Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2

I listen to John Murphys soundtracks all the time and I don't think the MOS piece is similar beyond being a building tempo moment.

I listen to John Murphys soundtracks all the time and I don't think the MOS piece is similar beyond being a building tempo moment.

Well that is fine. I just find that when I first listened to it I thought of 28 days later. When I listen to them back to back I hear the similarities with the notes the guitar plays and the march of the percussion. It's not that MoS is bad music... I am just not sure it's right for Superman Music.....

However let me stress that I have not seen the film so the music may fit the images on screen perfectly.

It's like Danny Elfman's Spider-man theme. It's not a total rip off of West Side Story's "Somewhere" But it's in there.

Last edited:

OK I just watched a new TV spot and it played a fuller more orchestral sounding version of Flight and I like how that sounds. It seems to fit.

I really liked MOS but for me Jor El, Zod & Faora were far more interesting than Superman.

Cavill was good an all but i feel that you could swap out any actor with the right look for Superman and it wouldn't make much difference.

So with that in mind, I'm more curious about how they'll continue without Krypton than immediateley anticipated.

Cavill was good an all but i feel that you could swap out any actor with the right look for Superman and it wouldn't make much difference.

Isn't that more of a Superman as a character problem? I can't recall too many ways it could be played and still have it feel like the noble, just figure he usually is. In fact, I thought it was kinda cool to see him struggle with his powers and how he fit into this world--always holding back.

Then again, isn't that how it should go?

Just like ASM now that the origin is out of the way we can finally get it going!

/high hopes.

Got an email tonight. WB wants to seriously fast track this. Zack was hoping to make another movie before a direct MOS sequel, but I don't know if that's gonna be possible now. Looks like everyone might have to dive right back into Superman.

(First world problems :lol)

Got an email tonight. WB wants to seriously fast track this. Zack was hoping to make another movie before a direct MOS sequel, but I don't know if that's gonna be possible now. Looks like everyone might have to dive right back into Superman.

Good to hear!! I am admittedly selfish and happy that he cannot make another movie and has to jump straight into MoS 2 as long as he isn't burnt out on the material and the sequel doesnt suffer because of it.

*cough* Make sure Lex Luthor isn't all about land again *cough*

Maybe give him one of those Kryptonian battle armor suits. *cough* *cough*

Good to hear!! I am admittedly selfish and happy that he cannot make another movie and has to jump straight into MoS 2 as long as he isn't burnt out on the material and the sequel doesnt suffer because of it.

He'll need to decompress a little after this intentional promo tour, but he still seems genuinely excited about it all and not burned out.

The rest of the Cruel and Unusual folks have other things to do in the meantime. Clay is off working on a Rob Reiner movie and I get to do PR stuff for GODZILLA between now and then for a nice change of pace. :hi5:

That's great. The film was fantastic and I want what's next ASAP. Zack nailed it big time I think. :rock

it's going to be called ..'the krypto-knight' and features kal-el's struggle with his addiction to smoking kryptonite. dc's version of demon in a bottle.

2010771379_superman_weed_xlarge.jpeg

Isn't that more of a Superman as a character problem? I can't recall too many ways it could be played and still have it feel like the noble, just figure he usually is. In fact, I thought it was kinda cool to see him struggle with his powers and how he fit into this world--always holding back.

Then again, isn't that how it should go?

I feel the character was written fine just that Cavill didn't give that immediate fit that RDJ and Andrew Garfield and Chris Hemsworth gave.

*cough* Williams theme *cough*

*coughgoodscript*cough

*cough* Make sure Lex Luthor isn't all about land again *cough*

Maybe give him one of those Kryptonian battle armor suits. *cough* *cough*

Here ya go

pic3.jpg

Yeah, really looking forward to Man of Steel 2, as long as they fire everyone involved in Man of Steel 1 (except that fantastic PR guy) and start all over again...
:lol

Back