1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash - Supergirl Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean besides a second sculpt not really sure what she would have come with. Hot Toys was never going to do the prison look and a separate body for it. That would be more something a third party might do.
I don't see why not. I mean if they did a deluxe Boba Fett that included both his tusken and returned look from The Mandalorian, I don't see why they waste time to perfect a sculpt when they can also add a few more accessories. Last time hot toys added new accessories at the last minute was when they did their Rey figure from Rise of Skywalker. Buyers were surprise to get her yellow lightsaber when they unboxed her. It would be cool for if they do end up releasing an updated sculpt for Supergirl, they all reannounce the figure as a deluxe.

I think what we are seeing now could be a Plan B. Had the movie been a total box office smash, I am willing to bet real money that there would be a second exclusive version of Supergirl with a second sculpt for the angry heat vision. But because it turned into a total box office stinker, HT dropped the second sculpt and all accessories (maybe the missile or the metal pipe?) and came up with this barebone release in a rush? Maybe, just maybe?

Unfortunately, adding a lightsaber, or a different chest plate for Iron Man is at a completely different price point that a separate head sculpt. The work and tooling involved are drastically different. They have already announced a product and fixed its price. I don’t see them adding a second sculpt at this point without taking a big loss on this.

I don't see why not. I mean if they did a deluxe Boba Fett that included both his tusken and returned look from The Mandalorian, I don't see why they waste time to perfect a sculpt when they can also add a few more accessories. Last time hot toys added new accessories at the last minute was when they did their Rey figure from Rise of Skywalker. Buyers were surprise to get her yellow lightsaber when they unboxed her. It would be cool for if they do end up releasing an updated sculpt for Supergirl, they all reannounce the figure as a deluxe.
Star Wars sells better than DC and Boba Fett is a popular character. Simple answer.

Even then that Boba Fett two pack is sitting in stock and has been discontinued multiple times.

If they did a two pack of Supergirl (even with a better sculpt) it would probably sell no better and probably worse honestly.

Do you guys really think they will revise this?

I know they did with Tom Holland and a few others, but those are MCU big ticket items. I'd hate to have ordered this only to get that Barbie (from Wish) quality head on what is otherwise a pretty damn good figure. Between this mess, the fact Hawkeye (from the series) that was teased LAST summer? and the STILL not revealed (maybe cancelled) John Wick are all up in the air make me lessen my faith in this company more and more.

I know they did with Tom Holland and a few others, but those are MCU big ticket items. I'd hate to have ordered this only to get that Barbie (from Wish) quality head on what is otherwise a pretty damn good figure. Between this mess, the fact Hawkeye (from the series) that was teased LAST summer? and the STILL not revealed (maybe cancelled) John Wick are all up in the air make me lessen my faith in this company more and more.
Yeah I don't see them changing the sculpt, they might change the hair and add makeup to this prototype, but who knows if any added makeup will show on the downgraded production figure. If Kate Bishop turns out as good as the prototype (or hopefully better) despite them obviously not caring much about the Hawkeye series license, I'll be more optimistic about this. I hope I'm wrong!

Last edited:
I think HT will probably not address it until months later when the noise on this has died down quite a bit. Then they might slip in a couple update shots around Christmas or New Year or a few months or weeks before release. This fiasco has put this fig on the map, if HT does not address this and the final product is unchanged, then people will talk and the internet will likely pick up on this (on a slow day) then it will make HT look double bad (if people still remember, a year or so from now)

I think it's worth preordering and then cancelling if they don't fix anything lol, if you're willing to lose a deposit. That's what I and others are doing, and even if it turns out poorly at the very least it'll probably still be better than most 3rd party heads at least in terms of quality, and the rest of the figure other than the head looks nice lol

Last edited:
The criticism is justified.,and I really do want to buy this figure,but improvements must be made.

Attachments

• IMG_5716.jpeg
    IMG_5716.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 0

My guess is that both Renner and Reeves would definitely have a say with their likeness rights which would require significant back and forth approval process, whereas with this figure, given the disappointing returns of the film and the fact that the actress has not done any big projects before, it have HT the opportunity to rush announce a really inferior product.

If anything, HT should revise the figure just so Sasha has something new to carry around :)
Haha yes.

Even though I have absolutely NO PART in the creation of any of these figures, when I first saw the headsculpt on this I felt a little embarrassed by the thought of what Sasha Calle would think/feel when first setting eyes on this figure and seeing this headsculpt.

It's impossible to know anymore with HT. Given their history they're just as likely to revise it as to release it as is, and there are just as many arguments for either side.

I'm definitely not expecting a full redo though like we got with Peacemaker, but more likely just some small tweaks similar to what they did with TROS Rey. Or ANH Han.

It's a year plus before this is released, if the stars align. I say HT sits it out and says nothing. They'll let the talk die. I doubt they want to do anything to improve this figure. At most I think they'll see if paint apps improve the sculpt; release it and move on. HT will probably have the smallest run they can with this figure. This may become a highly sought after figure.

I really want to like this figure, but... yeech. This looks like the lovechild of Kate Mara and a Cro-Magnon caveman...

Agreed, will wait and see if they revise the sculpt before pulling the trigger. Not even a small run could convince me otherwise...

Why do they put the hair so high up and add that weird straight-up transition section between brow and the where the hair bends? Hair does not look like that. It's so weird and makes it look like she's wearing a wig.

Lowering the hair and getting rid of that transition fixes a lot of things. Now it doesn't look like she's wearing a wig on top of her normal hair. Now it just looks like her hair.

456208-456053-FB-IMG-1688157606794-1-1-1.jpg

Another thing. Glad HT has gone away from the constant frown/angry look of their sculpts. Was NEVER a fan of that.

Last edited:
There are so many things off on this sculpt that people have pointed out and I think the face can be helped by better paint app, but the hair needs a new sculpt for sure. HT has done tons of hair style changes over the years between proto and final product. I think HT will likely take that route again to save time and money.

There are so many things off on this sculpt that people have pointed out and I think the face can be helped by better paint app, but the hair needs a new sculpt for sure. HT has done tons of hair style changes over the years between proto and final product. I think HT will likely take that route again to save time and money.

By covering 65% of her face for the rainy sky scene. That should lower production costs.

Back