Blitzway 1/6 Ghostbusters Afterlife ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure hope it arrives this month.
1688574852276.jpeg

So it looks like this is landing at BBTS. Does anyone know how many of these were produced? Since Blitzway couldn't see itself clear to produce figures to go with this, maybe someone else will realize there's a ready made customer base out there.

Mine is also coming Monday and I live just a few hours away from their warehouse. Originally said delivery Saturday too and suddenly changed to Monday. Fingers crossed for no defects!

Like Marty once said, “This is heavy”, I echo that statement. This was so hard to get up the stairs alone. I can’t believe 30 of those 73 pounds are just from packaging. Be careful! (1:18 for scale)
B0039346-BF00-456D-9614-376CFA6CECB5.jpeg

Just got mine from BBTS and all is good. Is anyone else interested in getting some custom Afterlife head sculpts? I was thinking of Peter, Ray, Winston, and Phoebe. My hope is to use them with the Present toys bodies if they are good enough. I know nothing about custom submissions but wanted to put out some feelers.

Just got mine from BBTS and all is good. Is anyone else interested in getting some custom Afterlife head sculpts? I was thinking of Peter, Ray, Winston, and Phoebe. My hope is to use them with the Present toys bodies if they are good enough. I know nothing about custom submissions but wanted to put out some feelers.
Phoebe would be a must. That gunner seat just feels so empty without the actual person utilizing it. Fingers crossed there’s a chance someone makes her.

Phoebe would be a must. That gunner seat just feels so empty without the actual person utilizing it. Fingers crossed there’s a chance someone makes her.

Agreed. I can't believe Blitzway is leaving money on the table by not making figures.

Like Marty once said, “This is heavy”, I echo that statement. This was so hard to get up the stairs alone. I can’t believe 30 of those 73 pounds are just from packaging. Be careful! (1:18 for scale)
View attachment 650242
Maybe I am just getting old but it feels heavier than the original one. Got to hand it to Blitzway that they know how to pack it good and safe.

Agreed. I can't believe Blitzway is leaving money on the table by not making figures.
Yep, Old Venkman, Stantz, Zeddemore, Ghost Egon, Phoebe, Trevor, Podcast and Lucky, Gozer the Gozerian (I prefer the original but would take either), Terror Dogs, Dana Barrett.
That said, I think the better bet will be from an unlicensed company like Toys Era, Mars or SooSoo.

So I finally opened it up and I’m pretty disappointed with the quality control.
- Door magnet fell off.
- Front windshield misaligned. Tried to bend it back in place but it wouldn’t budge so didn’t want to risk damaging it.
- Hood trim glued incorrectly as well. The battery door is also all loose and just falls off.
- Both driver and passenger logos are crooked. Passenger side one even has a pimple (air bubble).
- The red vinyl trim in the back is also done pretty sloppy.

From a distance it does look super amazing though
ECD30257-FD7F-4399-86FC-62DCDDA8FF0F.jpeg

3822772D-D378-493C-AE56-FA7D5CC57895.jpeg

D0247B4C-529B-4135-A9E1-BE351DEAF621.jpeg

Last edited:
After seeing their video, my issues have become rather “minor”. They have a loose gunner seat and even more crooked logos.

For the price you shouldn't have those issues. The stickers are by far the thing that would have driven me nuts. It can be fixed, but would require a lot more skill. The gunner seat you can see it's the pins inside the car. I can see some small swivel screws fixing the issue. Even with the issues both are amazing pieces. The Afterlife version definitely needs a lot more weathering, but that sounds like fun. I wish I would have jumped on the 84 version. Shoot, I wanted the Batmobile, Delorean, etc. Realistically, I don't have the space for even one of them, so decisions were made I will live with.

Be careful handling this piece. The weathering on it isn't sealed, so it doesn't take much friction to remove it from the surface.

I had so many issues with mine. Mostly electrical but I figured it all out and fixed it. Unfortunately for the crooked stickers I have to live with. I am not skilled enough to fix it and I am not packing this gigantic thing up to send to anybody so it is what it is. It’s a beautiful piece though. I do love it.

Similarly, I can’t quite fix the crooked stickers so I’ll also need to live with it.

In other news, since BW didn’t give us interior lights, I lit it up myself. I think it looks pretty good. Maybe even better with a warmer white.
4B602AA0-FE89-4151-8B95-FC8E18D54DA8.jpeg

So it looks like this is landing at BBTS. Does anyone know how many of these were produced? Since Blitzway couldn't see itself clear to produce figures to go with this, maybe someone else will realize there's a ready made customer base out there.

Currently watching BigBreda's live show, and the question came up whether Blitzway was going to re-release the figures.

He said they couldn't because they lost the license, which has since been picked up by Star Ace. 🤮

2:00:50:

Last edited:
Weird. You'd think if they lost the license they wouldn't have been able to even release the AL Ecto. Star Ace? No thanks. I'll take my chance with Present Toys and get some custom sculpts.

Back