AMOK TIME BSG UPDATE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My pre-order at Amoktime has not been cancelled. At least they did not tell me about it!
But I guess this does not mean anything: Amoktime did not answer any of my mails either.

Well, at least my collection is complete then. And I am running out of space anyway,
so no new figures is, in some way, good news for me...

I can't even access my pre-order on their site, since they redesigned it. But I'm not exsctly holding my breath, either...

So did the improved Cylons ever get released? I was interested in getting one, but wasn't sure if they ever came out and if anything other than adding the skirts was changed.

So did the improved Cylons ever get released? I was interested in getting one, but wasn't sure if they ever came out and if anything other than adding the skirts was changed.

They were both released, but other than the metallic skirt I couldn't see a single improvement over the Majestic versions.

Too bad... I never knew how off the armor was until I saw a comparison on-line. After that I just couldn't be down with them :lol

Well yeah... I think that goes w/o saying :lol

I may still try and get one, just to have in the collection. But I just wish the chest and back pieces had been larger as the figure looked very off because of it.

Still, for the price you really can't complain too much :lol

I was just looking at a couple of ebay auctions for these. The old Majestic versions seem to go fairly cheap, and some lunatics are asking anywhere from $70-$250 for the Amok Time versions!:cuckoo:

So the only difference is the box art and the missing skirt on the Majestic? Otherwise everything is the same?

So the only difference is the box art and the missing skirt on the Majestic? Otherwise everything is the same?

As far as I could tell, those are the only significant differences. Mind you, I only took a few minutes to inspect the Amok version on the shelf of my local comic book store, so it's possible I missed some tiny little detail.

Thanks for the response, El Skutto.

I can live with that if it means getting the Cylon extra cheap. It's not a great figure but it's decent enough to represent the character.

I have both versions. With the Amok Time version his thigh armor is also made out of a different material, a little nicer but not a big deal. A skirt is easy enough to add yourself. I say go the cheaper Majestic way!

Amok Time advised the line has been cancelled. I preordered thru Time & Space Toys paying $257.00 paypal up front. My mistake. Now Time and Space Toys will not return my emails or calls. Does anyone live near Time & Space Toys PA. I really want a refund but paypal says too bad as 45 days have elasped. 45 try 2 plus years.

Back