Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2015)

Seriously though, I would have no issue with a first appearance-type Batman here, who mercilessly kills. I think it would fit better with what Snyder et al. are trying to do. You want dark and gritty? There you go. More like Thomas Wayne from Flashpoint than Bruce Wayne from Earth 1.

100% agree, don't know if that will fly with the masses though, but I think it would "fit" in well with whats been established.

f6bNCoS.jpg

I'm hoping that Gal can at least get her body in this good of shape.

EQsxYgs.gif

I think she's a prime example of feminine and fit and a realistic goal for Gal. She's not super muscular but she's toned enough. :)

:exactly: :goodpost:

That's a very achievable goal and more than enough to fit the WW character.

Seriously though, I would have no issue with a first appearance-type Batman here, who mercilessly kills. I think it would fit better with what Snyder et al. are trying to do. You want dark and gritty? There you go. More like Thomas Wayne from Flashpoint than Bruce Wayne from Earth 1.

Now when you say "first appearence" do you mean the version where bob Kane was Tracing issues of the shadow, but putting the panes in reveresed, or in different order ( Recently found out about that) and changing names in the stories, or when he actualy became Bruce Wayne, and got the "my parrents are DEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAD orgin story? :lol

First Appearence Batman. :lol

shadow.jpg

All kidding aside, Ugh, please no. We've had enough grimdark and gritty. WB needs some damn Levity injected into this series, or its not going to have any longevity.

I have a really hard time seeing how they transition from Man of Steel to something with genuine, or effective levity. It's just not in the cards, I don't think, so I'm now hoping that they make the best of a bad situation. Is it my preference for them to go in that direction? Of course not. I would rather a fun comic franchise on the order of the Marvel Studios stuff. But A) they don't know how to make good, traditional comic films (Exhibit A: Green Lantern; Exhibit B: Man of Steel); and B) they love dark, gritty, and joyless, which in fairness, they do very well. Might as well play to their strengths. Make them all a bunch of gritty murdering psychopaths, and see where the story goes.

Now when you say "first appearence" do you mean the version where bob Kane was Tracing issues of the shadow, but putting the panes in reveresed, or in different order ( Recently found out about that) and changing names in the stories, or when he actualy became Bruce Wayne, and got the "my parrents are DEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAD orgin story? :lol

First Appearance Batman. :lol

shadow.jpg

All kidding aside, Ugh, please no. We've had enough grimdark and gritty. WB needs some damn Levity injected into this series, or its not going to have any longevity.

They went the Iron Man route with Green Lantern and look how that turned out. They just need to pick a tone and stick to it. Marvel sticks to the light hearted fun action, and Nolan stuck with the realistic gritty tone. This new dc needs to stick to one tone, and be good at it. MOS failed in that department.

New to the site and I just wanted to have a mature adult conversation with some cool guys who share similar interests. Does anyone else think the Dark Knight Trilogy was the best super hero franchise to come out? I watch these movies every night before I go to sleep. Marvel movies are terrible. IMHO no other current super hero movie compares. Idk about this new Batman/Superman movie coming out, but I do know Ben Affleck has a real nice batman chin. Thoughts?

New to the site and I just wanted to have a mature adult conversation with some cool guys who share similar interests. Does anyone else think the Dark Knight Trilogy was the best super hero franchise to come out? I watch these movies every night before I go to sleep. Marvel movies are terrible. IMHO no other current super hero movie compares. Idk about this new Batman/Superman movie coming out, but I do know Ben Affleck has a real nice batman chin. Thoughts?

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Welcome and Good luck!

LOL Tell 'em, Mike.

They went the Iron Man route with Green Lantern and look how that turned out. They just need to pick a tone and stick to it. Marvel sticks to the light hearted fun action, and Nolan stuck with the realistic gritty tone. This new dc needs to stick to one tone, and be good at it. MOS failed in that department.
I agree with a lot of what you say. My expectations are extremely low after MOS, but I reckon if anything good is going to come out of this, then it's going to be playing to their strengths. In any case, I don't have really strong feelings one way or the other, since it would be hard to get much worse than what we've seen from them already. So, I'm totally open to whatever this turns out to be. I'll try to go in with an open mind.

There's a thread here somewhere with others who share your opinion on the Nolan trilogy. Outside of that thread, all bets are off. :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:lol I think I know who you are.

Anyway, I'll agree on the Batfleck chin.

I have a really hard time seeing how they transition from Man of Steel to something with genuine, or effective levity. It's just not in the cards, I don't think, so I'm now hoping that they make the best of a bad situation. Is it my preference for them to go in that direction? Of course not. I would rather a fun comic franchise on the order of the Marvel Studios stuff. But A) they don't know how to make good, traditional comic films (Exhibit A: Green Lantern; Exhibit B: Man of Steel); and B) they love dark, gritty, and joyless, which in fairness, they do very well. Might as well play to their strengths. Make them all a bunch of gritty murdering psychopaths, and see where the story goes.

:lol :lol :lol

Kara is a trip. :lol

Back