**BEWARE SPOILERS** Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, at least now Strange has his emblem so I'll grab a figure (with my luck in DS 3 he'll get the gloves and I'll end up having to get that too). I could deal with Chavez if she was around Kate Bishop's age, but a little brat is just going to be annoying. Last I checked this was a Doctor Strange film so what is all this? *********, we want from isolated trilogies to low tier crossover ********. I hate this trend. Wanda's new costume looks like bollocks too. The sleeves do not fit at all, and they keep making her hair lighter to the point where she went past redhead and is now firmly in blonde territory. Wtf? As for Namor, considering that they're turning Atlantis into a Mayan/Aztec/MesoAmerican/Whatever Civilization for some reason, and they cast this middled aged guy:

tenoch-huerta_ny6r.1280.jpg

I just don't care anymore. I could've dealt with Hapa Namor but the role should've gone to someone like Ian Somerhalder or something. How they saw "literal demigod with Hermes' wings and newphew of Poseidon with the body of a Greek Statue" and thought "lmao get me a random middled aged pudgy man from Mexico" is beyond me... This is what I wanted:

a99fdcc3d99563d2abd33dd5ab508ac0.jpg

I've always loved the Kings in the comics so Black Panther & Namor were amongst my most anticipated characters for the MCU. But nope, I can't have nice things. T'Challa got nerfed to give Shuri something to do, and now he's completely out of the MCU. Which means no actual Illuminati with him & Stark dead. Namor and Atlantis are now Native Americans, and I guess Plato (played by Morgan Freeman) just hopped on a passing by multiracial Viking Asgardian ship to go visit them. Kang's played by a goofy clown doing his best drunk Denzel impression. Strange is saying things like "Scooby-Doo this crap" and acts like a quipster. At this point I'm half expecting Reed to be a transwoman of colour actually in a relationship with Johnny who makes comments about licking her neovagina, and Doom to be a 5'6" AfroLatinAsian-American who took over a Balkan country populated by illiterate wagon-carriers and elevated them to 2nd world status to spite their racism. Dracula will be played by Weasly Snipes and 15th century Wallachia will look like modern day LA.

I never expected masterpieces, but I wanted some good dollies and now I can't even have that. With the way prices are going I'm spending 300 euros on the average figure after taxes and everything. I'm not spending that on some no-name guy playing a version of a character that is a 180 from what I grew up reading.
Racial Representation > Accurate comic representation. Two white guys in Black Panther were clearly too many.

I'll give a pass on Strange as he did bring up Beyonce in DS1 and the Spidey films are a little too dumb-witted. Still, he wants the kids to solve the mystery/catch the bad guy.

Anything you want to happen could be done, but Marvel moves on from things quickly. They barely dealt with Shield or Avengers complex much.

Momoa would have made a better Namor than Aquaman (in the traditional sense)
Better than what we're getting? Sure. Better in general? Eh, dunno. Namor's an arrogant dick full of himself but he also has grace and class. I can't see Momoa pulling that off either. Arthur Curry is a relatively more normal guy so them turning him into Aquabro was less of a departure. Namor has always been an Aristocrat and that's entirely different.

I'll tell you this though. I am debating buying a blue Aquamomoa from AM2 if HT makes it, and pretending that's MCU Namor for my Illuminati display. I just can't swallow an Atlantis with clear MesoAmerican aesthetics. It's too divorced for me to get it. I'd have been fine with a Proto-Med look like in Disney's Atlantis & Nadia if they didn't want to do a GrecoRoman one, but Mayan Atlantis is just too out there. It's not that I don't find them interesting, but it's overimposing a totally separate thing on top of another. I'd have thought the same about a Chinese or Indian Atlantis.

My man!
Prepare to die!!
Oh right, Cat man!!

Does Hawaiian native dance and stick his tongue out
Yeah, that too. Momoa's a limited actor. My mum really hates him. I find him okay, no real hard feelings one way or another. To this day I haven't been able to fully sit through Aquaman. It's like an overlong toy commercial with nauseating lights. And I don't like Amber Heard either.

Racial Representation > Accurate comic representation. Two white guys in Black Panther were clearly too many.
It seems every demographic gets to have their racially homogenous fantasy land, which is fine and all, except anything Euro-related. It's just hypocritical. Couldn't they come up with some OCs for Fantasy MesoAmerica? Why drag Atlantis into it at all? What connection could it possibly have with the continent? It's perplexing.

I'll give a pass on Strange as he did bring up Beyonce in DS1 and the Spidey films are a little too dumb-witted. Still, he wants the kids to solve the mystery/catch the bad guy.

Anything you want to happen could be done, but Marvel moves on from things quickly. They barely dealt with Shield or Avengers complex much.
Yeah, I know. Still, I'm more dissapointed each time.

