Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2015)

I had MOS pretty much figured out when the director and writers were named. Trailer reinforced my suspicions, and the movie itself was no great surprise. I don't think the trailer was deceptive. It had a great style and energy to it. The movie does as well, in its way. The problem is that the style and flash are all that exist.

I won’t lie, I fell for the Nolan hype. I saw his name on it, and figure we might have another Batman Begins here, with Snyder action. Oh how I was wrong.

They should just call this Justice League Begins.

Eh Snyder is good when the script/source is good. 300 and Watchmen show that. Goyer was the weak link.
I agree, which is why early on I was hoping for writers that would make me excited about the prospects for this movie. But his own strengths as a filmmaker are essentially the strengths that make for an exciting trailer. I'm never shocked to see him make a good trailer.

I'm also most interested in the horror characters. I doubt very seriously they do a sequel to Constantine. He should be rebooted, as a blonde British dude, and he should be in the Dark JL for sure, should it happen.

I agree, which is why early on I was hoping for writers that would make me excited about the prospects for this movie. But his own strengths as a filmmaker are essentially the strengths that make for an exciting trailer. I'm never shocked to see him make a good trailer.

Sucker Punch sucked (even though Khev's probably all gay for it still :lol), and that was ALL on him.

I'll give ZS that, his movies are gorgeous.

She looked hot fighting that giant samurai. :lol

Wife says King Leonidas looked hot as well. :lol

Last edited:

Chin-man VS Hope-man

url.gif

Everyone is going to love the trailer.

Trailers do that.

Look at MOS. :lol

I thought MOS was going to get an Oscar after seeing that trailer.

trailers and people that are in charge of trailers should get award ceremonies or something.

I've lost count on how many movies looked great just because of the deceiving trailers for movies that were absolutely crap. Sometimes I am amazed at how much they make a horrible movie look cool or funny, That is quite an art that needs recognition

Honestly guys, all I read here is people complaining!

Now you may right and maybe the end result will be a POS, but why not giving them a chance?

As for MOS, you seriously should watch it again! The first time I watched it, I really thought it was a meh movie, but trust me, it's one of those that gets better every time you watch it.

It may not be your usual Superman, and yes, some parts are weak, but I don't think it's so different than BB. Well it is, but the mood of Superman is necessary different.

I'd say MOS is a work in progress, and if they don't botch it, the franchise has real potential. So why not be optimistic and hope for once rather than just condemn the movie to limbo of the craposphere before it's even started to shoot? :dunno

Now you may right and maybe the end result will be a POS, but why not giving them a chance?

As for MOS, you seriously should watch it again! The first time I watched it, I really thought it was a meh movie, but trust me, it's one of those that gets better every time you watch it.

It may not be your usual Superman, and yes, some parts are weak, but I don't think it's so different than BB. Well it is, but the mood of Superman is necessary different.

I'd say MOS is a work in progress, and if they don't botch it, the franchise has real potential. So why not be optimistic and hope for once rather than just condemn the movie to limbo of the craposphere before it's even started to shoot? :dunno

I just can’t see it being that good. Everyone involved in making this is either subpar or to new to judge and they seem to be rushing things. But I am really hoping they knock it out the park. Marvel studios might be dominating but I have hated 90% of what they put out so far. I hope WB can get things together and start making me excited to go to the movies to see a superhero film again.

I've given it a few watches, and MoS is still just Battleship with a cape and tights. It's fun, but it ain't Superman. :lol

I've given it a few watches, and MoS is still just Battleship with a cape and tights. It's fun, but it ain't Superman. :lol

Yea I gave it another watch yesterday and it was actually worse than I remember. I know why Superman fans like it, but its kind of tough on regular moviegoers to like unless your just an action junky.

It's very common that the negative opinions are the most vocal, it's only natural, it's more fun to complain.

I long ago stopped being a baby about not having a MoS solo sequel, I'm quite excited for this, and I agree about MoS, both it's flaws and it's virtues contrast more with every watch, but the good far overweights the bad.

Back