Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Superman Batman Crossover Film

From what I can unofficially gather it looks like the most probable title is "World's Finest" and it will be separate from Man of Steel.

It looks like this will be using one of Cavill's contractual obligations and one of whomever will be the new Batman's as well. Then build into a Justice League film that is set for 2017. A few bloggers are reporting that the standalone Batman film and the Man of Steel sequel would then hit in the same year as Justice League or the year after. Of course nothing has been officially confirmed yet.

Bomer for Batman

The irony being that he was testing for Superman along with Amy Adams back when Brett Ratner had the project and had the role until directors changed.

I thought bale said in an interview he was willing to do whatever to play batman again? Bale could play him again? This crossover movie could help bale fit with Henry's superman

No for a couple of reasons. The first being that in the most interview with Bale he said he was ready for it to be passed to someone else. While it isn't exactly the end all, he isn't interested in even being in Justice League or another Batfilm. The second being that the they are looking to reboot another Batman who will sign a multi picture deal. Bale isn't interested. I would bet good money that while Cavill is signed for three that whoever comes in the DC Film Universe will be signed for six films minimum giving them their own trilogy and the JL trilogies respectively.

Now Michael Caine said he'd love to continue as Alfred if WB would have him.

People are wondering if they'd reveal the new Batman at Comic-Con but it doesn't look like.

Yeah, that's true. I just saw that Goyer will be writing if this thing is a done deal.

Jeez, isn't there anyone else in Hollywood that can write these guys other than ****ing David Goyer?

:exactly: I'm getting really tired of seeing this guy as writer. Though I can deal with it as long as there's another writer involved who will clean up his dreck. :slap

Celticpredator has joined the fun! :yess:

Apparently people at Comic-con are tweeting (or whatever the hell it's called lol) and saying that this rumor is indeed true.

Remember when this place had an actual chat room?

He'll tweak his Spider-Man theme as his Batman theme in the Batman/Superman score.

:lol

I'm very curious what he does for Spiderman. That came out of left field.

Don't write the film's screenplay/script as a "sorta kinda Man of Steel" sequel then. Write it as a Batman/Superman story.

It is possible to write a cohesive, singular story that doesn't rely on origins or a perceived canon. I think a lot of people have forgotten that. I like the idea of just diving into a story without building up a surrounding world. Let the world of the film and characters speak for themselves. Yeah, it worked great with Marvel and Avengers, but this isn't Marvel or Avengers.

Do I need to see a new Bruce Wayne's parents die and see why he becomes Batman for the hundredth time to understand his motivations and character? No, I don't think so.

Yupp

My kids don't like Batman. They say he's boring. I showed them this picture to prove them wrong:

the-dark-knight-rises-christian-bale-michael-caine-beard-cane.jpg

Look how much fun those guys are having! That kind of sheer joy is simply contagious.

Meanwhile 21809832351 kids across the world are running around in Batman getup. :dunno

Remember when this place had an actual chat room?

It did?

Zack Snyder on stage. Here we go.

It could work. The way Man of Steel left off things it's easy to introduce Batman with an interest in Superman. You could also introduce Lex Luthor, who'd have much of the same reasons as Batman, and then you can juxtapose those two by having their views on Superman differ. Just don't make Lex the villain, just use it for later setup.

devincf: Zack Snyder on stage. Here comes the DC movie news. #SDCC

EricVespe: "It's official. We are going to make another Superman movie." -Zack

EricVespe: Harry Lennix , from Man of Steel, has a better voice than Zack, he said. He's about to read something.

devincf: They intro the Batman/Superman movie using Bruce's "Remember my hand on your throat" line from THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS. #SDCC

Silas Lesnick: "I want you to remember Clark," he says, "In all your private moments. In all the years to come, my hand at your throat. I want you to remember, the one man who beat you."

BPpOGnQCcAACSQ0.jpg:large

Last edited:

I have low expectations for this movie considering Goyer's involvement. He's been the worst part of the past couple of DC movies.

devincf: Zack Snyder on stage. Here comes the DC movie news. #SDCC

EricVespe: "It's official. We are going to make another Superman movie." -Zack

devincf: They intro the Batman/Superman movie using Bruce's "Remember my hand on your throat" line from THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS. #SDCC

BPpOGnQCcAACSQ0.jpg:large

Badass! Now, use that line accordingly, with an older Batman, as portrayed by Jon Hamm, uttering it.:lecture

It looks like from what people are reporting that isn't going to be a Superman/Batman film but more of Batman featured within Man of Steel 2.

It looks like they might be heading down the we don't get along but then in the end work together idea that they have been using to push them together in years past.

That's a funky lookin' Bat logo. Ain't as sharp and sleek as the Burton and Nolan ones.

But man, that's the perfect intro, "Remember my hand on your throat". I really hope they're enemies in this one with different ideologies, not the 50s pals hanging out fighting weird space aliens. If they go the route of TDKR, this could really be amazing.

This could definitely have some potential.

Only thing that's lame is Goyer's involvement. Give someone else a chance to take a crack at it. His "symbol of hope" crap for the DC characters is getting annoying. Hopefully this Batman doesn't stand for that.

The Batman logo reminds me of this:

Frank_Miller_batman02.jpg

I want to see the new Batsuit!

Back