AMOK TIME BSG UPDATE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I hate to seem like I'm questioning everything you say, as that's not my intention, but your information seems to conflict with mine. :peace

I was collecting the Majestic figures as they were orginally released, pre-ordering them direct from Time and Space Toys months before their release. And shortly after Starbuck was released, they had up images for pre-orders of Tighe, Boomer, Athena and Cain. Now, remember that this is before Majestic went belly up and Amok Time took over the license. Heck, I don't even think that Amok Time existed back in 2005. Anyway, the pictures of their pre-production figures were identical to the ones Amok Time is now using.

Now, I'm not saying that Amok Time hasn't since resculpted the heads, but the pictures they're using would appear to be the same pre-production figures that Majestic was showcasing. So, is it possible that Amok Time simply acquired Majestic's molds? Not to sound too paranoid, but it wouldn't be the first time a company exagerrated the truth in order to drum up publicity and interest for a licensed property.

I like 80's BSG

I fell in love with re-invented

But cant afford the Athena, Cain, Lucifer, Boomer etc from the 80's

Bought the original Cylon from Majestic a while ago, just bought another Re-invented Cylon from Quadcent and now the Amoktime Apollo

Idea being that Ive 3 custom re-invented BSG's in the pipeline

Apollo, Starbuck, Baltar

Ive now got 80's

Apollo (pictured below), Starbuck on order, Havent seen a Baltar from Amok and slightly recall a Baltar from Majestic

Now im Umming now over a 4th Cylon

Have 2 reinvented Cylons, one 80's version on my shelf

and if I do get a second 80's do I go for silver to match my Majestic one or opt for the gold, Like the skirt on the silver though

So ill have 1 from 80's and re-invented

Apart from the 80's cylon heres where Im up too :

DSCF5460.jpg

Problem is Id love a SIX but where the 80's equivelant for that ???????

Last edited:
Man, I hate to seem like I'm questioning everything you say, as that's not my intention, but your information seems to conflict with mine. :peace

I was collecting the Majestic figures as they were orginally released, pre-ordering them direct from Time and Space Toys months before their release. And shortly after Starbuck was released, they had up images for pre-orders of Tighe, Boomer, Athena and Cain. Now, remember that this is before Majestic went belly up and Amok Time took over the license. Heck, I don't even think that Amok Time existed back in 2005. Anyway, the pictures of their pre-production figures were identical to the ones Amok Time is now using.

Now, I'm not saying that Amok Time hasn't since resculpted the heads, but the pictures they're using would appear to be the same pre-production figures that Majestic was showcasing. So, is it possible that Amok Time simply acquired Majestic's molds? Not to sound too paranoid, but it wouldn't be the first time a company exagerrated the truth in order to drum up publicity and interest for a licensed property.

No problem.
I collected the original Majestic releases as well. I have to admit, I don't remember any advance images of actual figures for Tighe, Athena or Cain. I vaguely recall one for Boomer but couldn't honestly say what it looked like.
At Toy Fair the new BSG figures were on display in an awesome Galactica bridge display. I was told that the new figures of Athena, Cain, Boomer, Tighe and Lucifer would all be sporting a new body, similar to Majestic's but with improved articulation. That being most notably at the wrist. I was also told that Apollo & Starbuck would be re-released with actual likenesses of Hatch and Benedict. In addition, they stated that new characters were all being sculpted by the same great sculptors that did the SFM Trek heads.
I do believe Amok existed in 2005 but it was solely as a store/mail order facility. They jumped into the actual figure making business in 2008.

No problem.
I collected the original Majestic releases as well. I have to admit, I don't remember any advance images of actual figures for Tighe, Athena or Cain. I vaguely recall one for Boomer but couldn't honestly say what it looked like.
At Toy Fair the new BSG figures were on display in an awesome Galactica bridge display. I was told that the new figures of Athena, Cain, Boomer, Tighe and Lucifer would all be sporting a new body, similar to Majestic's but with improved articulation. That being most notably at the wrist. I was also told that Apollo & Starbuck would be re-released with actual likenesses of Hatch and Benedict. In addition, they stated that new characters were all being sculpted by the same great sculptors that did the SFM Trek heads.
I do believe Amok existed in 2005 but it was solely as a store/mail order facility. They jumped into the actual figure making business in 2008.

Interesting. I hope it all pans out for Amok, as I'd love to have better versions of Apollo, Starbuck and Adama to put on display. The current figures look okay, but the heads remind me of department store mannequins instead of actual human beings.

I can live without Boxey and Muffitt, but is there any chance we'll ever see Jolly in 1:6 scale?

Interesting. I hope it all pans out for Amok, as I'd love to have better versions of Apollo, Starbuck and Adama to put on display. The current figures look okay, but the heads remind me of department store mannequins instead of actual human beings.

I can live without Boxey and Muffitt, but is there any chance we'll ever see Jolly in 1:6 scale?

