AMOK TIME BSG UPDATE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear that Amok will be doing the classic Cylon better justice...still boggles my mind how Majestic released him out sans skirt.

Not going to buy these but glad to these type of prices-50$is in the right price range.

G'day all

Here is a bit of updated information on the Amok Time Cylon-

Amok Time: 2008/09 Cylon Centurion Commander Gold Version

The cycloptic mechanical menace known as the Cylons are one of the greatest threats to life and freedom in the cosmos. The villainous Cylons will return in September! Each fully articulated 12in collector's figure, includes chrome parts, Sword, Blaster, Rifle and all new classic styled BSG box design!

goldcylon1.jpg

goldcylon2.jpg

goldcylon3.jpg

enjoy :)

Hmmm... doesn't look like they did much updating to the original figure. The skirt helps, but I wish the armor was more accurate.

Silver version as well :)

Amok Time: 2008/09 Cylon Centurion Silver Version

cylonsilver1.jpg

cylonsilver2.jpg

cylonsilver3.jpg

The skirt looks great, but I'm disspointed as well that they didn't correct the armor sculpt. It's a nice fix, but not enough for me to buy the figure a second time.

Reworked/accurate armor with a light up 'eye' probably would be, though :)

I do like the silver skirt though, that looks pretty cool. Still probably not enough for a purchase.

And shouldn't I have Gort and Klaatu by now? We're moving into month 2 of their delay :tap

I think there was a review on MWCtoys when it was first released... basically looks just like the above image, but w/o the skirt.

Silver version as well :)

Amok Time: 2008/09 Cylon Centurion Silver Version

cylonsilver1.jpg

Yeah, other then the skirt and the placement of the dagger, I can't see anything that has been updated on this at all.
I thought they were going to update them? :confused:

Here's Michael's review of the Silver Majestic Cylon:
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_042505a.htm
And a quest Review of the Exclusive Tower Records Majestic Gold Cylon:
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_042005b.htm
The Majestic one from Michael's review:
review_bg12_3.jpg

I'll pick up the Silver one since I only bought the Majestic Tower Gold Cylon.

They might have repositioned the armor a bit too... looks like it fits better on the new figure. There was too much fabric showing in the first release.

It doesn't look like the visor lights up either :(

That would be worth updating for. :rock

Still no info of their updated Apollo and Starbuck sculpts? :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

If they use the same sculptor that did the new wave of classic BSG heads, I think they will turn out great. Hopefully they can do a few others like Baltar and Jolly. I passed on the Cylons the first time because I didn't care for the human portraits on the companion figures. I preordered all the new figures so I will probably get a couple of the silver Cylons to go with. I appreciate the effort that was made by AmokTime to upgrade the Cylon. I imagine it would have been somewhat cost prohibitive to retool the whole thing. The new wave of human figures is in the newest Diamond Previews so hopefully the figures are only a few months away.

Back