Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2015)

It's very common that the negative opinions are the most vocal, it's only natural, it's more fun to complain.

I long ago stopped being a baby about not having a MoS solo sequel, I'm quite excited for this, and I agree about MoS, both it's flaws and it's virtues contrast more with every watch, but the good far overweights the bad.

I’m really hoping this movie good, but you’re not a little worried with casting rumors?

I’m really hoping this movie good, but you’re not a little worried with casting rumors?

I was, until I found out about this new rumor of BvS and JL being filmed back to back, that show that at least they have some sort of plan.

The only casting choice that genuinely concerns me is Gadot's, they need to put some serious work if they want WW to pan out.

I was, until I found out about this new rumor of BvS and JL being filmed back to back, that show that at least they have some sort of plan.

The only casting choice that genuinely concerns me is Gadot's, they need to put some serious work if they want WW to pan out.

Yea, she has me very worried, but so does Ben Affleck, and the Rock. They don’t seem to be casting strong actors, which me thinks they are going style over substance.

Yea, she has me very worried, but so does Ben Affleck, and the Rock. They don’t seem to be casting strong actors, which me thinks they are going style over substance.

Affleck doesn't concern me as of yet, he can play Bruce no problem, and Batman shouldn't be tough to portray either, the rock, meh, I think he can be pretty decent, you're also forgetting the rumors about Denzel and Joaquin, those have to be actors of a higher stature than Marvel's finest.

Last edited:

Wait, since when was The Rock confirmed? For all we know, he could be Lobo or some other oddball character. Hell, maybe he's Swamp Thing in GDT's Dark movie.:lol

Honestly guys, all I read here is people complaining!

Now you may right and maybe the end result will be a POS, but why not giving them a chance?

As for MOS, you seriously should watch it again! The first time I watched it, I really thought it was a meh movie, but trust me, it's one of those that gets better every time you watch it.

It may not be your usual Superman, and yes, some parts are weak, but I don't think it's so different than BB. Well it is, but the mood of Superman is necessary different.

I'd say MOS is a work in progress, and if they don't botch it, the franchise has real potential. So why not be optimistic and hope for once rather than just condemn the movie to limbo of the craposphere before it's even started to shoot? :dunno

MOS is closer to being a Dragon Ball Z movie adaptation than being an actual Superman Film.
It was void of all the charm that usually superman has. As a regular movie (if it didn't have superman in it) it would have been... okay.
But Superman? no way. The movie at the end feels more like a video game based on another movie than anything else. Like if they had made an actual good Superman movie and MOS was just the game adaptation of that :lol

Not really.

I remember being very worried with the casting of Amy Adams (what? a red-headed Lois?) and Lawrence Fishburne (what? a black Perry White?) and both were awesome in their parts.

So no, it probably means that what we'll get will be different from the source material, but as long as the story is good, I'm okay with that! I've decided that in these kind of stuff, you had to look at things with an open mind. actually, the rumor about the amazons being descendants of the Kryptonian colonists is even not so bad. It doesn't even rule out the Greek Gods. Imagine Kryptonians in those times! They would certainly be revered as Gods, to the point of ending believing they were some!

Hey, now I would even be okay with a black Luthor! Could be great if the actor is great.

After all it's a reinvention of the character... Once again, as long as the sory is good! :)

Thats different though. They are talented actors. I am worried here because these aren’t talented actors being casted.

So far, the casting has nothing to envy Marvel's, Ben is a very talented actor now, with a lot of growth, the Rock is at least decent and he's a rumor, Cavil is talented if given more lines, and the other rumored actors are on the top of their games.

The only ones we should be concerned with right now are the confirmed ones, Cavil; talented, Ben; talented, Gadot; uncertain.

I can't believe anyone is worried about the Rock being cast in a CBM flick. Hes probably the best non actor muscle personality turned actor and hes shown he has more than enough range, which he'll probably need zero of cause I'm sure if he is cast in this, it'll be typecast. I think some of you think you're in the thread for the remake of the Godfather. :lol

So far, the casting has nothing to envy Marvel's, Ben is a very talented actor now, with a lot of growth, the Rock is at least decent and he's a rumor, Cavil is talented if given more lines, and the other rumored actors are on the top of their games.

