1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that is the color I want to get in the end. Hope they will deliver
We know they CAN, because their original beskar Mando had exactly the paint job you would want to see on R1/R3 RoboCop.

If they copy that exactly, it'll be perfect. Who knows if they will, though.

Sideshow has a video feature on their channel.

R.gif

apparently, I have to follow the sideshow channel

Hello guys, is this guy still available somewhere? Any authentic stores that still got this bad boy? Many thanks

Even if it is waitlisted on every last site (and apparently both are waitlisted on Sideshow) there are plenty of things that can/will happen.

First, Sideshow could still up their order depending on how many HT are actually manufacturing. Unless this is that rare case where they aren't producing as many as are in-demand, because it's rare for HT to sell out in pre-order alone. Typically they want to be able to list these months after the launch and continue selling them.

Second, there's always a period immediately after selling out that you can find them for retail prices from second hand sellers. You'll likely see some listed by merchants straight out of Hong Kong, so just keep your eyes open and don't wait too long.

Third, if you aren't on the waiting list then you should be. No doubt somebody out there is going to cancel their order on this, so no doubt we'll see some conversions.

Thank you so much guys for such detailed responses 🙂
Second, there's always a period immediately after selling out that you can find them for retail prices from second hand sellers. You'll likely see some listed by merchants straight out of Hong Kong, so just keep your eyes open and don't wait too long
But please tell me do you mean to look for it on Ebay when it is released? Right bro? Sorry I've just started as a collector so please guide me a little about how things work in this hobby 🙂 thank you once again

Ebay, any place with buy+sale+trade listings. As I said, there's typically a period following an item selling out that you can still find it for reasonable retail prices if you look around. When I started collecting some 1:6, I picked up a couple that had recently been unavailable from normal sites right here.

In a typical case, Sideshow (and other official retailers) places some initial order with HT then begins taking pre-orders. If the pre-order count nears the initial order, then you may see them marked as 'low stock' or waitlisted on the site. So long as they're still in the pre-order phase, Sideshow could simply increase their order. In most cases, HT are basing their production off those figures so they'll manufacture more, and on so they'll be in stock for some months after the launch.

There were some rare cases where a HT could sell out in pre-order status and must have set a lower finite quantity. There's no way to tell if this is one. Maybe the fact it's diecast could mean HT aren't committed to manufacturing as many as some runs.

I suspect Sideshow are being more conservative with some of their initial orders lately, we've seen a lot more of them going to waitlist status during pre-order phase. And a lot of cases of them constantly marking down the old inventory on sale, which is probably what they're hoping to avoid. Some of these have been sitting for years and they can barely move them. Just my two cents on it.

Ebay, any place with buy+sale+trade listings. As I said, there's typically a period following an item selling out that you can still find it for reasonable retail prices if you look around. When I started collecting some 1:6, I picked up a couple that had recently been unavailable from normal sites right here.

In a typical case, Sideshow (and other official retailers) places some initial order with HT then begins taking pre-orders. If the pre-order count nears the initial order, then you may see them marked as 'low stock' or waitlisted on the site. So long as they're still in the pre-order phase, Sideshow could simply increase their order. In most cases, HT are basing their production off those figures so they'll manufacture more, and on so they'll be in stock for some months after the launch.

There were some rare cases where a HT could sell out in pre-order status and must have set a lower finite quantity. There's no way to tell if this is one. Maybe the fact it's diecast could mean HT aren't committed to manufacturing as many as some runs.

I suspect Sideshow are being more conservative with some of their initial orders lately, we've seen a lot more of them going to waitlist status during pre-order phase. And a lot of cases of them constantly marking down the old inventory on sale, which is probably what they're hoping to avoid. Some of these have been sitting for years and they can barely move them. Just my two cents on it.
Thank you so much dear brother for such a thorough response. Now I understand, thank you :)

Is this guy still available on any US based website my friends?
I would wait for people to get it in hand, the original version was WAY too silver (Chromocop). You may end up paying a bit more, but if this version is as poor as the previous release, you'll have dodged a bullet.

I had mine repainted, so while not perfect, it's a lot better. If this turns out great, my money will be flying out of my wallet. If it has the same issues as the first, my current is quite adequate. :)

I really want this but got burned on the last one with that paint job. They're not gonna catch me out a second time., I'd rather pay more after release.

I would wait for people to get it in hand, the original version was WAY too silver (Chromocop). You may end up paying a bit more, but if this version is as poor as the previous release, you'll have dodged a bullet.

I had mine repainted, so while not perfect, it's a lot better. If this turns out great, my money will be flying out of my wallet. If it has the same issues as the first, my current is quite adequate. :)
It’s the exact reason I didn’t preorder, the concern that the paint job won’t be much different to the version I already have.

The description says purplish paint. I can't remember if their robo 2 said the same. Probably shouldn't rely on their wording. Color is probably the hardest part to nail, PO now would be a coin toss. Though I'm tempted as I do no own any robocop piece and would love to add him to my collection.

Hope Robocain gets a revisit as well. Too cool to not get an update.

Back