Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

Nam's joke seemed to go over a couple of heads there.. :lol
6x13_Sneak_hug.jpg

Ben Affleck

I think Ben has grown a lot as an actor over the years (feel the same about Franco now compared to his wooden turn as Harry in SM1) as well as his understanding of filmmaking and can certainly see him as Batman.

Gal Gadot

Looks fine to me, very fine. Looks like the character but as an actress I've not seen any of her roles and haven't heard much praise or distain, so I'm like 50/50 on her casting.

Jesse Eisenberg

This is the only casting I'm not sold on, he's a good actor but I can't personally see him as a villain. His villain will most likely be the mastermind not the fist-fighter type, but i can't picture him as a big enough "threat" for Superman.

__

My biggest concern with this is how they turned Superman's sequel into a team-up rather than doing a solo sequel and developing the other DC character separately and Superman further.

I worry this may become Batman and friends, given his role as the flagship of DC characters I can't see them sharing his spotlight.

I would've much preferred a separate Batman movie and have this as Man of Steel 2 with an introduction of Wonder Woman.

I'll be seeing it as I liked Man of Steel and am a fan of the characters, and the director.

So I'm about 30% worried and 70% excited

Last edited:

Ben Affleck

I think Ben has grown a lot as an actor over the years (feel the same about Franco now compared to his wooden turn as Harry in SM1) as well as his understanding of filmmaking and can certainly see him as Batman.

Gal Gadot

Looks fine to me, very fine. Looks like the character but as an actress I've not seen any of her roles and haven't heard much praise or distain, so I'm like 50/50 on her casting.

Jesse Eisenberg

This is the only casting I'm not sold on, he's a good actor but I can't personally see him as a villain. His villain will most likely be the mastermind not the fist-fighter type, but i can't picture him as a big enough "threat" for Superman.

__

My biggest concern with this is how they turned Superman's sequel into a team-up rather than doing a solo sequel and developing the other DC character separately and Superman further.

I worry this may become Batman and friends, given his role as the flagship of DC characters I can't see them sharing his spotlight.

I would've much preferred a separate Batman movie and have this as Man of Steel 2 with an introduction of Wonder Woman.

I'll be seeing it as I liked Man of Steel and am a fan of the characters, and the director.

So I'm about 30% worried and 70% excited

I agree with you on Ben. I am excited to see his take on the role.

I have liked Gal in the few things I have seen her in. Like Cavil was, she's a relative unknown, but I think she will do well in the part.

Eisenberg is the one I am not sold on. I am hoping Snyder and company see something that we don't see yet with him. I'm hoping he blows the doors off the role. I liked him ok in Zombieland, but he's not what I picture when I think of Lex.

I am excited for this film, and hope they make a great one. I don't think Batman will overshadow Superman. I think both will get equal time, and leave us wanting more. At least that is my hope.

I'm okay with Affleck as Batman but not so certain on the other two. Gadot as WW has me so-so. She just doesn't look so "wonderful" to me and she doesn't look the character for now. As for Luther, Eisenberg may be able to pull it off as a young version of the character. Again, we shall see....

Back