Neovagina. I am disturbingly intrigued.
I'd say "google it", but don't. It's not worth it. It's what it's medically called after the procedure, but...

Momoa would have made a better Namor than Aquaman (in the traditional sense)

My man!
Prepare to die!!
Oh right, Cat man!!

Does Hawaiian native dance and stick his tongue out
I seen him on Stargate Atlantis, one of his earliest acting gigs. He was as terrible an actor then as he is now. Him, Bautista and Bernthal all act the same way in every movie they are in.

Last edited:
Better than what we're getting? Sure. Better in general? Eh, dunno. Namor's an arrogant dick full of himself but he also has grace and class. I can't see Momoa pulling that off either. Arthur Curry is a relatively more normal guy so them turning him into Aquabro was less of a departure. Namor has always been an Aristocrat and that's entirely different.
I'll tell you this though. I am debating buying a blue Aquamomoa from AM2 if HT makes it, and pretending that's MCU Namor for my Illuminati display. I just can't swallow an Atlantis with clear MesoAmerican aesthetics. It's too divorced for me to get it. I'd have been fine with a Proto-Med look like in Disney's Atlantis & Nadia if they didn't want to do a GrecoRoman one, but Mayan Atlantis is just too out there. It's not that I don't find them interesting, but it's overimposing a totally separate thing on top of another. I'd have thought the same about a Chinese or Indian Atlantis.
Don't force it. Too expensive. At this point might as well see what they do with Namor first.
Yeah, that too. Momoa's a limited actor. My mum really hates him. I find him okay, no real hard feelings one way or another. To this day I haven't been able to fully sit through Aquaman. It's like an overlong toy commercial with nauseating lights. And I don't like Amber Heard either.

It seems every demographic gets to have their racially homogenous fantasy land, which is fine and all, except anything Euro-related. It's just hypocritical. Couldn't they come up with some OCs for Fantasy MesoAmerica? Why drag Atlantis into it at all? What connection could it possibly have with the continent? It's perplexing.
Remember the location was teased in IM2 and it is actually between Africa and South America.

zlpricwh5hb21.jpg

I'd say "google it", but don't. It's not worth it. It's what it's medically called after the procedure, but...
I did after I posted. I immediately regretted and edited my post. But you had to reply quickly...

Don't force it. Too expensive. At this point might as well see what they do with Namor first.

Remember the location was teased in IM2 and it is actually between Africa and South America.

zlpricwh5hb21.jpg

I did after I posted. I immediately regretted and edited my post. But you had to reply quickly...
...Huh, good call, I didn't even remember that. Eh, we'll see, I guess. But all of my favourites are getting progressively more and more screwed. It'll be funny if I end up with a collection full of 300-euro dollies of my Tier-Bs & Tier-Cs while my Tier-As are absent...

...Huh, good call, I didn't even remember that. Eh, we'll see, I guess. But all of my favourites are getting progressively more and more screwed. It'll be funny if I end up with a collection full of 300-euro dollies of my Tier-Bs & Tier-Cs while my Tier-As are absent...
Still holding out hope that F4 and Doom are casted like they are supposed to be. My interest comes and goes with the current state of affairs of Marvel.

Hey so Jon watts directing the new fantastic 4 movie? When are they supposed to show up between now and that movie? This movie or what?

This is the point where Disney lost me trying to connect all the dots in between Disney + shows and spin offs of the spin offs. I only stick with Film

Man, are you really triggered because an Atlantean (a thing that doesn't exist) is being played by a Mexican actor(a really good one)?
And Namor was closer to be an asian dude than an eurocentric one, just look at his several appearances during the years, Namor is Half-human and half-Atlantean but he never was an eurocentric dude.
Sub_Mariner_Le_Prince_Namor.jpg
Namor-capa.jpg
NAMOR.jpg
legiao_sWJ1VR0A9DpHL6nbKSfXPYQIaxCkqijOc2yBmtl4oM.jpg.jpeg
Captura-de-Tela-396.png

Hey so Jon watts directing the new fantastic 4 movie? When are they supposed to show up between now and that movie? This movie or what?

This is the point where Disney lost me trying to connect all the dots in between Disney + shows and spin offs of the spin offs. I only stick with Film
Yep Jon Watts. F4 shows up at what is looking like 2024 now. Still TBD. There is so many angles and threads now that it really is overwhelming to keep track of. Marvel was always best on film, but the people consume.

