1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So wait, this new paint app should be closer to how he was in Robocop 1? I thought he was silver in Robocop 1?

Come on Hot Toys, we DESPERATELY NEED the Boddicker Gang!!!

6771FBBC-1079-40A6-B8FE-EBCD52358940.jpeg

He’s missing the battle-damaged helmet from the original release but otherwise yeah.
That really sucks honestly. What's the point of providing a Robocop 1 battle-damaged chest without the corresponding damaged helmet? The chest by itself now comes across totally random - neither accurate to Robocop 3 nor usable for an accurate Robocop 1 display unless you're OK with (what we tentatively assume will be) an obvious paint-mismatch with the helmet from MMS202/3. A real missed opportunity there to enable (again what we hope will be) a proper Robocop 1 paintjob for both clean and BD appearances.

Except that they are using Weller's portrait....at least the lower half. This is the exact same figure minus the sound chip. They just added a couple of accessories.....

View attachment 591765
Right, they're using the same Robo sculpts, including the human lips, which likely don't constitute a complete likeness of Weller. The other two figures in the original line were unmasked, but this is essentially just a pair or generic lips, even though we know who it is. I sincerely doubt they had to pay Weller for this. Should've been re-sculpted to better represent Burke, but that's not what HT is doing here. They're selling you R1/2 Weller Robo, but paying for the R3 license. It's a weird mish-mash of a figure, meant to minimize their costs.

The way I see it, this is supposed to be R3 but they lazily reused the R1 mouth and damaged chest pieces, rather than them trying to sneak in an R1 figure under the R3 license. So instead of adding the damaged helmet, they should have created a new damaged chest.

Glad that they've got the weller mouths so that this can double as R2. R3 was a cash grab travesty and I could not care less about the R3 accessories that this includes, but the weller mouths plus the improved blue paint job still make this quite appealing.

I wish it would have been targeted as Robo2 though. Could have included Cain's ripped brain as an accessory, and the battle damaged helmet. I'm sure most would also prefer getting an unmasked face over the R3 gun arm. And imagine if, instead of the jet pack, we got a rubble base with Robocain's claw sticking out.

Nobody on earth was asking for Robocop 3 before 2. Makes me wonder if this is a scheme by HT to capture all the sales of people wishing for a revised paint job, and then in a couple years release yet another reissue with accessories that the majority actually wants.

xXGiRfBl.jpg

c7koS5X.jpg

I was looking at the specifications, and they seem to highlight the new paint apps as a special feature.

"iridescent colored painting in a purplish blue scheme;" and

Special features on armor:
  • Metallic purplish blue colored painting
I don't remember the previous version mentioning the color of the figure as a special feature, which makes me believe that HT heard the previous complaints about armor color.

Hopefully this means they get it right this time, otherwise it's false advertising, since they are specifically mentioning the movie accurate iridescent color as a special feature, unlike the previous figure.

That really sucks honestly. What's the point of providing a Robocop 1 battle-damaged chest without the corresponding damaged helmet? The chest by itself now comes across totally random - neither accurate to Robocop 3 nor usable for an accurate Robocop 1 display unless you're OK with (what we tentatively assume will be) an obvious paint-mismatch with the helmet from MMS202/3. A real missed opportunity there to enable (again what we hope will be) a proper Robocop 1 paintjob for both clean and BD appearances.
Agreed 100%. I’d rather stick with Chromecop than trade up and lose the battle-damaged helmet. I use it all the time.

DSC_0408.jpg

DSC_0399.jpg

Agreed 100%. I’d rather stick with Chromecop than trade up and lose the battle-damaged helmet. I use it all the time.

View attachment 591797
View attachment 591799
Look at that figure. That was an A game release. Even seeing his eye, and that's Weller's set of teeth.

I really am stoked HT are releasing Robo again. I really hope they take another look at Terminator now too, I would be happy with a reissue.

According to Gregor Punchatz, the guy who painted the 1st suit, there should be some clear pink on the armor. In real life, the 1st suit was painted with a photo reactive mint green paint that looked more bluish-metal color when filmed. I think the purples were mainly used in RC2.

Back