Batgirl The Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batgirl - Written, Directed and Produced by Joss Whedon

It's the other way around, only recently have people started realizing the prequels weren't so bad compared to what Disney has been pumping out.

Excluding SS I'll keep regarding MoS and BvS as 2 of the best CBMs ever made, certainly the best of the last decade.

This is false.

This only proves they're good, especially when one sees the kind of """critics""" and audience that dislikes them and their respective reviews and opinions.

:lecture :goodpost:

You hate me, then you don't, YOU'RE TEARING ME APART ZACH!

tearingmeapartlisa.jpg

@TCPOC

not gonna get into it, gaspar and i had are words. :lol but it's more the execution of how they did them that left me disappointed. the story is fine for what it is though.

My biggest issue with Leto's Joker: more than the tattoos; more than the bling, is the innate lack of substance. I may call back to the former and how off-the-mark I felt he was visually, but, to my mind, those things only contributed to the biggest problem, in the sense that it was like he didn't have an off-switch. Like he kept trying to convince us that he was The Joker when there was little to nothing there. It seems like his whole "method" was to try and shock people into submission. "Hey guys. Look how Joker like I am, I just mailed my co-stars used condoms! Isn't that hilarious? Isn't that so edgy, you guys?" Likewise, with the tattoos; "Look, you guys, I'm The Joker! See? It says so right here *points*. See? Right there, on my chest, Joker! My name! And I've got my HaHas because I'm funny and I got this cool skull with a jester hat on. That was my first one. How badass is that? My mom got so pissed when I came home with that."

All of this convincing that was wholely unnecessary. If you come up with something good, the performance will do the work for you. Babe Ruth didn't have to call himself "The Greatest" to be considered the greatest, he was called that because he was a phenomenal player and his record backed that **** up. I hated the tattoos and stuff from the beginning, I won't lie to you. They were not a selling point. They were an obstacle to be overcome, and I was truly hoping Leto had the chops to overcome them. I was actually super excited when he was cast, but he just failed to hit the mark. It was just...weird and one-note. He'd try and codeswitch between emo gangsta and some subpar impression of old timey, White Heat Jimmy Cagney, and, in all, in many ways, he kind of reinforced the idea that Eisenberg's Luthor sort of conceived in my mind, which is that, whether intentional or not, they're creating villains that you hate to hate. Like, you can feel whatever seething sense of loathing Batman must have for this guy because he's such a *********.

With '89 and TDK, you're like "he's so bad, but he's so, so good," and then you get to Suicide Squad and you're just like "**** you. Go home, Jared. You're drunk."

What Batfan says. I think his whole thing started to lose steam when he started with his whole method acting, that's when everybody started to just nod and smile awkwardly at him; "Yeah Jared, that's nice, you're so Joker look at you ha ha you're so crazy he he" but I think everybody knew those were some major red flags right then and there.

Going back to Zach's question about the full album, I can only judge him for what I've seen, and that's what my opinion comprises.

Could he blow my socks off if I saw him some more? The possibility exists.

My biggest issue with Leto's Joker: more than the tattoos; more than the bling, is the innate lack of substance. I may call back to the former and how off-the-mark I felt he was visually, but, to my mind, those things only contributed to the biggest problem, in the sense that it was like he didn't have an off-switch. Like he kept trying to convince us that he was The Joker when there was little to nothing there. It seems like his whole "method" was to try and shock people into submission. "Hey guys. Look how Joker like I am, I just mailed my co-stars used condoms! Isn't that hilarious? Isn't that so edgy, you guys?" Likewise, with the tattoos; "Look, you guys, I'm The Joker! See? It says so right here *points*. See? Right there, on my chest, Joker! My name! And I've got my HaHas because I'm funny and I got this cool skull with a jester hat on. That was my first one. How badass is that? My mom got so pissed when I came home with that."

All of this convincing that was wholely unnecessary. If you come up with something good, the performance will do the work for you. Babe Ruth didn't have to call himself "The Greatest" to be considered the greatest, he was called that because he was a phenomenal player and his record backed that **** up. I hated the tattoos and stuff from the beginning, I won't lie to you. They were not a selling point. They were an obstacle to be overcome, and I was truly hoping Leto had the chops to overcome them. I was actually super excited when he was cast, but he just failed to hit the mark. It was just...weird and one-note. He'd try and codeswitch between emo gangsta and some subpar impression of old timey, White Heat Jimmy Cagney, and, in all, in many ways, he kind of reinforced the idea that Eisenberg's Luthor sort of conceived in my mind, which is that, whether intentional or not, they're creating villains that you hate to hate. Like, you can feel whatever seething sense of loathing Batman must have for this guy because he's such a *********.

With '89 and TDK, you're like "he's so bad, but he's so, so good," and then you get to Suicide Squad and you're just like "**** you. Go home, Jared. You're drunk."

I love u boi :hi5:

What Batfan says. I think his whole thing started to lose steam when he started with his whole method acting, that's when everybody started to just nod and smile awkwardly at him; "Yeah Jared, that's nice, you're so Joker look at you ha ha you're so crazy he he" but I think everybody knew those were some major red flags right then and there.

Going back to Zach's question about the full album, I can only judge him for what I've seen, and that's what my opinion comprises.

Could he blow my socks off if I saw him some more? The possibility exists.

