Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - Guardians of The Galaxy - Backstage Pass - TF Preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Guardians of The Galaxy - Collectible Figurines

Amazing to think that is something in the neighborhood of $1,200 worth of action figures. No wonder companies are scrambling to get into the high end 1:6 market and HT is dancing all the way to the bank. They do look great. I'm sure there will be a Peter Quill/Starlord portrait. I guess if these do well we'll see Nebula, Ronan and maybe Thanos.

I think your estimate may be a little high.

I really hope there's a way to pose Rocket on top of Groot

I can't fight this feeling...deep inside my soul...uma chacka uma uma uma chacka...

The way HT is pricing their figures nowadays, it could possibly go up to that range. If it's $200 per figure, that's already $1000. Add $20-$40 here and there depending on their capabilities and accessories, it could very well reach $1200 for the entire set of 5, but hopefully not.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Guardians of The Galaxy - Collectible Figurines (Team Teaser Shown

Think there is any chance that Rocket is fully articulated?

The way HT is pricing their figures nowadays, it could possibly go up to that range. If it's $200 per figure, that's already $1000. Add $20-$40 here and there depending on their capabilities and accessories, it could very well reach $1200 for the entire set of 5, but hopefully not.

There's now way Rocket will be $200

I could see the price being right around $1000 give or take $50, but not $1200

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Guardians of The Galaxy - Collectible Figurines (Team Teaser Shown

Good god which one do i start with?! I wonder if star lord comes solo and then gamora/drax, rocket/groot come in doubles? I'm guessing a double pack for those would be about $350 and star lord would be $209 or something.

Think there is any chance that Rocket is fully articulated?
They're all fully articulated. You can see joints on Rockets wrist and the rest is covered by the bodysuit.

Always impressed with how Hot Toys knocks the outfits out the park. Starlords jacket looks awesome.

1/6 Hot Toys - Guardians of The Galaxy - Collectible Figurines (Team Teaser S...

This is some very good news to wake up to [emoji2] Even after staring at the pic for a good 20 minutes now, part of me still doesn't believe we're actually getting the whole team

Groot will obviously cost more than the others. And sense Rocket has a new body, not expecting much of a discount

I hope we get a Pratt portrait.

Groot will obviously cost more than the others. And sense Rocket has a new body, not expecting much of a discount
Think this is going to be an expensive team overall. Drax has his own modified body. Gamora has her body painted green. Groot has a whole is a sculpted figure on it's own. Rocket also has its own modified body. The only one that's using a normal TT is Starlord.

Hope they offer a bundle for this line.

For the sake of argument let's say $1000 - $1,200 worth. I was figuring that Groot might be on the more expensive side due to height and R&D of an original "body". However maybe the lack of a costume will pull that price down. Maybe RR might come in at $150 because of small size or maybe there will be a 2-pack bundle deal with RR and Groot (however some folks might just want one or the other). Starlord will probably be around $229, Gamora might come in at $189-$199 based on the price for Black Widow and Drax will probably be around $239. So the bottom line is the team is probably going to run you at least a grand, which is not terrible in this hobby. Most folks would still say it's a lot of beans for 5 action figures.

Good time to be a Marvel Studios Hot Toys collector, for sure. They sure know how to show those movies some love.

Oh nice Batista body looks great.

I'm in for Star Lord as of now.

Oh nice Batista body looks great.
Batista just left wrestling again, so I guess he's on to start movie promotion. If there's one thing I may have a hard time with on this movie, it's trying to take Dave Batista seriously.

"I wasn't given what I was promised! I QUIT!!!"

Back