Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

Batman and Superman Have a Despicable Problem

Before Ben Affleck's Batman and Henry Cavill's Superman square off the weekend of July 17, 2015, both will have to contend with minions. Despicable, yellow, remarkably profitable minions.

Earlier this month, Comcast's (NASDAQ: CMCSA ) Universal Studios moved back the open date for its next entry in the Despicable Me franchise to July 10, 2015. That's summer tentpole territory and an open weekend, but it also comes during what may be the biggest comic-book summer ever.

Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS ) kicks things off that May with The Avengers: Age of Ultron. A reboot of the Terminator franchise arrives on July 1, followed by Minions, then "Batman vs. Superman," and finally Ant-Man on July 31. Not good for Disney and Time Warner (NYSE: TWX ) shareholders, especially when Illumination's cute troublemakers have a history of drawing family audiences.

If there's good news here, it's that comic-book adaptations have taken a harder edge of late. Both Ant-Man and the DC's Big Two could appeal to older, action-oriented audiences who already came out for Man of Steel, which earned more than $600 million worldwide.

Or that could be wishful thinking. Despicable Me 2, which already ranks among the top-grossing animated films of all time, made The Lone Ranger irrelevant here in the United States. Domestic audiences also stayed away from the giant robots-vs.-giant monsters epic, Pacific Rim.

If I had to guess, I'd bet on Minions to outperform as the superheroes fight among themselves for a greater share of the moviegoing audience. What your take? Are you betting on Disney and Time Warner stock to outperform ahead of 2015's superhero summer? Let us know what you think in the comments box below.

Disney's got their **** together and understands the importance of opportunity. I bet Antman gets bumped to fall. Especially being a new license, they'll want to give him as fair a shake as possible. Unfortunately, I see WB being stubborn, but it is Batman we're talking about, so if anyone would give the minions a run for their $$$, it's the goddam Batman.

I think that this film has the potential, if done right, to be one of the most successful films of all time (or, at least, 2015). :lolI want a JL film as much as the next guy, but, when the general audiences were walking out of The Avengers and saying "I hope we see 'Justice League' next," as much as it pains me to say it, they didn't want to see that for Martian Manhunter, or Aquaman; they wanted to see it because it was the first opportunity they'd get to see Batman and Superman together on the same screen.

I think that this film has the potential, if done right, to be one of the most successful films of all time (or, at least, 2015). :lolI want a JL film as much as the next guy, but, when the general audiences were walking out of The Avengers and saying "I hope we see 'Justice League' next," as much as it pains me to say it, they didn't want to see that for Martian Manhunter, or Aquaman; they wanted to see it because it was the first opportunity they'd get to see Batman and Superman together on the same screen.

You know, so long as they did it right, and let the anticipation build naturally, they'd have a billion-dollar blockbuster on their hands. But shoehorning Batman into the "Superman sequel" kinda goes against that. Then we wait 2 years, get a Flash movie just before a JLA? That's not building anticipation, that's Biloxi Blues whorehouse cherry-popping scene. :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Marvel is giving us a Superhero Racoon a year before a Superman/Batman team up.

That says it all right there. :lol

Last edited:

I know I'd love an X-men vs. Avengers movie. :)

That would be fantastic, plus throwing Spidey in the mix! Too bad it will never happen. If only Sony and Disney could work something out and split the profits. Yeah, right, I know.... Two rival studios working together?! I'm sure it has happened in the past, but I'm also sure egos would be too big for this to happen.

I don't know if it was his intention, but the cover of the Absolute Edition of Luthor and Joker was revealed, and Lee Bermejo has totally convinced me that I want to see Daniel Day Lewis as Luthor.:lol

71Bce-gQuxL._SY400_.jpg

Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

I don't know if it was his intention, but the cover of the Absolute Edition of Luthor and Joker was revealed, and Lee Bermejo has totally convinced me that I want to see Daniel Day Lewis as Luthor.:lol

71Bce-gQuxL._SY400_.jpg

I see a deranged, weathered and sinister looking Bradley Cooper in that picture.

And I'm not saying I want him to play lex --before someone shoots me.

I see a deranged, weathered and sinister looking Bradley Cooper in that picture.

And I'm not saying I want him to play lex --before someone shoots me.

Dude looks almost identical to Lewis to me:
daniel-day-lewis-retire.jpg

****, he's even got the crooked nose, but it just looks like they flipped it.:lol

He kind of looks a bit like Mel Gibson from the eyes to me.

Dude sucks at drawing the Joker, tired of that painted dirty look already.

Nah, his Joker's awesome. He did that version of Joker before Ledger ever did.:lecture

B-b-but he's Ultron? STAHP! YER KINFUZING MEH!!!!!

Back