Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked to sideshow and they said Blitzway assured them it will be released at the end of August.

This is obviously a huge undertaking by them to produce something this intricate at this scale. I'd rather they take longer to release this, and ensure the QC is top notch. This could easily be riddled with a myriad of problems. Imagine the debacle of having to return something of this size for d.o.a. electronics, bad paint application or something broken that is not easily replaced/repaired? I'm as excited for this thing, but I am equally as fearful. However, I'm sticking with it regardless at this point. Like the choice to run the yellow traffic light, full well knowing it's about to turn red... balls deep now...

This item is priced over $1000 and like most of you I have one on order. One of my buddies said to me, "I don't understand. You have ordered the car but you could have had a proton pack for that price?!"

Anyone else have a proton pack? The wait has been that long I've raised enough funds and have ordered a pack too [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I did a thing, a few days ago. I contacted my retailer about a refund. I was sick of not having that money, and also not having the item I paid for with it. so they refunded me minus my deposit, but my pre-order still stands. I can give them back the money when is finally completed. AND I have 30 days to reconsider, so I can see how it turned out, watch reviews etc. not bad.

This item is priced over $1000 and like most of you I have one on order. One of my buddies said to me, "I don't understand. You have ordered the car but you could have had a proton pack for that price?!"

Anyone else have a proton pack? The wait has been that long I've raised enough funds and have ordered a pack too [emoji23]

Is that the Anovos one? Yeah I'd love to get a proton pack someday, but I see plenty of them at cons so for me it just wouldn't seem quite as cool and impressive to have as a 1/6 Ecto-1.

Is that the Anovos one? Yeah I'd love to get a proton pack someday, but I see plenty of them at cons so for me it just wouldn't seem quite as cool and impressive to have as a 1/6 Ecto-1.
No, I don't trust myself enough to be able to finish a kit and the Anovos Spengler one to purchase outright was $3000. I went for Knowonesdesings on ETSY. The video he made with PunishedProps on youtube shows him building it and I thought it looked excellent so pulled the trigger. Should be finished soon. (I hope)

Companies show new stuff at SDCC, not old stuff.

:lol So now stuff yet to be released that they should be marketing to boost sales is "old stuff". Yeah ok.

Also they did show the Vito Corleone statue, which has already been released, so I guess your theory goes out the window regardless.

It is mostly new stuff. You only have so much space at those events so if you don't have to much new product to show toss out some old stuff but if you have a ton of new stuff then it gets priority. That car takes up a lot of space that can be used to show what is coming next. It also seemed like BW got tossed into the SS booth so that means even less space.

Even watching videos from SDCC things that have been shown before that are there get passed up to show the new stuff

I would have loved to seen it there but i can understand why it would not be.

Last edited:
Looks like their assurances don't really count for much, as I just got another email pushing my flex pay back to September.
I can’t believe that. What a bummer. This is a year overdue so I was confident it was coming out “now”.
Edit: the flex pay has been all the way to October for months and months now. So I’m not sure why you got the email. The release date is still August but sideshow lets you pay past the release date.

There's no way this is ready yet. If it was, we would have seen pics of actual production pieces, packaging specs and the like. Next year seems more likely.

Back