The only ones we should be concerned with right now are the confirmed ones, Cavil; talented, Ben; talented, Gadot; uncertain.

I really don’t think Ben is a good actor now. Even in Argo, his character didn’t speak a lot or show a lot of emotion. The Town has been his best acting wise. I like Ben Affleck though and I hope he proves me wrong on this one.

While I am not a fan of what Marvel studios have been pumping out, they don’t have the better actors by far. Samuel Jackson, Scarlet Johansson, Robert Downey, Michael Douglas, Ben Kingsley, Don Cheadle, Jeremy Renner, Anthony Mackie Robert Redford, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins, Mark Ruffalo and Chris Hemsworth see to be doing pretty well. Its no competition in my opinion. Problem is Marvel doesn’t cast the actors to put on great performances, but pretty much just for their name.

By the way, do you think Snyder is also directing Justice League?

IMDB has nothing yet...except Goyer as writer. :monkey4

I really don’t think Ben is a good actor now. Even in Argo, his character didn’t speak a lot or show a lot of emotion. The Town has been his best acting wise. I like Ben Affleck though and I hope he proves me wrong on this one.

While I am not a fan of what Marvel studios have been pumping out, they don’t have the better actors by far. Samuel Jackson, Scarlet Johansson, Robert Downey, Michael Douglas, Ben Kingsley, Don Cheadle, Jeremy Renner, Anthony Mackie Robert Redford, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins, Mark Ruffalo and Chris Hemsworth see to be doing pretty well. Its no competition in my opinion. Problem is Marvel doesn’t cast the actors to put on great performances, but pretty much just for their name.

By the way, do you think Snyder is also directing Justice League?

Mhm :slap I completely forgot guys like Hopkins, dude's a legend and I love him as Odin, Marvel does have heavy talent.

I would think Snyder will direct JL if they're being filmed back to back.

Mhm :slap I completely forgot guys like Hopkins, dude's a legend and I love him as Odin, Marvel does have heavy talent.

I would think Snyder will direct JL if they're being filmed back to back.

I was hoping they would get someone else to direct. I just don’t have faith in him.

Yea the X-men Franchise also has an incredible cast, probably the most relevant actors today.

I was hoping they would get someone else to direct. I just don’t have faith in him.

Yea the X-men Franchise also has an incredible cast, probably the most relevant actors today.

I love both Ian Mcellen and Patrick Stewart in their roles.

I think Snyder's in at least for these 2 movies.

He's a very capable director given a proper script, hence why the re-writing of the script gives me hope than BvS will be better than MoS.

I love both Ian Mcellen and Patrick Stewart in their roles.

I think Snyder's in at least for these 2 movies.

He's a very capable director given a proper script, hence why the re-writing of the script gives me hope than BvS will be better than MoS.

I like 300 and I thought Watchmen was alright, he just doesn’t seem to bring out the best in his actors. I hope that changes with this film.

Also I’m in the minority but I love the younger X-Men. Fassbender and Mcavoy are a great young Magneto and Prof X

I wouldn't really say Marvel has the "better" actors, so much as they have "more." I'd say that Russell Crowe, Lawrence Fishburne, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Diane Lane, and Amy Adams are all AAA actors and actresses, and Cavill is shaping up quite nicely, as well. I'm an Affleck fan, and I'm giving Gadot the benefit of the doubt, but, the point is that we haven't even seen all of the actors and actresses that will be featured in the sequel, let alone any subsequent films; I imagine, if he were directing, an Affleck-helmed Batman movie would draw in quite a few heavy hitters.

I like 300 and I thought Watchmen was alright, he just doesn’t seem to bring out the best in his actors. I hope that changes with this film.

Also I’m in the minority but I love the younger X-Men. Fassbender and Mcavoy are a great young Magneto and Prof X

Funny, nobody ever quotes the Dawn of the Dead remake by Snyder! It was a great movie and I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have The Walking Dead on TV if not for him resurecting (pun intended) the trend!

Back