Well, at least now Strange has his emblem so I'll grab a figure (with my luck in DS 3 he'll get the gloves and I'll end up having to get that too). I could deal with Chavez if she was around Kate Bishop's age, but a little brat is just going to be annoying. Last I checked this was a Doctor Strange film so what is all this? *********, we want from isolated trilogies to low tier crossover ********. I hate this trend. Wanda's new costume looks like bollocks too. The sleeves do not fit at all, and they keep making her hair lighter to the point where she went past redhead and is now firmly in blonde territory. Wtf? As for Namor, considering that they're turning Atlantis into a Mayan/Aztec/MesoAmerican/Whatever Civilization for some reason, and they cast this middled aged guy:

tenoch-huerta_ny6r.1280.jpg

I just don't care anymore. I could've dealt with Hapa Namor but the role should've gone to someone like Ian Somerhalder or something. How they saw "literal demigod with Hermes' wings and newphew of Poseidon with the body of a Greek Statue" and thought "lmao get me a random middled aged pudgy man from Mexico" is beyond me... This is what I wanted:

a99fdcc3d99563d2abd33dd5ab508ac0.jpg

I've always loved the Kings in the comics so Black Panther & Namor were amongst my most anticipated characters for the MCU. But nope, I can't have nice things. T'Challa got nerfed to give Shuri something to do, and now he's completely out of the MCU. Which means no actual Illuminati with him & Stark dead. Namor and Atlantis are now Native Americans, and I guess Plato (played by Morgan Freeman) just hopped on a passing by multiracial Viking Asgardian ship to go visit them. Kang's played by a goofy clown doing his best drunk Denzel impression. Strange is saying things like "Scooby-Doo this crap" and acts like a quipster. At this point I'm half expecting Reed to be a transwoman of colour actually in a relationship with Johnny who makes comments about licking her neovagina, and Doom to be a 5'6" AfroLatinAsian-American who took over a Balkan country populated by illiterate wagon-carriers and elevated them to 2nd world status to spite their racism. Dracula will be played by Weasly Snipes and 15th century Wallachia will look like modern day LA.

I never expected masterpieces, but I wanted some good dollies and now I can't even have that. With the way prices are going I'm spending 300 euros on the average figure after taxes and everything. I'm not spending that on some no-name guy playing a version of a character that is a 180 from what I grew up reading.
Is that Luke Evans as Namor? Physique-wise he'd be a good fit, but IMO he doesn't look quite right. Still, better than a short, obscure Mexican actor. A young Antonio Bandaras might have worked, but not the guy (Tenoch Huerta) who is rumored to be playing him. I'm still hoping he's playing someone other than Namor in BP2.

I thought Daniel Henney was the best fit of those actors discussed for the role. Plus he's 6'2", so not a runt.

Screenshot 2021-12-02 at 19-49-37 Imperius Rex.png

But i love the new Doctor Strange suit, it looks alot like the one he used in Ragnarok

Still holding out hope that F4 and Doom are casted like they are supposed to be. My interest comes and goes with the current state of affairs of Marvel.
I wouldn’t hold my breath, but for what it’s worth the latest rumours were:
  • One of the guys from Sunny (the lean one, not the fat guy who got ripped or Charlie Day, the other one) for Reed.
  • Kristen Bell for Sue.
  • Some guy for Johnny.
  • Seth Rogen for Ben.
  • Fassbender for Doom.

There’s a rumor that they’ll appear in Quantumania.

Man, are you really triggered because an Atlantean (a thing that doesn't exist) is being played by a Mexican actor(a really good one)?
And Namor was closer to be an asian dude than an eurocentric one, just look at his several appearances during the years, Namor is Half-human and half-Atlantean but he never was an eurocentric dude.
Sub_Mariner_Le_Prince_Namor.jpg
Namor-capa.jpg
NAMOR.jpg
legiao_sWJ1VR0A9DpHL6nbKSfXPYQIaxCkqijOc2yBmtl4oM.jpg.jpeg
Captura-de-Tela-396.png
This is Terry McGinnis all over again. He has Hunter eyes and weird eyebrows.

Eyg_ZErWUAIHFjG.jpg

I don’t remember Asian people having bright blue eyes and the name “McKenzie”. Original Namor was drawn otherworldly and alien and as his series went on created a wholly classical GrecoRoman Atlantis. The man literally has Hermes’ Wings, is the nephew of Poseidon and has ears like an Elf while Marvel Atlantis looked like this:

clean.jpg

As a character he is wholly rooted in European Myth.

It’s not about the actor’s nationality itself, I see it as a needless change to take a concept taken from Greek Myth/History and turn it into something completely different for no reason at all. Shang-Chi and Asian(-Americans) get to have their Fantasy Nation-State. African(-Americans) get to have theirs with Wakanda. Meanwhile Asgard looks like modern LA, the Amazons are a multiracial society because apparently when, according to the movie’s lore, the Greek Gods created them (I’m not touching comic book WW lore) they went searching for phenotypes all across the world, and now Atlantis is being turned MesoAmerican. Everything that has to do with European and Mediterranean Myths gets twisted and portrayed inaccurately and I’m just not a fan of that. Namor’s a character I’ve liked since I was a kid and I’m passionate about it. If they wanted a less conventional take they could’ve gone the Nadia/Lost Empire route and made them a Proto-Med Civ located in it’s likely place, near Portugal. But nope, they can’t do that. What’s worse is that the guy they got, regardless of how good of an actor he is, doesn’t have a regal face. He’s just a pudgy middle aged guy you’d find on the street. How does that translate to an arrogant Prince with the body of a god?

