Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

To be honest, the movies I've seen with the Rock, it's rarely Dwayne Johnson that's the problem . . .

I mean, wrestling requires an "act" and showmanship, I don't think the guy is a brain dead hulk that isn't capable of lighting up the screen like some of these other schmuck "actors" who just got lucky.

I think the Arnold analogy is appropriate. He has charisma, and he is convincing in action movie roles. Pair him with a good writer and director and he would be totally fine.

There's a reason the Rock is one of the highest paid actors in the world. He puts butts in seats, I'm sure no one going to see this movie is worried if he has Broadway acting credentials. Maybe in 40 years Tom Hardy's skill will get him a Dwayne Johnson paycheck. :lol

There's a reason the Rock is one of the highest paid actors in the world. He puts butts in seats, I'm sure no one going to see this movie is worried if he has Broadway acting credentials. Maybe in 40 years Tom Hardy's skill will get him a Dwayne Johnson paycheck. :lol

"Dwayne Johnson (of The Fast & The Furious movies, Hercules, and being called “The Rock”) came in second with a $52 million year that combined earnings from acting roles as well as producing gigs, such as HBO’s football comedy Ballers."

"Dwayne Johnson (of The Fast & The Furious movies, Hercules, and being called “The Rock”) came in second with a $52 million year that combined earnings from acting roles as well as producing gigs, such as HBO’s football comedy Ballers."

Doesn't he still hold the world record for highest paid actor for a first role?

Doesn't he still hold the world record for highest paid actor for a first role?

$5.5 million for The Mummy Returns, don't know if he still holds the record.

By the by, Keanu Reeves made $156 million for the last two Matrix movies and Bruce Willis ended up getting $100 million for The Sixth Sense!!!

Sorry, thought we were aspiring to proper cinema as opposed to trash talentless wrestlers acting the same in every single movie but with different set of duds.

That's ok, he's not talentless.

My bad. Wonderful news we have the Rock staring as a new superhero. Woohoo! How awesome. It just like totally rocks and kicks all kinds of ass.

:lol
Superhero? :cuckoo:

No wonder your posts, you have no idea of what's going on :lol

I'd hope for something like this too. Tho the scene with Billy wanting to kill Adam yet stopped by Superman's "show him you're stronger, be good" wouldn't work in the same universe where Superman is a cry baby who snaps necks :monkey3

:lol sure it can, they can change that line to "don't make the same mistake I did" or something like that, it would be great imo.

Leave Rorywan alone.

chris_crocker_leave_britney_alone.jpg

Even though he won't leave the Rock alone.

For the love of all that is good and holy, no more Emo Superman!

Yeah, MoS was about enough of that, there's little to no reason or excuse for Superman to be broody anymore.

But if the rumors are true, that won't happen, Superman will end up in exile after BvS for later to return in JL.

Cena sucks :lol How about Joe Manganiello?

I don't know, he looks nothing like Shazam, and Aquaman already not looking like Aquaman is enough for me.

The Rock for Black Adam was as perfect as Momoa as lobo would've been, I want Shazams casting choice to match that.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

$5.5 million for The Mummy Returns, don't know if he still holds the record.

By the by, Keanu Reeves made $156 million for the last two Matrix movies and Bruce Willis ended up getting $100 million for The Sixth Sense!!!

Wonder if that was trumped by RDJ after the DVD sales were tallied. :lol

Yeah, MoS was about enough of that, there's little to no reason or excuse for Superman to be broody anymore.

But if the rumors are true, that won't happen, Superman will end up in exile after BvS for later to return in JL.

Uh... JL will immediately follow BvS so that's kinda stupid. :lol

Nevermind, you're right. I never saw this artist's depiction, but fairness to WB, there is a precedent.

Wonder_Woman_298-00fc.jpg

One more Frank Miller influence on this movie!

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

Shazam looks just like Superman except with slick backed hair.

Why not just cast Cavill as Shazam?

Why not just cast Cavill as Shazam?

So Shazam can look like a midget next to The Rock? :lol If anything, I'd say casting Dwayne will cause issues in who they cast as Shazam. It'll be a challenge to look as equally physically intimidating let alone come close to 6'5".

More like

621141-ww_half.jpg

That's your precedent.

Not really, thick brows, square-er jaw and really squinty eyes.

Uh... JL will immediately follow BvS so that's kinda stupid. :lol

Not according to the release dates WB announced, we'll get 3 or 4 movies before JL.

Chronologically I don't know though.

Back