Asmus Toys - Twilight Witchking 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guys!
I just took a small pair of thread scissors and made a lot of narrow cuts to the bottom of the robes.
I then took a piece of sand paper and lightly sanded all the edges, and roughed up the entire surface of the fabric.

The Twitchking has arrived!

Man, I really like this one. Very quick to set up out of the box. Love the portrait. The hair looks great. Metal crown and weapons are gorgeous.

Mostly, I really appreciate all the details in the costume. Because of the way the visual effects in the movie obscure a lot of the detail, it would have been easy to cut some corners on with the costume here. But Asmus has gone the extra mile with all the little frills and lacy bits. Stuff we never would have known were there in the real costume and wouldn't have even known to complain about if they'd skipped them. But they put them in anyway! Nicely done, folks!

(And thanks again for including the Pinchy Fingers hand!)

Yes, the zig-zag "fraying" of his robes is kind of cartoony and I'll need to give them some attention this weekend with some scissors and sandpaper, but that should be quick and easy. I'll also give his crown a light scuffing. But honestly, this one's pretty great out of the box.

Also, is this a new base body? It feels different. Lighter? Easier to pose? I'm not going to strip him down to find out, but I really like it.

EDIT: Ooh! And don't forget to put on his ring. He comes with two. They're metal and super tiny. They're in a little bag underneath the extra wrist pegs. For a piece that tiny, they're pretty detailed!

Last edited:
The Twitchking has arrived!

Man, I really like this one. Very quick to set up out of the box. Love the portrait. The hair looks great. Metal crown and weapons are gorgeous.

Mostly, I really appreciate all the details in the costume. Because of the way the visual effects in the movie obscure a lot of the detail, it would have been easy to cut some corners on with the costume here. But Asmus has gone the extra mile with all the little frills and lacy bits. Stuff we never would have known were there in the real costume and wouldn't have even known to complain about if they'd skipped them. But they put them in anyway! Nicely done, folks!

(And thanks again for including the Pinchy Fingers hand!)

Yes, the zig-zag "fraying" of his robes is kind of cartoony and I'll need to give them some attention this weekend with some scissors and sandpaper, but that should be quick and easy. I'll also give his crown a light scuffing. But honestly, this one's pretty great out of the box.

Also, is this a new base body? It feels different. Lighter? Easier to pose? I'm not going to strip him down to find out, but I really like it.

EDIT: Ooh! And don't forget to put on his ring. He comes with two. They're metal and super tiny. They're in a little bag underneath the extra wrist pegs. For a piece that tiny, they're pretty detailed!

Congrats still hafta wait on mine to pay off. Noticed with pics the careful costume detailing - which for me is REALLY appreciated. I don't usually collect villains but think I will put him with MOS. Then I need one more villain for a little display group - Sauron for preference. Tho Saruman would work too.

Uhhg. He's looming over me right now. Demanding snacks.

Buddy. You need to give me a minute. I'm working.

What do you mean, you want a red one? There aren't any red ones in this pack.

Look, do you want the M&M or not?

IMG_1163.jpg

God, there's nothing wrong with it! They all taste the same! Yes, they do! Just eat it!

I don't know if this working from home thing is going to pan out.

Uhhg. He's looming over me right now. Demanding snacks.

Buddy. You need to give me a minute. I'm working.

What do you mean, you want a red one? There aren't any red ones in this pack.

Look, do you want the M&M or not?

View attachment 485124

God, there's nothing wrong with it! They all taste the same! Yes, they do! Just eat it!

I don't know if this working from home thing is going to pan out.

So awesome. :lol

The fingers on the sword holding hands are sculpted without gaps, so I can?t put the ring on as in the prototype pic. I assume everyone?s are like this. Has anyone cut the ring finger to allow the ring to go on fully?

TwilightWitchking_protoHand.jpgTwilightWitchking_productionHands.jpg

I don't have this figure but I used to cut the finger all the time when I exclusively collected military figures to make a trigger finger. IF you are going to do it go slow and take your time so you don't slice yourself or slice unnaturally into the finger itself.

The fingers on the sword holding hands are sculpted without gaps, so I can?t put the ring on as in the prototype pic. I assume everyone?s are like this. Has anyone cut the ring finger to allow the ring to go on fully?

View attachment 485996View attachment 485997

Yes, you may need to cut it...
We have finger crossed for this separated ring accessory design,
it it cool to be an accessory rather than part of a hand, but the minus side is that some hand may not fit.

20200521_164116.jpg

hi, this is a how it looks,
we use knife only, just scratch it, once the paint if off, you get the nice gloss of the metal itself showing,
don't worry about hurting the crown itself, it is quite strong, also, loosing a little smooth edge fit the image of Ringwraith as well

Back