Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think their new logo makes perfect sense.

image.jpeg

I'm surprised no one has posted the announcement of WB officially christening "DC Films" and naming Executive VP Jon Berg and Geoff Johns as the 2 execs who will run it.

Especially since it's already being spun as "BvS Fallout" and some sites (like, who else... BMD) are viewing it as a victory for the anti-Snyder lynch mob. :lol

Not so fast. 2 Things...

1) This has actually been in the works for a while, which is why Johns co-hosted that weird (and, frankly, dumb) TV Special with Kevin Smith and why he even let the word out about "DC Films" at WonderCon (which apparently not one single media outlet picked up on or ran with).

2) Sorry to disappointment some of you, but it's not a sign that they're pushing Zack out. In fact, like naming Affleck Exec Producer it's the latter... these moves are being made in support of Zack, and Johns and Affleck are both squarely in his corner. He never wanted to be both a filmmaker and the "Kevin Feige of DC films", and so that weight is being lifted off his shoulders while at the same time creating a solid core team that can tell the execs at the very top of WB to back off (something which sadly did not happen on BvS). And Zack is keenly involved with the formation of DC Films. In fact, the new retro logo and branding was his idea (which probably explains why some of you hate it :lol ).

You know, it's very interesting being on the other side of some of this stuff and reading different articles and immediately knowing how full of crap many of them are. I have a new perspective on not only how some things work in Hollywood, but on how they're often (mis)perceived by the "professionals" who make a living covering it.

I think with Zack DC needs a brilliant story, kickass script, and then for them to tell Zack "now shoot this." I for one can't wait to see a world swarming with those flying alien dudes in the Knightmare sequence.

Back