AMOK TIME BSG UPDATE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the skirts wrapped further around the Cylons. I have two of the Cylons released a few years ago. I don't see too much that was updated. AmokTime made it sound as if the were really updating this guys. What gives? They didn't do anything major. I'd expect a light up visor and maybe a better articulated body.

I thought the skirts wrapped further around the Cylons. I have two of the Cylons released a few years ago. I don't see too much that was updated. AmokTime made it sound as if the were really updating this guys. What gives? They didn't do anything major. I'd expect a light up visor and maybe a better articulated body.

:rotfl

Forgot about that...when I stripped my Cylon down, it was basically a black Buck body. It looked very, very, very similar, but I don't think it had Sideshow markings on it.

That's cool. Never could so much get in to the classic series, but I'm a big fan of the current one. I would love some good 1/6th figures from that. Are you listening Sideshow?

As far as I know the new "re-imagining" is not on the board. The Apollo and Starbuck redone sculpts are due by years end. The updates to the Cylons were never said to be major. They should be getting the new body and the skirts to make them more screen accurate. redoing the whole armor may not have been cost effective being as the molds were already done.

That's cool. Never could so much get in to the classic series, but I'm a big fan of the current one. I would love some good 1/6th figures from that. Are you listening Sideshow?

Thats a shame,,,,,the classic series was quiet up there for its time, back in the 80,s it was one of my all time favourites up there with the SW Trilogy each too there own though...............:D

Thank the Lords of Cobal!

Don't think they've shipped anything out yet... all of their pre-orders got delayed by months so I would imagine BSG fell into the same category.

I was interested in getting a Starbuck and changing his body with a Buck. (That's right, a buck! You wanna make something of it?!? ;) ) Does anyone know how tough it would be to change or alter the head and any other manipulations I would have to do?

Edit: Okay, I might consider other bodies if I could find them on the cheap...

Last edited:
Shouldn't have any trouble. Just be sure to heat up the head (either leave in hot water for a bit, or use a hair dryer) to soften it before pulling it off the neck post. The original release figures by Majestic were on a body nearly identical to the Sideshow Buck, big difference was the the lack of a wrist joint.

I was interested in getting a Starbuck and changing his body with a Buck. (That's right, a buck! You wanna make something of it?!? ;) ) Does anyone know how tough it would be to change or alter the head and any other manipulations I would have to do?

Edit: Okay, I might consider other bodies if I could find them on the cheap...

The inside of the head on the Majestic offerings need a bit of "widening" to get them onto other bodies. Very possible though. I switched out 1 each of my Apollo and Starbuck to better bodies, Sideshow and DML to be precise.

The clothes fit well enough on just about everything except the old GI Joe bodies, which makes them a little baggy. The only photo I have right now is of the custom "Zac" I made on a Buck body.

Perfect! Thanks! Amazon has Starbuck for $25, but it looks somewhat generic. The 2 reviews on there aren't kind. I thought a new body might gussy it up a bit.

Starbuck is on a buck body. As far as the outfit goes it's ok, the shirt is a little big but it may work well with a Hot toys TT. The figure is nice for the
20.00 bucks i paid for it , but it doesn't compare to the stuff thats out there now. By the way Amoktime time has Starbuck for 29.99 and Adama, Apollo and Starbuck for 59.99, not bad for 20.00ea.

Here are my two Cylons... :)

Cylon1.jpg

Cylon2.jpg

Back