Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep coming back to the ecto 1 and really want to buy it but just don't have a spot for it. Such a hard decision. It would look awesome with my blitzway figures next to my 1:1 proton pack replica.

I keep coming back to the ecto 1 and really want to buy it but just don't have a spot for it. Such a hard decision. It would look awesome with my blitzway figures next to my 1:1 proton pack replica.

I have no space for this either (storage or display), but I'll figure something out. It's pricey and huge, but Ghostbusters is one of my favorite movies. I already have the figures and what are the chances something like this will be made again? I figured if I wanted it at all, then it was best to get it now to avoid future regret. That and it probably won't be any cheaper than it is now.

I may regret having this big thing stuck in my possession sometime in the future and who could I unload it on if I don't want it anymore, but I think I'd regret not owning it more.

Yup, same here. I have no idea yet where or how I'll display it, but I just know I'll look back in 5 years and regret not picking one up when I had the chance, the same way I regretted not getting the DeLorean and Batmobile when they were first released.

There is zero chance this gets made again. If you love this movie and have a wall you can build a shelf on, I’d say go for it.

Get it, even if it has to stay in it's box for a bit. Eventually, you'll find a space for it. Live life with no regrets.

This thing looks freakin' phenomenal, but Ghostbusters isn't a very resonant property for me, beyond a slight hit of nostalgia.

But for the true fans here -- in terms of fence-sitting -- better to have it now and figure it out later. Prices will surge, and any loss you *may* incur having to unload it if it comes down to it (and that's not guaranteed) will be less than the beating you would take in the aftermarket.

I have the '89 Batmobile and its taken some time to work out display options, but I can't say I regret it -- even when it sat in a closet for a while before I found a cabinet and space to display it. Yes, it's a big and impractical piece.

Worst case scenario, maybe someday I do sell it (probably not). But I won't regret owning it and I sure love having it now -- it's really special. In the same way, the Ecto-1 looks worth it to me.

If you're a big Ghostbusters fan, lock it in now, ask questions later.

I think Blitzway may have overcharged because they have never made something like this and wanted extra cushion in case problems arose during production. This Ecto is a pretty complex toy with lots of different parts and electronics. I recently jumped head first into building the Deagostini 1:2 kit R2 D2 and it's given me a new appreciation for this type of thing. I still hope I am able to quickly buy an Ecto One if it turns out well in production.

Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 11.14.25 AM.jpg

If someone is looking for one that is a bigger, cheaper and can be parked in the front yard

No show at SDCC. Not the best sign in the world. Would really like to have seen a complete or near complete production model.

No show at SDCC. Not the best sign in the world. Would really like to have seen a complete or near complete production model.
A company actually did have an Ecto-1[or Ecto-1A on display at SDCC, if you type in Chronicle Collectables in the search bar, click on the link for the NCC-1701-D USS Enterprise, and you'll see a picture of the Enterprise with the light up base, with Ecto-1[or Ecto-1A] in the background....:)

A company actually did have an Ecto-1[or Ecto-1A on display at SDCC, if you type in Chronicle Collectables in the search bar, click on the link for the NCC-1701-D USS Enterprise, and you'll see a picture of the Enterprise with the light up base, with Ecto-1[or Ecto-1A] in the background....:)

67415644_2317589061834259_6078587508025720832_o.jpg

This is the one you are talking about

I think this is a lonnnggg way off- seems the no show indicates don't expect it in the next twelve months?

No show because its sold out, better showing off your new product.
I'm predicting Christmas time now, look at it this way, a nice Christmas present for us this year!

No show because its sold out, better showing off your new product.
I'm predicting Christmas time now, look at it this way, a nice Christmas present for us this year!

Not sold out, I could buy two right this second from SSC.

Back