AMOK TIME BSG UPDATE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Cylons star in a SW/BSG crossover.

Page_1-3.jpg

Page_1-5.jpg

I put an Apollo head on a BBi G3 neckpost (with modification, mind you), but worked out OK.

You can actually use the head, mounted on a G1 neckpost and mounted on a G3 and it works great. I've converted dozens of figures that way.

Sticks, your pix rule as always my friend. I may have to have you photograph all my stuff for me so it looks GREAT!!!

Cylons look pretty good! In your pics the chrome doesn't look real clean, is that just the dark images, or a difference between the new and old?

Cylons look pretty good! In your pics the chrome doesn't look real clean, is that just the dark images, or a difference between the new and old?
IMG_8960-1.jpg

I popped another quick one, they look brighter in person. I guess my faux chrome is getting battle worn. Every time I clean them they loose a little luster. I forget how old these are. Maybe two years? I couldn't find their real weapons when I these shots.

I don't think AT changed anything with their Cylons. Except add the skirt.

I saw the new Cylons today and thought it looked like the upper chest armor fit better. I know the armor on the new figures didn't have all the plastic burrs on the edge like the first releases.

I never noticed the chest armor being low until after I snapped and posted the picture. I wonder how these will sell. I know they had a tough time pushing them years ago at $29. so I guess we'll see. I might pick up another silver later on if they go down. Anyone have the Gold?

New Starbuck, Apollo, Athena, etc. are up on Sideshow's site. Starbuck and Apollo look pretty much the same as before. Weren't they supposed to be updated somehow?

New Starbuck, Apollo, Athena, etc. are up on Sideshow's site. Starbuck and Apollo look pretty much the same as before. Weren't they supposed to be updated somehow?

As far as I know, only the gold and silver cylons were being updated from their earlier Majestic releases. Starbuck and Apollo should be identical, so no need to pick them up if you already own the Majestic versions.

As far as I know, only the gold and silver cylons were being updated from their earlier Majestic releases. Starbuck and Apollo should be identical, so no need to pick them up if you already own the Majestic versions.

Starbuck and Apollo are both supposed to be reissued with new, actor accurate sculpts.

Starbuck and Apollo are both supposed to be reissued with new, actor accurate sculpts.

That may have been the plan at one point, but it's looking like they changed their minds since then. How else can you explain that Apollo, Starbuck and Adama are all being sold at discounted prices compared to the new human figures? My guess is that there was quite a bit of overstock left over when Majestic bit the big one, and Amok Time is trying to clear some out.

However, that doesn't mean that they won't release new versions of those characters later on. One can only hope...

That may have been the plan at one point, but it's looking like they changed their minds since then. How else can you explain that Apollo, Starbuck and Adama are all being sold at discounted prices compared to the new human figures? My guess is that there was quite a bit of overstock left over when Majestic bit the big one, and Amok Time is trying to clear some out.

However, that doesn't mean that they won't release new versions of those characters later on. One can only hope...

Just relaying what I heard when I spoke with the PTB last week.

I was really looking forward to re-sculpted Apollo and Starbuck...hopefully they are still in the works. I have the Majestic versions, and they are pretty good figures, but the headsculpts just don't compare to Athena, Boomer, and Tigh. I fear they are going to look a little out of place alongside the rest.

I was really looking forward to re-sculpted Apollo and Starbuck...hopefully they are still in the works. I have the Majestic versions, and they are pretty good figures, but the headsculpts just don't compare to Athena, Boomer, and Tigh. I fear they are going to look a little out of place alongside the rest.

It'd be nice if they could re-work the body for these new releases, too. They're considerably under-articulated when compared to most 1:6 scale bodies, including the old Buck. Some of the accessories need re-tooling as well, as I don't believe I was able to get Starbuck's helmet on over his hair.

My guess is that these initial orders for Starbuck, Apollo and Adama are to clear out remaining Majestic stock. Amok Time is probably waiting to see what kind of demand exists for the newer characters before shelling out the cash to have those heads resculpted.

I'm also pretty sure the pictures for Athena, Boomer, Tighe and Cain are the exact same ones that Majestic was using before they went under. At this point, I'd like to see production photos of the actual headsculpts before I place my orders. Who knows? Maybe they HAVE resculpted Apollo, Adama and Starbuck as promised but are still using the old promotional photos to solicit orders. If so, it's a bad move on their part.

I actually display my Starbuck with his helmet on, because I thought the Likeness was rather dodgy. I had no problem with the apollo sculpt, I'm just not overly keen on the screenprinted braid and lack of quilting on the uniforms... and then there's the microscopic buckles on the jackets.....

It'd be nice if they could re-work the body for these new releases, too. They're considerably under-articulated when compared to most 1:6 scale bodies, including the old Buck. Some of the accessories need re-tooling as well, as I don't believe I was able to get Starbuck's helmet on over his hair.

My guess is that these initial orders for Starbuck, Apollo and Adama are to clear out remaining Majestic stock. Amok Time is probably waiting to see what kind of demand exists for the newer characters before shelling out the cash to have those heads resculpted.

I'm also pretty sure the pictures for Athena, Boomer, Tighe and Cain are the exact same ones that Majestic was using before they went under. At this point, I'd like to see production photos of the actual headsculpts before I place my orders. Who knows? Maybe they HAVE resculpted Apollo, Adama and Starbuck as promised but are still using the old promotional photos to solicit orders. If so, it's a bad move on their part.

Actually, the old (Majestic) bodies were close to the Buck body, lacking only the wrist articulation, which Amok has now rectified.
The Athena, Boomer, Tighe and Cain are new Amok sculpts, as is Lucifer. I saw them at the 2008 Toy Fair and they are awesome. And, while I would have preferred blasters that don't bend, the size was perfect and I have several of the original Starbucks & Apollos and all of the helmets have fit them fine.

Back