1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like Justin would be the first to do a side-by-side comparison with the original and he’s…having some difficulty with his supplier at the moment! 🤣

If he does one it'll look identical even if it isn't. Flooded with bright white lights and backdrops.

Yeah I’m in the same boat I might just cancel. I regret selling my BD one years back. I have to be more selective. I really love robocop and Peter Weller as an actor. Maybe I’ll just grab a Mafex and call it a day.

Yeah i don't see how in hand photos will look any better if the blogger photos show pretty much the same figure as last time. This is a case of false advertising by hot toys. They told us it would have new paint and they for some reason chose to do this rehashing crap instead. They are so lazy! If a modder can paint iridescent then how can a company like HT not do it with all their resources? :slap

Yeah I’m in the same boat I might just cancel. I regret selling my BD one years back. I have to be more selective. I really love robocop and Peter Weller as an actor. Maybe I’ll just grab a Mafex and call it a day.

You should do that anyway, those are incredible (little) figures.

I mean look, if someone never bought the MMS202 I'd say to them go ahead and buy this. Provided there are no other unpleasant surprises - and there might be, like crumbling joints - then this figure was always a fantastic sculpt with excellent display options and revolutionary posability considering the notoriously limiting movie suit.

But if someone does have MMS202 this figure now has nothing to recommend it unless you care about the Robocop 3 gunarm and jetpack. And that's the frustrating and confounding thing. Hot Toys could have had us all buying this. Now they will only have a subset of buyers. They've shot themselves in the foot.

Yeah i don't see how in hand photos will look any better if the blogger photos show pretty much the same figure as last time. This is a case of false advertising by hot toys. They told us it would have new paint and they for some reason chose to do this rehashing crap instead. They are so lazy! If a modder can paint iridescent then how can a company like HT not do it with all their resources? :slap
I see this argument a lot, and while I'm not defending HT or this figure, it's important to acknowledge that mass producing a product isn't simple and can pose different challenges than a customizer creating a one-off. Cost is the big one, but just as an example: it's easy for me to make a blueberry pie at home, but McDonald's can't make blueberry pies for their restaurants because they literally could not source enough blueberries worldwide to do so. That's just the weird reality of operating at that scale.

That said, ability doesn't appear to be the issue here. The figure does have the iridescent highlights. The issue is just that the base colour is wrong--and since the S1 Mando has basically the same base colour as an accurate Robo would, it's hard to see why it couldn't be done here.

You should do that anyway, those are incredible (little) figures.

I mean look, if someone never bought the MMS202 I'd say to them go ahead and buy this. Provided there are no other unpleasant surprises - and there might be, like crumbling joints - then this figure was always a fantastic sculpt with excellent display options and revolutionary posability considering the notoriously limiting movie suit.

But if someone does have MMS202 this figure now has nothing to recommend it unless you care about the Robocop 3 gunarm and jetpack. And that's the frustrating and confounding thing. Hot Toys could have had us all buying this. Now they will only have a subset of buyers. They've shot themselves in the foot.
I'm keeping this because one day they dreaded clear plastic may strike my MMS202--and this does appear to be at least a (very) minor improvement.

Enterbay remains the crowned king of Robo action figures, though.

Check out the old MMS10 from 2007 (not my pics).

IMGP3214.JPG

IMGP3223.JPG

IMGP3230.JPG

IMGP3228.JPG

IMGP3249.JPG

IMGP3258.JPG

Is that the new one or the original release? Genuinely can't tell the difference.

How about you all wait for in hand impressions before freaking out?

Uhm, cause experience?
IF HT offers a product update, they make it official. On this they didn't and they falsely advertised this titanium this and perlascent that and didn't deliver.

Justin's good, but the Sideshow videos shows extremely neutral white light, which brings the silver big time.
If it would've been gunmetal, oder titanium...it would've shown.

And quite frankly: in recent years HT has done NOTHING for the fans in terms of rectifying mistakes.
Biggest one I know is ED-209 2.0. I love this thing, but he's been delivered with the same trash rubber they always use and
weeks after delivery here cracks reported that looked like Death Valley on it's head.
Mine too and the COMMUNITY did what they good to preserve and prevent.

Hot Toys, officially, only said something in the veins of: "Oh, yeah. Sorry, but we're doing nothing.
You bought this, so enjoy."

Someone took this photo from the HT store, this is NOT prototype

375945237_10160239371877054_6053310158338032587_n.jpg

Like I said a few posts ago: under dimmed light the hues come out better, but here we see that there are more hues.

But what we also see is the BIG difference between the jetpack and the armor.
Don't get me wrong: there should be a difference, but not as glaring AND it's just not what HT advertised.
Plain and simple.

Unbenannt.JPG

Ha! I know, I need to go back and rewatch it. I seem to remember Robocop2 being even darker and more violent than the first film.
No it’s not. It tries to be and fails. But it’s a great film compared to 3 :)

RoboCop has a difficult paintjob to replicate, that's absolutely true
This thread may have been posted before, and covers a lot of specifics about the various colors of the suit.

I remember when I bought my first hot toys, it was about $170, now they’re easily hundred dollars more than that for a regular basic figure. At the time there was no competition toys. Now we have Companies like Inart’s that seems to surpass hot toys.

Back