no different then several other times in Trek and other shows where the only one that could save everyone would be the main character of the show.
I rather enjoyed the way Babylon 5 and Buffy did it with a mixture of one off stories and over arching plot elements. I'm not averse to heroic characters but I never liked it in TOS when Kirk and Spock ended up stealing scenes and jobs more suited to other characters so I don’t see why I should be happy with an idiotic plot thread involving an inexperienced ensign being made first officer because she has heart and because none of the better qualified support characters are being given lines.

I rather enjoyed the way Babylon 5 and Buffy did it with a mixture of one off stories and over arching plot elements.

Stargate SG-1 did that too. My first fandom and I am measuring everything on that since.
I think it is a perfect mixture. You have world-building and recurring characters and plotlines but still each episode ends with a happy end (mostly).

One of us needs to change their name, this is too confusing ;)

1ba79d3bae315cdd5619c0a42714bbca634123ef.gifv

If only Nanjin had been a massive fan of Buffy The Vampire Slayer... :unsure:

Imagine the possibilities? :drool
If we want to start a Nanjin license wishlist thread o_O (y) :D;)I'd love to his take on IP Man or The Grandmaster. But I'm happy with Trek. It feels like a Trek monsoon is about to be released.

If we want to start a Nanjin license wishlist thread o_O (y) :D;)I'd love to his take on IP Man or The Grandmaster. But I'm happy with Trek. It feels like a Trek monsoon is about to be released.
I would throw in Princesses Bride (would have loved to see that line completed) and Willow. of course if Asmus was to ever give up the Lord of the Rings that would move to number one on my list for Nanjin. But with all of those I would say only after Trek is done. I don’t want to take away from his Trek vision.

I'd love to see him make some proper Kill Bill figures myself. There are so many cool characters in those movies (with so many cool alternate outfits) that would look absolutely amazing in figure form and that I'm still dying to have in my collection someday.

Last edited:
I'm a long time Trek geek. From a time when there was no new Trek and nothing on the horizon. I have very fond memories of going to Star Trek conventions like the Decicentennial in 1976 and getting George Takei's autograph. Browsing the tables for whatever collectibles could be had. Favorite episode screenings especially the Black & White version of "The Cage". Loved those conventions. I understand fandom for something that is over and done with and has no hope of coming back. But 3 years later there was TMP. Then TWOK and everything after. Always very happy for any new Trek that appears. I appreciate it because of my experience with no new Trek at all. I've watched all of Discovery so far and have had lengthy discussions with friends about likes and dislikes. It's not for me. I've checked out with season 3 and won't be following up religiously when its back, if at all. For me what spoiled Discovery first and foremost was Burnham as Spocks foster sister. Just did not see the need for it. Wasn't necessary for me. Then the take on the Klingons was just overkill ...to me. And there are other things, but, bottom line its Trek but it's not for me. Thats OK though. I know others like and enjoy it. I know there will be other shows coming down the line that I may like better. So the Discovery figures won't be for me. I hope they are awesome and people who enjoy Discovery pick them up but I'll be collecting my Trek. Which apparently includes Voyager figures! Who would have thought?

Stargate SG-1 did that too. My first fandom and I am measuring everything on that since.
I think it is a perfect mixture. You have world-building and recurring characters and plotlines but still each episode ends with a happy end (mostly).
SG-1 really needs figures with a level of detail that Nanjin is putting into these - I agree that, along with some others, was a great way to tell a serialised overall story with standalone episodes - I think thats something some people seem to forget these days, we don't need completely self contained stories which do not affect any other story as we already had that with Star Trek with the reset button of no consequences.

I would really like a Captain Pike figure, I think I would prefer one from Strange New Worlds tho. I have a feeling its going to be good. An original Pike would be cool too tho. Hoping we get Sisko, Archer, Kirk TWOK, Riker TNG, Data TNG, Quark, Gorn, Seven of Nine, B'elanna, Tuvok next.
If Nanjin wants to put out more than one Pike I think considering how well he was received by most fans, even some of the most critical of DSC amongst us, him in his Discovery uniform could sit well alongside a Strange New World's Pike - I would also go for a Greenwood Pike too (not forgetting the original Hunter) - Greenwood would be a bigger question when it comes to uniform though as he had 3 looks across the 2 movies he was in be it as Captain or Admiral Pike.

I just received Picard. I like the improvements to the packaging; the little plastic corner pieces are a nice touch. The packaging was in pretty good shape save for a few little dents here and there. The inside packaging where the figure is contained is superb, although I wish the plastic on the hands was a little easier to remove. The figure itself is very good overall with fantastic detail and a nice assortment of accessories. My only critiques at this point are that I think the head sculpt portrays a slightly older Picard than we had in First Contact with a nose that looks slightly too wide and eyes that are sunken in a little too much, and the body is a little too large, specifically at the shoulders for an accurate Patrick Stewart. I do like this figure a lot though and Im quite happy to have him on my shelf next to Data.

For me it would be Babylon 5. In particular Londo Mollari & G'Kar
Me too. Fortunately I've got customs of both of them, but really can never have enough G'Kar and Londo. I love Star Trek, but Babylon 5 created better aliens in general. Star Trek has always focused on the humans more than the aliens (except Spock), but Babylon 5 is really the story of Londo & G'Kar, rather than the humans. The thought that went into creating aliens at such different technological capacities, too, and non biped aliens is really commendable in B5. Its too bad WB isn't really that interested in licensing but with potential B5 projects on the horizon, maybe WB will be more open to it.

Last edited:
Back