Asmus Toys - Twilight Witchking 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cuts on the robe are pretty cartoonish so I think this one I’ll require some real work to bring it up to scratch- especially if the crown comes unpainted.
Anyone order from KGHobby? I haven’t heard diddly squat about this figure from them.

Oh yeah, I do see the highlights now. I guess this "first batch" will not be including it... that means yours and mine, Fly.

I'm right there with you. 21 days of just sitting. I feel like I'm doing the same thing here in stay-at-home mode.

Really curious why it is taking so long to ship out. And yes, I'm going crazy with the stay-at-home mode... :google

Go crazy with the snip-snip scissors on the bottom hem and, yes, sandpaper is great to get the material ragged. Getting it wet, squishing it into a ball and leaving it overnight will give you good wrinkles too.

The cuts on the robe are pretty cartoonish so I think this one I’ll require some real work to bring it up to scratch- especially if the crown comes unpainted.
Anyone order from KGHobby? I haven’t heard diddly squat about this figure from them.

I didn't order this figure but KG is in Hong Kong and Hong Kong Post is not shipping to a lot of places at the moment, including USA and Canada.

Just checked mine. Still shows exactly the same info as before. April 20th shipment, which was a couple of days ago. But it doesn't appear to have moved yet.

Crazy to think that it's been over 3 weeks that it's been sitting in the same spot. Perhaps time moves differently in the wraith world?...

mine has been sitting since 4/1. It's okay though. I'm fine with an abundance of caution and keeping people safe.

Mine is now in the states and is out of LA after finally arriving on on 4/21. I also ordered mine after they started shipping out. Hopefully they will start moving for all of you soon.

I think we are well beyond the stage of "keeping people safe". March 30th shipment date pushed to April 10th then April 20th, which has passed and no update since. Just curious.

Mine is in LA! Processing today.

Now I'll either get it Mon/Tues OR 14 days from now if our customs now puts a hold on it. I'm hoping they make China do the holding now because they're so backed up with packages waiting for the virus to dissipate.

I still fear two right hands and a black crown.

Sideshow (where I've got my order) typically gets their allotment about a month after the direct shipments from Asmus. I wonder if that will remain roughly the same with all the disruptions. They still have him listed as shipping in April/May. April's not happening. Wonder if May is still feasible.

Now I'll either get it Mon/Tues OR 14 days from now if our customs now puts a hold on it. I'm hoping they make China do the holding now because they're so backed up with packages waiting for the virus to dissipate.

Hello Wor Gar, a strange thing is my figure has the same number than the one they showed on their fb page a few weeks ago. (101) And on their picture it seems to have a left hand ! Or maybe 101 is the number everybody will get and they don't really number the figures ?...
I also forgot to talk about the Morgul ring, with no black pupil. I'm a bit disappointed with two right hands, a black crown, a green skin instead of white... Ok overall the figure is nice but there is a lack of quality control.
I really like what Asmus make for their customers and I support the brand, I even ordered Faramir while I'm don't like very much the plastic vest, the jawline, and the sews on the tunic. But I hope the quality control remains ok and the production figures match the prototype better than for this Witch King.

IMG_6918.JPEG

king.jpg

IMG_6919.JPEG

The numbering issue was exactly the same with Elrond. Everyone got number 101.
I’m still waiting for KGH to get stock of this guy and hope they have actually bothered to paint the crown. You got hit with some pretty unacceptable oversights.

I wonder why the faux edition size of 1500 on these.... there's no way they will ever sell or even make 1500 of these. My guess is the actual size is 500, like some of their other less popular figures, and they likely manufactured half that.

I would bet there will not be too many of these figures around.

Just checked and mine is hanging out with your's in LA! Perhaps there are "7" others there, too, to complete the "9"... :wink1:

In other news, my Agent Smith has been touring LA for the past week... :impatient:

Back