Jolly would be a must, but a Colicos Baltar would absolutely ROCK!! I'm working on a custom Jolly and Iblis to help fill out the line. Hopefully sales are good and the line can continue. I think this new reimagining version has taken some of the interest away from the classic version. :monkey2

Jolly would be a must, but a Colicos Baltar would absolutely ROCK!! I'm working on a custom Jolly and Iblis to help fill out the line. Hopefully sales are good and the line can continue. I think this new reimagining version has taken some of the interest away from the classic version. :monkey2

Agreed. He's gone from a power-mad megalomaniac to an spineless, oversexed opportunist with delusions of grandeur. The John Colicos Baltar, however, is one of the classic sci-fi baddies. His figure would need to come with his rotating throne.

For Iblis, are you using one of the Patrick MacNee headsculpts from the Avengers figures or doing your own sculpt?

Agreed. He's gone from a power-mad megalomaniac to an spineless, oversexed opportunist with delusions of grandeur. The John Colicos Baltar, however, is one of the classic sci-fi baddies. His figure would need to come with his rotating throne.

For Iblis, are you using one of the Patrick MacNee headsculpts from the Avengers figures or doing your own sculpt?

A rotating throne should be easy enough. :rolleyes:
Iblis is using an Avengers base Steed head.
Then there's always the Imperious Leader...........

Amazon has the Majestic Starbuck and Apollo for $25, which is actually really Amok Time just through Amazon. I've had Starbuck in my Wishlist for a while, but I was holding out to see if the new Amok Time versions were really going to be re-done as rumored. But since it looks like they're the same, I might as well get it cheaper at Amazon.

I really hope Amok Time follows through with the new and improved Starbuck and Apollo. The long delays for their other new Galactica released makes me nervous, but in the end, if they never release a new Starbuck, Apollo (and a Baltar), at least we know we can always commission our own heads, but I hope we won't have to.

It's a strange place to be, having them offer the other characters from the show first, because I am reluctant to plunk down money on any other characters without a nice looking SB and Apollo to spearhead the line. At the same time, you know sales on the other figs will effect whether there is any others, so it's a catch-22. Ugh!

I am optimistic from what I was told that the redone heads will come to us. And, if for some reason they don't, we can always petition another company to jump in. Hell, I never thought the Apes line would get restarted by Hot Toys, but.... :rolleyes:

I thought it took balls for Amoktime to jump in with new characters instead of starting over, like most companies would have done. I don't imagine the new Apollo and Starbuck will come out until most of the Majestic line is sold out. The sculptors plan to do the heads regardless of weither they get produced or not, if only for their private collection. They are building quite an amazing assortment of figures I would consider taking a life to own. Some of their heads were on display at NYCC including the BSG heads. Lucifer was not dsipalyed as they are still tweaking and refining that sculpt. The Batman stuff really rocks.
https://nycc09.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=714&size=big&cat=

The Apollo, Starbuck and Adama shown on the Sideshow store seem to be the Majestic Versions.
But why are they marked as Pre Order?
And why order from them for $40 if you can get the figures for $25 from Amoktime?

I have been collecting the Majestic Figures and I have been waiting for Athena and Boomer
for several years now. So I hope they will be finally released this year.
The new characters should be released first.

I was a bit disappointed that first the Cylons were re-released although I can understand that they are the
most popular characters. But most collectors probably had them already.
And Amoktime should have improved more than just the skirts
(e.g. they should have corrected the belt buckle).

I agree that the sculpts of Apollo and Starbuck could have been better. But before re-releasing
those characters, Amoktime should try to finally get those new characters produced
(which seems to be hard enough, considering the changed release dates).

I see that Amok Time has Starbuck and Apollo on sale, like JKM mentions above. It does seem pretty ridiculous that Sideshow has them on pre-order and full price when you can get them immediately AND cheaper from Amok Time. Could they be trying to clearance the old Majestic stock in order to make room for the new sculpts?

I'm very tempted to get Starbuck, but I know I would have to fix his jacket and change out his body.

Holy crap!:monkey5 The Batman and Star Trek heads look awesome and the Superman head looks great too (kinda Alex Ross like). Where can I get those?

Damn, those sculpts are great! Love the Joker, having him and the West Batman would really round out the display.

Kirk is also especially awesome, by far the best sculpt of him I've seen. Ironman seems to have hope these will be released one day, I for one hope he's right :lecture

superb

Im looking now for a Dirk Benedict and Richard Hatch Sculpt to make over my Majestics, anyone any recommendations ?

I'm told that if there is enough support or the new figures, Amoktime plans to release new versions of Apollo and Starbuck. This info from the sculptors who did the heads for the new figures.

"I see that Amok Time has Starbuck and Apollo on sale, like JKM mentions above. It does seem pretty ridiculous that Sideshow has them on pre-order and full price when you can get them immediately AND cheaper from Amok Time. Could they be trying to clearance the old Majestic stock in order to make room for the new sculpts?"

This would make sense as they would likely be stuck with all the Majestic stock if the new versions turned out better.

Last edited:
Back