Asmus Toys - Twilight Witchking 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. Sideshow now says April/May. Not surprising since there are only a few hours of March left!

Fine by me. He looks great and will be worth the wait!

Yes, I am OK with delays with everything going on. Gandalf looks fantastic; I hope to get a sculpt to go with my first Gandalf. I will be happy to have two Gandalfs!

Just been notified the Witchking was rejected by customs in Australia and sent back... bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand the tracking information provided. My figure supposedly shipped on April 1st and yet when I checked the tracker, it said that it was scheduled to depart from country of origin (Taiwan) on April 10th. Today it says April 20th. I guess they keep pushing the shipment back 10 days, every 10 days. Makes no sense.

TWK ship.jpg

I don't understand the tracking information provided. My figure supposedly shipped on April 1st and yet when I checked the tracker, it said that it was scheduled to depart from country of origin (Taiwan) on April 10th. Today it says April 20th. I guess they keep pushing the shipment back 10 days, every 10 days. Makes no sense.

View attachment 482850

Read that shippers like to fill shipping boats to the max before leaving a dock, so maybe it's "we are leaving this day, nope, gonna leave this day"....at mercy of the shipping company and weather as well, probably. Or ship maintenance etc.

Maybe it's the same with cargo flights as well.

Just been notified the Witchking was rejected by customs in Australia and sent back... bummer

??????? For not being "essential supplies"?

Thanks, Sassafras. That does make sense. Just curious, as it is going by Air Mail and even a 747-8F freighter aircraft would fill up rather quickly. Definitely faster than a container ship. 20 days seems like a long time, though.

Yep, Fly, I've had the same thing happen since my package left March 30. I have the same info as you now, Apr 20th scheduled to leave. Thank you, coronavirus.

Sorry to hear someone's package was rejected. I've never heard of that before. Scary.

Wor-Gar, I think you and I had a similar issue with previous figures but the hold-up was in L.A. Curious to see it happening in country of origin, this time.

Sorry to hear someone's package was rejected. I've never heard of that before. Scary.

I reached out to Asmus because my tracking had return information on it. Their explanation was it was rejected in Australia due to ?effects of Covid19?.
Asmus is going to repost once the postal service returns to normal so I?m good with that, far more worse things going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strangely, I just received another one of those order details emails from Asmus that still lists an unpaid balance, even though I did pay already and Asmus has shipped out my Twilight Witch-King last month. :lol

Unfortunately, my package is still waiting to get on a boat or plane to leave China... but I have a tracking number.

If Asmus reads this, is there a way to shut off these constant email notices?

Strangely, I just received another one of those order details emails from Asmus that still lists an unpaid balance, even though I did pay already and Asmus has shipped out my Twilight Witch-King last month. :lol

Unfortunately, my package is still waiting to get on a boat or plane to leave China... but I have a tracking number.

If Asmus reads this, is there a way to shut off these constant email notices?

Got it, I will pass on the message

So the twilight witch king arrived this day...
At the opening og the box he's really good looking, until I see they put him two right hands ! Bah... not that important, maybe Asmus can send me one left hand, they have never been problematic for this kind of things. The crown is in metal, very well sculpted, but all black. I suppose the trainee forgot to drybrush it ! I will have to do it by myself, not a big issue but there is a lack of quality control here. About the hair, it's funny he has no hair at all on the vertex of his head ! But anyway it looks good with the crown on.
Otherwise, as he comes he is a little raw, he will need some weathering and futzing. On the good points the head is very nice, even if I would have seen it less green and more white. It doesn't show that much on the pictures but in hand he's a little more ghoulish than twilight. The sword and the dagger are beautiful, with exquisite weathering on the handles and gorgeous aspect of the blades.
The robes are very nice with good looking fabric, and nice pattern on the sleeves. Nice effort. Will need some futzing but very good starting point material !
Overall a very nice figure, that will be great once futzed.
Be careful for quality control, (two right hands and no paint on the crown), more green than the prototype, but a nice addition to the line, thanks Asmus !
:)

IMG_6820.JPEG

IMG_6822.JPEG

IMG_6823.JPEG

IMG_6824.JPEG

IMG_6825.JPEG

IMG_6826.JPEG

IMG_6827.JPEG

IMG_6830.JPEG

IMG_6831.JPEG

These kind of figures always take some work to make the tears less "cut" and more ragged and weather them in the right way, like the Nazgul. They always look a bit pristine out of the box.

Was the crown supposed to be painted? Or because they went with metal, did that all change?

The crown definitely should have had some metallic highlights/weathering. And what happened to the hair on his head?

You can see the crown in this pic provided by Asmus earlier:

20191123_154515.jpg

And by the way, my tracker still shows mine haunting Taiwan since March 30th... I hope it finally ships out by April 20th...

Oh yeah, I do see the highlights now. I guess this "first batch" will not be including it... that means yours and mine, Fly.

I also like that bluish tint to the skin in the picture more than the greenish skin that he appears to be shipping with. But maybe in hand the putrid green will look more corpse-like and be... nastier on display. I'm still curious how I will ultimately decide to "weather and futz" this one. He seems to be a tangled mess in the movie, and I like that idea.

And by the way, my tracker still shows mine haunting Taiwan since March 30th... I hope it finally ships out by April 20th...

I'm right there with you. 21 days of just sitting. I feel like I'm doing the same thing here in stay-at-home mode.

I'm going to try and achieve this look with mine. Filth, water and starch.
75348ea240ecc9f71e071241d38339df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back