Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But the stuff it spends time explaining is either boring and/or ass-biscuits?

The whole bullet/desert/lois subplot is so completely ridiculous that it doesn't warrant any more screen time.
Oh and let's not forget the classic "bowl of fruit/fridge" revelation! "He didn't know he was gonna die?!?!"
:lol :rotfl :lol

I think that I actually prefer the theatrical version. :lol

That fruit revelation by Lois has to be one of the dumbest scenes from any comic book movie. :lol

The Lois investigation into Lex and Clark into Batman were not made better by giving us more of it. Waste of time in the theatrical and even more so in the extended.

I think that I actually prefer the theatrical version. :lol

I'm glad that I know about the additional scenes because it answers some questions but now that I've seen them a couple times, yeah, when the movie plays I don't want to wait an extra 30 minutes for the warehouse scene and WW to show up. :lol

Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA!!! I've been holding out on rewatching this movie, but no one told me there was a bowl of fruit revelation involved. *drops everything, leaves work, buys DVD and watches movie immediately*

I actually was going to rent the extended version last weekend just to see if it improved at all for me, but you can only buy the extended version through streaming channels. So, **** you, movie! I just watched some episodes of the IT Crowd instead. Pretty sure it was about a million times better than the extendacut anyway.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA!!! I've been holding out on rewatching this movie, but no one told me there was a bowl of fruit revelation involved. *drops everything, leaves work, buys DVD and watches movie immediately*

I actually was going to rent the extended version last weekend just to see if it improved at all for me, but you can only buy the extended version through streaming channels. So, **** you, movie! I just watched some episodes of the IT Crowd instead. Pretty sure it was about a million times better than the extendacut anyway.

IT CROWD is one of the best comedies ever made. I hope your talking about the UK one?
The episode where he gets locked in the handicapped toilets at the gay show is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

I'm glad that I know about the additional scenes because it answers some questions but now that I've seen them a couple times, yeah, when the movie plays I don't want to wait an extra 30 minutes for the warehouse scene and WW to show up. :lol

Honestly Khev, what the extended really needed was more "warehouse" level of additional action, not fruit drama!

More of Batman terrorizing and tearing fools apart, more of WW using her bracelets and lasso, more of Superman slamming Batman!

They gave us 1 additional push from Superman on Batman and 1 quick scene of Superman being blasted backwards by DD's laser blast, while I welcome it it just wasn't enough.

So because we didn't get that, I really think that the theatrical works best for me.

Last edited:
not fruit drama!
Says you!

V6RU0eW.jpg

Honestly Khev, what the extended really needed was more "warehouse" level of additional action, not fruit drama!

More of Batman terrorizing and tearing fools apart, more of WW using her bracelets and lasso, more of Superman slamming Batman!

They gave us 1 additional push from Superman on Batman and 1 quick scene of Superman being blasted backwards by DD's laser blast, while I welcome it it was just not enough.

So because we didn't get that, I really think that the theatrical works best for me.

There was the sweet security footage of Batman attacking Luthor's guards and I think an extra helicopter gets destroyed by Doomsday but in the grand scheme of things not much compared to everything else. I think we even got more "Clark climbing the mountain" footage than anything Batman related. :lol

There was the sweet security footage of Batman attacking Luthor's guards and I think an extra helicopter gets destroyed by Doomsday but in the grand scheme of things not much compared to everything else. I think we even got more "Clark climbing the mountain" footage than anything Batman related. :lol

:lol

It was bad ass but man it was like what...0.8 seconds long. :lol

Last edited:
Man, Ultimate Cut fixes a lot of confusion and makes the first half more engaging.
Was afraid I'd get bored and start to ff scenes but nope, three hours well spent.

Still a very flawed movie, even just cuttin' ~20% off and re-editing the rest could improve it.
The WW part is blegh, the metahumans intros are terribly placed and Doomsday is a waste of a good character.
But at least it wasn't as terrible as "Meh of Steal" and the Batman part is great.

Man, Ultimate Cut fixes a lot of confusion and makes the first half more engaging.
Was afraid I'd get bored and start to ff scenes but nope, three hours well spent.

Still a very flawed movie, even just cuttin' ~20% off and re-editing the rest could improve it.
The WW part is blegh, the metahumans intros are terribly placed and Doomsday is a waste of a good character.
But at least it wasn't as terrible as "Meh of Steal" and the Batman part is great.

but better than The Force Awakens? I mean Farce, sorry

I bid this thread farewell, the UE has been well discussed it is time for closure on what was a wonderful piece of literature.

As my great grandmother used to say:

"Peace out bitches!"

I meant as him bein' a mutated version of Zod yet not even makin' him speak. They could create a new version of Doomsday's character based on Zod yet felt the need to make him a mute monster. Not to mention killing him at the end... Stupid as ****.

As someone who tends to like movies everyone else hates (BvS, SW prequels, STID, ASM 2, Lone Ranger, Matrix sequels to name but a few), it's sad that we're probably seeing the last of the risk-taking big-budget films. Rightly or wrongly, commercial imperatives and studio expectations are taking over, and I can see future blockbusters being increasingly micro-managed by studio execs.

You could argue the misfires were crap anyway, and Hollywood is a business, both points of view I can accept. It's just sad that art is likely going to lose out to commerce.

Back