He was like a poser joker doing the method stuff
What does a poser do? Tries harder than hell to make you believe they are not a poser.
Its like those people u see at concerts wearing 8 items of clothing with the bands logo on it and everything looks new and they are playing their music in the parking lot even though they just learned about the band 3 days ago.
Its like " yeah, we get it, you love sevendust.... calm down..."
The whole method acting screams "trying too hard"

Last edited:

I still want to do a Joker story where he's holding an open casting call for new henchmen, and accepting their rap sheets as résumés, and some dude just shows up looking exactly like Letoker.

"First question, right off the bat: what the ****, man?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Why is my name on your chest?"

"I'm a huge fan, sir. I just...I, uh, modeled myself after you in every way."

"In every way, huh?"

"Yeah, man, like, just, you know. I was reading about you and watching you on the news and **** back in high school, you know, and it just...you spoke to me, man."

"I'd like to say I'm honored, but...I really don't give a ****."

"It's cool, man, I just...I heard your crew was hirin', you know? An' I thought, like, 'wow, like, I was made for this ****," you know? Like, I'mma chase down mah dreams right her."

"Why are you talking like that?"

"Like what, sir?"

"SEE! Right there! Yes, sir, no, sir one minute, then 'I'mma be livin' that thug life' or whatever the hell it is the next."

"That's just the way I talk, sir."

"Well, you sound ****ing stupid."

"I-"

"-don't say anything."

"Huh?"

"'I don't say anything.' That's what you say."

"I don't say anything."

"You don't say anything."

"Well, why do you think you'd be an asset to my budding operation, here?"

"I'm a go-getter, I got dreams. My moms used to say that I was a shining star."

"Please tell me you killed her."

"Nah, fam. She lives in Florida."

"So, what have you done?"

"Well, when I was 15, like, me and my friend Gary, we got on our bikes, you know, and we'd, like, throw rocks at the neighborhood dogs and ****..."

"Oh, my god. Just-can I see your rap sheet? Like, just, give it to me, please."

"A'ight."

"Are you ****ing serious?"

"There a problem?"

"It says you shoplifted three cans of Four Loko from the Quick Stop on the corner of 13th and King Street."

"Yeah, man. **** is dope, yo! I mean, it was, like, a misdemeanor, and ****, but you shoulda seen the look on that pig's face when I started chuggin' that **** before he could arrest me."

"I just-Jerry, are they all like this?"

"Who?"

"The millenials."

"That guy?"

"Yeah."

"That guy's 40."

"Jesus Christ, man. Did your mom drop you on your head or something?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Fetal alcohol syndrome, right? Gotta be."

"What dat?"

"What am I saying? She's in Florida. Of course it is."

"So, did I get the job?"

"First of all, this was an experimental thing for me. I thought it'd be kind of funny, you know? Fake job interviews."

"Oh, yeah. Haha! You right, dog! That **** is LIT! It's hilarious, yo!"

"No, it really isn't. It...was actually kind of terrible, and I was very ashamed of even having come up with it."

"Oh."

"...and then I met you."

"And you was like 'you know what? This was actually a pretty dope idea, right? Haha!"

"No, I started trying to figure out ways to kill myself."

"Um."

"Here's the deal. I once tried to copyright fish with my face on it, you know that, right?"

"Yeah, man. I read about that **** on Wikipedia and ****, man!"

"Then you know I take my brand very seriously."

"Yeah, dog. I feel you. Gotta represent, know'am'sayin'?"

"Which means I can't have you running around there with my name on your chest."

"What? But-you're my idol."

"...and I don't want to be."

"Why?"

"There are a lot of reasons, but, mostly? Because you're terrible."

"Nah, man. I'm a shining star! My moms said so!"

"Wait? Do you have two moms?"

"What?"

"You keep saying 'moms;' do you have multiple mothers, because I watched this movie on skinemax the other day, and..."

"Nah, 'moms.' You know, like 'mom?'"

"YES, I KNOW YOU ****ING IDIOT. I'M JUST POINTING OUT HOW UTTERLY RIDICULOUS YOU SOUND."

"Oh."

"So, here's the deal. I'm a horrible human being."

"That's not true, man. You're just misunderstood. I know how that **** feels, too."

"Stop-now."

"'Ight."

"As I was saying, I am a horrible human being, I do bad things, and my initial inclination was to kill you, but you seem sweet, in your own, misunderstood, Forest Gump kind of way. I never did get your name, by the way."

"Oh, it's-"

"Nevermind. Don't care. Anyway, that's why I'm giving you the option to walk out of this alive!"

"You was gonna kill me?"

"All you have to do is promise never to mention my name in public, ever, and remove all derivations of my name, image, or just, anything you could associate with 'Joker,' really, from your body. That means Jerry there is going to cover 95% of your body in black ink. Don't worry. He's pretty good. He did all the tattoos at Blackgate, right, Jer?"

"That's right."

"Except that 'Damaged' there on your forehead. That you can keep."

"You like that, fam?"

"Not really, but I'm paralyzed by its authenticity, and I feel the rest of the world desperately needs to know exactly how true it rings."

"What?"

"You're an idiot. I'm saying you're an idiot."

"Oh."

"So? If you'll just walk into that room with Jerry, he'll get you all set up. And, I'm totally not going to lie to you, I am really looking forward to how much this will hurt."

Last edited:

shoplifted three cans of Four Loko from the Quick Stop

:lol :lol

These ginormous posts about the Joker are old and redundant. Maybe a thread dedicated to him would be better suited than the cinematic BG & Wheddon thread imo.

These ginormous posts about the Joker are old and redundant. Maybe a thread dedicated to him would be better suited than the cinematic BG & Wheddon thread imo.

Speak for yourself. I quite enjoy them.:lol

Back