AMOK TIME BSG UPDATE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironman1188

SO BE IT
Reaction score
I can't find the thread we were discussing the Cylons in but according to the Amok Time site:
Q: Are you guys Majestic Studios?
A: No. In case you haven’t heard, We are Amok Time. After the unfortunate end of Majestic Studios we wanted to make sure that someone continued their great line of Classic Battlestar Galactica action figures. That someone is US. Amok Time will continue the Classic BSG line thru 2010. We are improving the original Majestic Cylon’s, Both Silver and Gold, so that they are more accurate then the original release. We will be adding the Cylon’s skirt, the one part of their distinctive uniform, that was missing from the original Majestic release.

So much for asking the source. But, I'm glad they decided to add it!!

I hope they can get a better looking Cylon, I owned the first version in silver and sold it after a month since it just didn't look right.

They have a preview up of the Lucifer sculpt, looks so-so from the thumbnail.

hotnewbsg2.jpg

Maybe they'd be interested in picking up another line?
Say, Star Trek? :D

I am wondering the same thing. With all the cr@p Diamond gets approved, I can't fathom why those 12 inch TOs Trek figures can't get made by somebody. Meanwhile I intend to support Amoktime if the are going to make figures of the calibur of what I have seen so far. One can only hope they are successful with their lines so they can pick up more license. If the new BSG sculpts come back from the factory looking as good as those prototypes, I'll be very happy.

I think Gentle Giant must have the rights since they have that Pickard figure they keep tormenting us with.

This is great news about the classic series BSG, but I hope that they also decide to continue with the current series.

I was lucky enough to pick up the latest (and last) Majestic 1/6 Cylon Centurion Premium figure, but he is rather lonely without other key members of the cast :lol

This early shot of a 1/6 Lee Adama prototype was looking real nice, too bad it never happened. I hope these new guys can get it back on the table.

leeadama.jpg

Here's hoping :idea

That's pretty cool. Glad I held off on the classic Cylon. I really do hope they restart the new BSG figs, would help immensily for uniform search. And if the sculpts suck, we will commission new ones. :rock

Why oh why, with so many great companies making fantastic figures nobody has the will to give us great Star Trek figures?

Athena looks wonderful!

I was thinking that Athena was Anne Lockhart, but that doesn't really look like her. It does look like Maren Jensen, and you're right Athena should have the blue uniform on.

Shouldn't Athena be in the blue officers uniform rather than a Colonial Viper Pilot Uniform ?

I think they are getting her confused with Sheba.

I thought the same thing at first. Then I went back and watched a few episodes and Athena does wear the Viper pilot outfit on occasion. Doing Athena in this outfit paves the way for Sheba and possibly Serina who both wore pilot outfits. At least it provides a female pilot costume for customs, in case Sheba isn't made by Amok Time.

scan down page for photos of Athena in pilot garb

https://images.google.com/imgres?im...86&prev=/images?q=athena+bsg&gbv=2&hl=en&sa=G

Last edited:
Just wondering if anything has been said or shown that I've missed about the new Starbuck and Apollo heads Amok Time said they were going to do since Toyfair. I don't even see any mention of them on Amok Time's site now.

All I gotta say is if they weren't doing them, classic Starbuck and Apollo would be getting commissioned in a flash! Now we play the painful waiting game I guess. Maybe at SDCC?

Back