Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think with Zack DC needs a brilliant story, kickass script, and then for them to tell Zack "now shoot this." I for one can't wait to see a world swarming with those flying alien dudes in the Knightmare sequence.

Exactly.
He is a great director for these kind of movies but should not touch the script.
Just seen Xmen, BVS is a masterpiece next to this poop.

I think with Zack DC needs a brilliant story, kickass script, and then for them to tell Zack "now shoot this." I for one can't wait to see a world swarming with those flying alien dudes in the Knightmare sequence.

Exactly.

Thats exactly right.

Have someone else write an amazing story and have every single detail planned out and have zack brin g it to life
That simple.

I dont even hate zack. Ill never hate him. But oh boy do i freaking hate goyer.... Oh yeah i truly do :lol.
I am not sure who was responsible for the problems in bvs but zack can reedem himself with a stronger leader leading him with a better vision.

Yeah, it's clear that most don't appreciate the pressure Zack unnecessarily took upon himself and won't understand why. Nolan had no interest in comic book movies anymore (some would argue he never did) and with him walking away it was either going to be The Goyer Show, or WB would continue to spin its wheels on the DC movies indefinitely. He knew that neither would be good, so he stepped up and took it all on himself (he and Debbie hired Ayer and Jenkins for Suicide Squad and WW and got those films spun up and greenlit). Now, thankfully, he finally has help... And GOOD help at that. But even if this next batch of DC films is met with much more enthusiasm by fans and the Internet, he won't get any credit. In fact, the narrative will be that the films improved only because he was "shoved aside". He can't win, and he knows it. It's a good thing he has much thicker skin than me and is only interested in making movies, and not all of this nonsensical BS that often comes with it.

Yeah, it's clear that most don't appreciate the pressure Zack unnecessarily took upon himself and won't understand why. Nolan had no interest in comic book movies anymore (some would argue he never did) and with him walking away it was either going to be The Goyer Show, or WB would continue to spin its wheels on the DC movies indefinitely. He knew that neither good happen, so he stepped up and took it all on himself (he and Debbie hired Ayer and Jenkins for Suicide Squad and WW and got those films spun up and greenlit). Now, thankfully, he finally has help... And GOOD help at that. But even if this next batch of DC films is met with much more enthusiasm by fans and the Internet, he won't get any credit. In fact, the narrative will be that the films improved only because he was "shoved aside". He can't win, and he knows it. It's a good thing he has much thicker skin than me and is only interested in making movies, and not all of this nonsensical BS that often comes with it.

It really sucks that zack had to rake this much weight and that nolan left right when bvs had to be made. Its a shame bvs had to be the one that suffered from bad management

Yeah, it's clear that most don't appreciate the pressure Zack unnecessarily took upon himself and won't understand why. Nolan had no interest in comic book movies anymore (some would argue he never did) and with him walking away it was either going to be The Goyer Show, or WB would continue to spin its wheels on the DC movies indefinitely. He knew that neither would be good, so he stepped up and took it all on himself (he and Debbie hired Ayer and Jenkins for Suicide Squad and WW and got those films spun up and greenlit). Now, thankfully, he finally has help... And GOOD help at that. But even if this next batch of DC films is met with much more enthusiasm by fans and the Internet, he won't get any credit. In fact, the narrative will be that the films improved only because he was "shoved aside". He can't win, and he knows it. It's a good thing he has much thicker skin than me and is only interested in making movies, and not all of this nonsensical BS that often comes with it.

That sucks. Hopefully Ayer, Johns and everyone will step up and give him props when the time comes the way everyone involved in the MCU *still* gives props to Favreau.

John Campea said it best, you don't hire a comic book guy (even if he is THE comic book guy) with little film production knowledge and experience to run a movie division. It'd be like putting Kevin Smith in charge of the DC film division because he knows a lot about comics...oh wait...WB offered him that job back in the 90's :lol

John Campea said it best, you don't hire a comic book guy (even if he is THE comic book guy) with little film production knowledge and experience to run a movie division.

Right. Which is why they actually put TWO guys in the role (one of which IS a film guy).

Campea is a good posterboy for the knowitall that apparently can't figure out the obvious.

I'm surprised no one has posted the announcement of WB officially christening "DC Films" and naming Executive VP Jon Berg and Geoff Johns as the 2 execs who will run it.

Especially since it's already being spun as "BvS Fallout" and some sites (like, who else... BMD) are viewing it as a victory for the anti-Snyder lynch mob. :lol

Not so fast. 2 Things...

1) This has actually been in the works for a while, which is why Johns co-hosted that weird (and, frankly, dumb) TV Special with Kevin Smith and why he even let the word out about "DC Films" at WonderCon (which apparently not one single media outlet picked up on or ran with).

2) Sorry to disappointment some of you, but it's not a sign that they're pushing Zack out. In fact, like naming Affleck Exec Producer it's the latter... these moves are being made in support of Zack, and Johns and Affleck are both squarely in his corner. He never wanted to be both a filmmaker and the "Kevin Feige of DC films", and so that weight is being lifted off his shoulders while at the same time creating a solid core team that can tell the execs at the very top of WB to back off (something which sadly did not happen on BvS). And Zack is keenly involved with the formation of DC Films. In fact, the new retro logo and branding was his idea (which probably explains why some of you hate it :lol ).

You know, it's very interesting being on the other side of some of this stuff and reading different articles and immediately knowing how full of crap many of them are. I have a new perspective on not only how some things work in Hollywood, but on how they're often (mis)perceived by the "professionals" who make a living covering it.

Now i'm confused. :lol

If the exec didn't back off in BvS, then who really wanted to continue with the serious dark tone with Superman, the exec or Snyder?

Now if the exec back off like you say, will Zach go with a happy Superman or remain with the confused and depressed version from BvS?

In other words, who wanted Superman to be a clone of Batman in BvS, Zack or the exec?

That sucks. Hopefully Ayer, Johns and everyone will step up and give him props when the time comes the way everyone involved in the MCU *still* gives props to Favreau.

I bet Fav will be back as a director.

They should. Affleck almost surely will.

I dont know how long it will be but to be honest i just honestly cannot wait until zack does something else not related to dc or superman or any of that.

This is just a headache now

I just want to get past this and him doing another movie like dawn of the dead... Another 300...

Cant wait till he just gets another project out of this

I want to be excited about his projects again

I want to agree but as long as the difference in tone brings something good to the table.

I am not so quick to easily dismiss or brush off the loud cries over Superman's handling.

The decision to make Superman a clone of Batman in a movie many were expecting Superman to shine like a bright star after the turmoil from MOS definately left many feeling like there was no growth to his character.

In a way I feel like Marvel does "dark" right in a sense that each character has varying ranges of emotions allowing each to be presented with just the right amount of pathos when needed.

Last edited:
The MCU has lots of dark **** but the websheep like to Disneybash even more than Snyderbashing (though the Snyderbashing is savagely concentrated, unfortunately).

I am hopeful for JL with Terrio owning the script and Snyder directing. I want DC movies to have their own identity too and I think they have all the pieces but so far they haven't been able to work out the corners. I think the further we get from the Nolan films the more likely we are to get something great from the new crew.

About DC Films name, one of the reps at Toy Fair mentioned that in a video. It might have been Pixeldan's vid. I don't think I saw it anywhere else until IrishJedi's post.

Back