Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

The new MoS suit is fine the way it is. I really like it!

Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

It'll be an epic fail. But not because of Beiber's little joke.

It will be a fail because there is no possible way that a considerable amount of the Superman fanbase can ever be pleased. If he punches people Omg!!!!! Too violent! If he does not punch people then that's boring. He is held to the highest possible standard in a way that no other hero can match. He simply cannot be too perfect... yet no two fans can agree on what that perfection should consist of.

Its a recipe for failure all right. Then we have people complaining about BatFleck and honestly the production team should just shut the whole thing down now before they spend hundreds of millions of dollars trying to please the unpleaseable.

People want Reeves back and they want it to be 1978 again. They think if only they complain hard enough that this will magically happen. Its not going to happen any more than a guy flying around the earth really fast is going to turn back time.

Truth!

I'm not looking for a groundbreaking Batman or Superman experience. We already got that with Reeves and Nolan/Bale. I think if they just concentrate on making a good movie, with good acting, a captivating plot, and someone with the direction to put it all together then people will be satisfied. But I dunno if Zack will be that person, I'm scared he'll just direct 50% of the movie then ask Weta to finish the second 50%.

And you right, not everyone can be pleased. And its not fair to discount those people either, because those are usually the most devoted of fans. Levar Burton said he hated both of the new star trek movies, and his opinion deserves to be heard.

There just milking batman and superman. If you all can accept that, then the only thing you should hope for is that they don't fall flat on their asses embarrassing themselves with a bad movie. To the batman fans, I feel you pain for Batfleck, but it was a good move. He has the acting chops and directing experience, so he will most likely deliver a good performance.

And like nam said, would be more In-Line with the Nu 52 look.

new_52_superman__the_movie_by_chris_v981-d4yblwf.jpeg
Damn you, Jim Lee. :cuss

Is Reeve wearing a giant red wrist watch around his waist, in that shopped pic there? :lol

I'm ok with the no undies look on the Cavill suit, but the 'glitter' bizzo needs to be rethought. The 'smothered in soot' dark tones are meh too.

I do however - as someone earlier mentioned, really dig the old school 'S' chest emblem - that's a nice design. :)

New 52 costume is so much fail. High collar looks military, more Justice Lords than regular Supes. Belt looks girly. Seams everywhere are stupid. Supes has red short. He just does, deal with it.

It's difficult to believe I used to like Jim Lee.

Very good artist. . .just don't ask him to design any uniforms for you unless you're a big fan of leather jackets, leg belts, pouches-o-plenty, and lines. Lots and lots of lines.

Very good artist. . .just don't ask him to design any uniforms for you unless you're a big fan of leather jackets, leg belts, pouches-o-plenty, and lines. Lots and lots of lines.

That's a bit unfair; the only leather jacket outfit he designed in the past decade was Wonder Woman's, and none of his new 52 designs have pouches or leg belts (though, Wondy has a garter, if that counts).:lol Seriously, though, I'm actually in the camp that really likes the New 52 designs, and I'm not a huge Lee fan, either.

That being said, I don't see any reason for Supes to get a suit change in these new films; therefore, I don't think it should happen.

Man I've never come around to like the new 52 costumes, too much paneling, I hate the collar, it only works when he's either evil Supes or president Supes.

I think the only thing I like about the new suit, is the cape.

superman-style-sheet-new-52-cully-hamner.jpg

Not so much lately, with the new costumes people have been criticising him heavily, I don't even know why they haven't redesigned them already under so much hate.

That's a bit unfair; the only leather jacket outfit he designed in the past decade was Wonder Woman's, and none of his new 52 designs have pouches or leg belts (though, Wondy has a garter, if that counts).:lol Seriously, though, I'm actually in the camp that really likes the New 52 designs, and I'm not a huge Lee fan, either.
The sins of the past should not be forgotten.

Jim Lee has always been highly overrated.
He was a pretty revolutionary artist back in the late-'80s. Maybe he wasn't the best (he wasn't my favorite), but he had a very distinctive, and very good style IMO. And when you compare him with other late 80s/early 90s artists who gained popularity (particularly McFarlane, Liefeld, and Larson) he really was great.

Damn you, Jim Lee. :cuss

Is Reeve wearing a giant red wrist watch around his waist, in that shopped pic there? :lol

I'm ok with the no undies look on the Cavill suit, but the 'glitter' bizzo needs to be rethought. The 'smothered in soot' dark tones are meh too.

I do however - as someone earlier mentioned, really dig the old school 'S' chest emblem - that's a nice design. :)

Glad I'm not the only one who sees the watch-belt.

2653109-can.png

That being said, I don't see any reason for Supes to get a suit change in these new films; therefore, I don't think it should happen.

Same with the costume from the Amazing Spalding Man, yet it got taken back to its roots as well.

I think we will see another superman suit in teh next film.

and for the love of gog... No armored batman.

Supes probably will not change suit in new film- Bats will have 2 or 3- including a superheavyweight armored suit for hand to hand combat with Clark

Dis^^^ :exactly:

Unless he's really going to fight Supes, then he needs his exosuit, but his regular costume should be more classic looking.

I want his New 52 costume, at least. Probably my favorite of the new suits; along with The Flash.

I want his New 52 costume, at least. Probably my favorite of the new suits; along with The Flash.

I think, the only new 52 costume I like is Batman's, the paneling works on him since he's supposed to have a little armor underneath his suit, so I wouldn't mind, plus the cowl is really cool.

I think, the only new 52 costume I like is Batman's, the paneling works on him since he's supposed to have a little armor underneath his suit, so I wouldn't mind, plus the cowl is really cool.

Yeah, that's what I like, as well. However, I also love The Flash's suit, as it almost seems like a sort of "containment suit" with the lines filling up with light (representing the speed force in action) when he's running.

and for the love of gog... No armored batman.

A hard, rubberized, armored-ish suit; everyone knows that's exactly what we're getting. :lol

Ideally, Kevlar or whatever... like the Arkham suits... but I doubt it.

Back