Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call me crazy, but I may end up getting the Eaglemoss Ecto-1 over this. Smaller scale, sure. But their attention to detail is usually fantastic.

Eaglemoss is delaying that until 2020 now. so it will be a 3 year wait for it to be completed. (taking advantage of GB3 release hype?)

I actually signed up for that build, before I made the decision to get the Blitzway one. If there wasn't so many inaccuracies in the prototype build I might not have changed my mind. I am sure those things will be fixed with mods, but it just adds to the cost.

Ultimately as I have the figures, a 1:6 Ecto 1 is the right choice for me.

in other news....

https://ghostbustersnews.com/2019/0...HbjKyCSpRS6DVAl08pJRQrKFXfNjDPBA2STz9stJiGHw8

Jason Reitman posts a picture of the ECTO 1A GRILLE. Seems he is taking advantage of the oppurtunity to get it restored.

Imagine if in the Ghostbusters universe, they actually sent the run down Ecto 1 to Ray's farmhouse, and then aquired a second car, and made the Ecto 1A? imagine the prospect of there being 2 Ectomobiles in the final showdown in GB3?

Far as I know you had to make a downpayment to pre-order at Time Walker.

You cancel, you lose that down payment.

Timewalker had a $200 NRD for ECTO-1. As a small business, I expect there's more risk of a loss in trying to unload an unwanted ECTO-1 than there is for bigger merchants like Sideshow (which only has a $139 NRD). From Timewalker's website:

PLEASE NOTE- Once the deposit is billed, it will be strictly NON-REFUNDABLE. This a very large and expensive special order item. Once the deposit is paid, you must be committed to seeing your order through to conclusion. If you do not opt for the payment plan, the balance of your order will be billed on imminent arrival. Please budget for this item and be ready.

I would have ordered from Timewalker because I had already bought the Ghostbusters set there and Steven was great at keeping customers apprised of progress on that set and even included a $40 coupon due to distribution delays. However, ultimately, I went with Sideshow for ECTO-1 to spread out the "painments" more and to use some reward points.

I would have ordered from Timewalker because I had already bought the Ghostbusters set there and Steven was great at keeping customers apprised of progress on that set and even included a $40 coupon due to distribution delays. However, ultimately, I went with Sideshow for ECTO-1 to spread out the "painments" more and to use some reward points.

I'm pretty sure Timewalker will work out a payment plan with you, if you ask, especially on big-ticket items like this. They let me split the Ghostbusters 4-pack payment into two payments.

I wouldn't give Sideshow any of my business, simply because they are a bad business. Any 'bonus' you get in reward points, is offset by their exorbitant shipping cost. Any continues business with them only strengthens their stranglehold on this hobby. And at least in this case, it is Bluefin that is distributing the ECTO so you won't have to support Sideshow.

I'm pretty sure Timewalker will work out a payment plan with you, if you ask, especially on big-ticket items like this. They let me split the Ghostbusters 4-pack payment into two payments.

I wouldn't give Sideshow any of my business, simply because they are a bad business. Any 'bonus' you get in reward points, is offset by their exorbitant shipping cost. Any continues business with them only strengthens their stranglehold on this hobby. And at least in this case, it is Bluefin that is distributing the ECTO so you won't have to support Sideshow.

Yeah as helpful as their payment plans have been, I'm not looking forward to seeing what shipping will be for this monster. And I live in the same state as them; I imagine it'll be a lot worse for people on the other side of the country.

I didn't mean to advocate for Sideshow. Lest we forget, Sideshow created chaos by cutting off affiliates who supported unlicensed customs (perhaps understandable for business reasons, but nonetheless displeasing to many).

I usually only buy from Sideshow for big ticket items to get payment plans and also to get exclusives editions. Consequently, I happened to have reward points, which is why I used them for ECTO-1. I prefer Timewalker Toys and Alter Ego Comics to be honest. However, I collect a lot of Hot Toys and it's hard to get away from Sideshow as the North American distributor, even when buying from smaller merchants.

And, yes, I fully expect Sideshow's shipping to be exorbitant. However, even Timewalker was estimating $160-200 for shipping. No getting around that it'll be a big box.

I have found that Sideshow tends to rip you off way more shipping the smaller boxes than they do the larger ones.

Okay good, as long as we're all in agreement that Sideshow sucks ... my work here is done.

i paid $150 from sideshow to ship the gauntlet last month and the delorean in 2016 was $23 lol

I have alway had good rates with SSC for shipping. Most my figures are in the $12 range including things like DC Iron Man. Hulkbuster was the biggest thing i got from them lately and it was $25.

I am expecting to pay a lot in shipping for this as the 89 Batmobile box was huge and this will be much bigger.

Well, after a year and a half mulling this over, I just decided to pull the trigger on it. I mainly do horror, so I wanted to sit on my Ghostbusters 4 pack and see if I still love them down the road, and I still do. I'm excited for this. Not sure where I am going to put it, but I'll figure something out. lol

Anyone see Dan's reaction to seeing the Eaglemoss prototype? Seems like he wanted one but did'nt fancy building one. Don't suppose he knows about the Blitzway one then. Wonder if he has seen the Blitzway figures?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uES...g30klomDxJRcPRFMqJVJeUqxHoCDAYXjhsLwrt6U9oQoc

They'll usually offer a couple pre built. You can buy the Aston Martin now for like 2 grand from them.

I like how they say it's easy just because it's screws and not glue. I'm building the Delorean and some of that assembly is far from easy.

yup, been watching a few delorean assembly videos and I will be watching youtubers build the Ecto 1. There are definitely frustrating parts of the assembly and these people are more skilful than me at anything that could be called DIY..

that prototype bugged the hell out of me, there is about a million things wrong with it.

Thought I'd show off this Hot Wheels Elite Ecto 1A I have modded.

added hood decal, roof rack decals (about 20)

new, accurate scale license plates

repainted roof rack dome yellow with black stripes

New announcement boards

orange beacon on grille made from scratch

Also just for the fun of it I made a 1:6 scale Ecto 1 License plate, just to show how big the Blitzway Ecto 1 is going to be. wow.

Back