Blitzway 1/6 Ghostbusters Afterlife ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is in their sane head when they approved Star Ace as the license holder for the 1/6 scale figures?
..Maybe Star Ace sent them their K.A. Kim Hermione as an example of how they make 1/6 figures..

Licenses can be very specific. This is why you get certain characters and not others at different scales. You might get vehicles you might not. It's more complicated than that 'cause you also have cost come into play. Having the After Life license doesn't necessarily mean you get GB 84 and vice versa. Getting to make figures doesn't mean you get the vehicles.

I can't believe how many of these I've seen with those crooked logos on the door. There are countless GB products over the years that seem to have no problem placing the logos correctly, but this company somehow couldn't get it right on a giant 1/6 Ecto??

I just got mine and it is truly amazing. Great weathering (even though I will add more). It is one monstrous work of art. Fantastic detailing on the gear inside. I was never a huge fan of the original release, but this thing is a real collection highlight and will command a room
Do you have crooked logos in yours?

I just got mine in and luckily no crooked logos, just the arm broke off the gunner seat and the wires needed work for some of the lights. It’s a beautiful piece!
I really want someone to make a 1/6 Ecto 1A. That’s the dream!

I think I'd rather have a crooked logo than wiring problems as I will not have the proper skill to do rewirings or anything like that!
Congrats for the awesome piece, btw!

Also part of the crooked logos club here.
84A07BA2-0051-429C-9D3F-489E4ED592F6.jpeg

In other news, rewired the rack and inside and reconfigured it to power via a single USB cable. Next step would be to power the LED strip as well. (Also, I intentionally unhooked rear light bar motor)

Last edited:
I think I'd rather have a rewiring issue. Yeah the lights might not work, but a crooked logo is always visible.

speaking of rewiring, everything but my main headlights turns on now that I installed 8 AAA batteries. The inner headlights on both sides do not turn on at all and the outers are super dim. anybody know what color combination the wires are?

Where there so many issues with the first release?

Also glad Star Ace have the license because any other company would have devalued my Blitzway full set :lol

speaking of rewiring, everything but my main headlights turns on now that I installed 8 AAA batteries. The inner headlights on both sides do not turn on at all and the outers are super dim. anybody know what color combination the wires are?
So I had this same issue at first where the headlights would be on briefly and then just turn off and the rest lights also dim. Brand new batteries. When I switched out the new batteries all was fine again.

If you want to check if there is any loose wires other than under the hood, you can check at the actual circuit hidden behind the power switch.
C10BECD9-4792-4071-9377-5E927CBE7A34.jpeg

Thanks for that! I will try it out!
Where there so many issues with the first release?

Also glad Star Ace have the license because any other company would have devalued my Blitzway full set :lol
I didn't get the first release, but I know the thread was full of qc drama. You can easily search for it

As someone that always takes the plunge to modifying things, I went ahead and yanked the mp3 cover off. It’s glued on. Inside I was surprised to see an off the shelf $2 mp3 player used. There is a micro USB input that is covered, audio output jacks, and even a spot to solder wire for a battery input. I’m at a lost at why Blitzway didn’t wire this up to the top light circuits. It’s literally right there. They even very poorly just soldered the front speaker wires and not using the actual screw terminals right there. Obviously I’m going to be wiring this up properly and so I can have the top flush 😎
7BE6A83A-DCF8-41F0-8223-8A9A323B476C.jpeg

AC98640B-A128-4B74-A1D7-5BB66208E7F7.jpeg

D8B10FF2-CC13-4BAA-8DAE-9A49AD562D18.jpeg

The USB-A port was meant for a usb flash drive filled with mp3s.

Last edited:
I opened up my Ecto-1 Afterlife and was fortunate enough to find that it is in pretty good shape. The only thing I find frustrating is that they clearly hired a cross-eyed monkey to apply the decals. It got me thinking how they might handle future projects...

Attachments

• Blitzway-crooked.jpg
    Blitzway-crooked.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 0
Back