I don’t see how any of this is “being triggered”. The more anything veers off its original concept the more I’ll be annoyed, it’s as simple as that. Especially if it’s something I care about.

Is that Luke Evans as Namor? Physique-wise he'd be a good fit, but IMO he doesn't look quite right. Still, better than a short, obscure Mexican actor. A young Antonio Bandaras might have worked, but not the guy (Tenoch Huerta) who is rumored to be playing him. I'm still hoping he's playing someone other than Namor in BP2.

I thought Daniel Henney was the best fit of those actors discussed for the role. Plus he's 6'2", so not a runt.

View attachment 548744
Yeah, it’s Luke Evans. His face is different, less strange, more conventional handsome, but he’s got the Royal Snob look and acting chops.

I don’t see what Banderas has to do with it. He’s an old man now and he’s Spanish/European. Tenoch Muerta is about 90% Native American it looks like. And that’s the people they were looking for in the rumoured casting, not just “Latinos” but people as close to a pure Native American look as it gets. Just like in Gibson’s Apocalypto. You’d think that in thousands of years evolution would steadily lighten then people living in the absolute bottom of the ocean, but what do I know?

I don’t know the guy you posted, but like I said, I’d have preferred a tall Hapa (you can’t make him full Asian considering his mother is Atlantean, so you can only racebend his dad) Namor and a GrecoRoman Atlantis. This guy at least has the look.

Dude now that you mentioned, Terry is Asian-American.
Like he would be like this dude in real life:

ross-butler.jpg

Man, everyone is tall(and can a have a royal snob look in movies), Robert Downey Jr. stands at the same height as the tallest cast members like Thor or Cap.
But i kinda get your complaint, but if you really love Namor, you should give Tenoch Huerta a real chance, look how a fat humorist like Pratt became a good Starlord.

Last edited:
Looking at the guy's instagram, looks like he got into shape. Would never have imagined they cast a Mexican guy as Namor. That's like a Fox move lol.

I don't see how you guys can see what Strange's look is from that box art. Looks the same to me.

Dude now that you mentioned, Terry is Asian-American.
Like he would be like this dude in real life:

ross-butler.jpg
...How?

His mum's a redhead:
tumblr_inline_n37yf0ECDE1rw8zen.jpg

His dad's an average white guy:
1612708-06.jpg

And then with the retcon his biodad was revealed as Bruce Wayne. Terry literally has blue eyes.
1O7ZkzKgTU9h0fV4V0kYDUv1_TG6jkX6CODdyVq6zx8.png

It's just the art style. Terry's supposed to have hunter eyes, just like Ian Somerhalder.
f40401c24259a322f6ef1990fe47feb1.jpg

Man, everyone is tall(and can a have a royal snob look in movies), Robert Downey Jr. stands at the same height as the tallest cast members like Thor or Cap.
They can use as many apple boxes as they want, but the difference is always obvious. Height isn't just the centimetres, it's evident in someone's proportions and general frame as well. RDJ being raised on apple boxes to stand next to Cumberbatch (who's not even that tall around 6'0") already looked weird:

doctor-strange-infinity-war-tony-stark-Favim.com-6325762.gif

But i kinda get your complaint, but if you really love Namor, you should give Tenoch Huerta a real chance, look how a fat humorist like Pratt became a good Starlord.
I love the general character of Namor. With his lore and aesthetics. If you change a fundemental aspect of that, then it stops being the same character. And Pratt's a poor example. He's likeable, but his Star-Dude is not the Star-Lord from the comics in any shape or form. Moreover Star-Lord's ethnicity played no role, whereas here by swapping Atlantis around they are changing the entire history and real world "lore" around it. It's different.

I'll keep an open mind, but I'm not excited. Give me what I read. That's all I care about.

Looking at the guy's instagram, looks like he got into shape. Would never have imagined they cast a Mexican guy as Namor. That's like a Fox move lol.

I don't see how you guys can see what Strange's look is from that box art. Looks the same to me.
Look at the spoiler pic. The new look's got Strange's triptych thingy.

Namor is an anagram for Ramon. 🤭
It's Roman written backwards.

When did Namor become such a Twilight twink?
Top pic's from his Civil War mini. Bottom's from Checchetto's issues on Avengers World.

avengersworld2014-020lbayo.jpg

When darthkostis stopped buying his comics :lol
It's not my fault they stopped making them... I followed him on Gillen's X-Men, then Hickman's Illuminati stuff. I can't really complain, until 2015 or so things were rather good.

Last edited:
Back