1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^The chin-guard sitting too low in that pic too. :slap
In the Sideshow video? The mouths are sitting too high because people always forget to open up the chin strap, set the mouth place down in as far as it will go, and then strap it in. If you push it in from the top without undoing the chin strap the mouth will sit too high. I've been guilty of this myself, and it looks like that's what's going on in the Sideshow video.

But the armor color definitely looks exactly like the original Chrome Cop. It'll take a side-by-side with the original to settle it, but if it's any less chrome...it's like a 10% difference.

I own every Robocop figure ever made.

The cheap toy companies like NECA, Mafex, etc have better looking paint than what Hot Toys have pulled out of their ass here. It’s not hard.

Their Battle Damaged Robocop is really good . . . and not Diecast. Dunno why they have so much trouble with a regular old Robocop. All they need to do is make a 1/6 Action figure (drop the Diecast, clear plastic sockets and rubber) and paint it really nicely and it would be perfect. Same thing with ED-209. Eliminate the voice box, the rubber dome, gasket gator sockets and up the quality of the plastic and you’d have a great collectible in your hands. Robo and ED have great sculpts but the manufacturing process fails them every single time. It’s just so unnecessary.

Way to over design and over complicate things you morons.

The mouthpieces skin tone is too dark as well and the face plates don’t seem to be as prominent and lacking detail of the Murphy in the 1st HT’s Robocop, looks like they have toned the FP’s down to me.

Will SSC refund NRD's over the color difference?

Or do I have to wait to have it in hand?
I would absolutely try it. I was able to get my deposit back on that Ash William's that came out a while back due it looking like straight crap. All they can say is no.

Will SSC refund NRD's over the color difference?

Or do I have to wait to have it in hand?
Anything is possible if you make a compelling enough argument. I've had them refund a few NRDs, and I might be doing the same with this one. I've delayed my final payment until next month so that gives me just over a month to hopefully see some in-hand reviews and make a decision.

Thank you all.

I may just wait and see, but it's not looking very different from Chromocop. At least not the color they use as a description.

Looks like they found a bunch of spare parts from the MMS202, gutted the electronics and cobbled this together 😅

Regardless I’ll wait until it goes on sale and get another one.

This would explain all the lack of in hand pics/reveals early on?

We'll the company isn't named "Hot Art" 🤷

Tbh it's actually a terrible name that has aged like milk. They're not children's toys obviously. And that's what a toy is for. Children.
It really is a terrible name. Mention it to a random person without context first and they're think you're talking about a different kind of adult toy.

We'll the company isn't named "Hot Art" 🤷

Tbh it's actually a terrible name that has aged like milk.
Even if they were called Hot Art their recent releases would still look like this when compared to the source material
IMG_1490.jpeg

The colors are slightly different from the video compared to these photos from HT FB, maybe SS used a white backdrop? It's not blue/purple enough by any means, but it's pretty close to the "real" prototype I saw in the HT store.

However, the photos in the official webpage are undoubtedly misleading , The prototype I saw wasn't that blue/purple

375966501_696869862477029_4654314047764805786_n.jpg

377935585_696870335810315_4011415992115454232_n.jpg
375968973_696878549142827_7967445900026921647_n.jpg

376763082_696870035810345_8973144095442727706_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the white lighting in SS's vid doesn't help since it's just reflecting complete white.

Imagine HT pulling another batman begins where the early batches are ****ed and they fix the suit color in later ones.

Last edited:
Back