1/6 Hot Toys - Prey - Feral Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up at Sideshow for $395. Ouch!
supernatural-star-jensen-ackles-oof-reaction-dsycrfhkdk3y5xgf.webp

That's how much the first 1/4 figures cost. Guess if they make a Jungle Hunter in that scale now (and I still hope they do), it'll be $1K.

Holy cow what?! It's not die-cast or has any artisan traits--why so expensive!!?
Yeah I dunno. A lot of their recent announcements (like the entire Ahoska series and the John Wick figures) have been priced surprisingly low after a few years of it looking like $300+ was going to be the going rate for a regular-ass figure, so I'm surprised this is pushing $400. The last Predator I bought was ten years ago for $220. I get that he's quite large and the paintwork is very intricate - I guess that's what's driving the price?

Unique body and everything from head to toe on this figure being a one off is probably driving the cost up. It's like not this has anything that can be used for any other figure. Body was sculpted from scratch specifically for this. Will grab it when I can use a discount code on it down the line. Hopefully this gets some sale to let Hot Toys know people want more Predator based figures. Really need a new Jungle Predator and a new Dutch.

0bb1572f00aba66c62fb45e0e366e49a.jpg

I would have preferred the jointless torso similar to the venom/carnage bodies and an interchangeable BD arm and mandible could have easily been included.
View attachment 671114
Regardless of how unpopular the redesign is, you can't deny that HS is on f***ing point :LOL:
View attachment 671115
While I find the opposite to be true for the OG design I believe the Feral actually looks cooler with its mandibles flared ☝️🧐

Yeah, can’t see them thinking they can make sell many of these guys and mostly everything is a one and done piece on him so I sort of get it.

Good thing I only have a couple more PO’s left with Sideshow. So once I get all of those RP’s added to what I already have, blowing them all on this figure will help it feel not so bad.

Yeah, not getting this. It sucks because what I do want may not get made due to how this figure sells. Understand the cost, but not something I would even consider spending such money on. If it was $300 with shipping and tax perhaps. Through SS it would run me about $445 without any discount. Not upset with SS or HT about price; it is what it is. I just can't justify the cost. Kind of like the discussion in the Mondo MacReady thread. That's at a character I care about enough to consider certain prices.

pretty darn cool. I really enjoyed that movie and I'm definitely interested in the figure, but I don't know if I want it enough to pay the asking price. That's a pricey boy.

If the price was lower, I would have already pre-ordered. The figure looks great, and I want it. But at this price, I feel convinced to hesitate. I think if they have a good deal on it in the future, I will get it.

An argument can be made regarding the custom body and price of similarly sized figures, but in the end, each individual figure is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. And at this price...I am not willing.

Last edited:
Yeah. She-Hulk is also a unique body, also tall, and costs $95 less.
Could it be licensing costs? The NECA version is also pretty spendy at $40. I know inflation is a thing, but in 2006 that could get you a 12" McFarlane Predator made of solid plastic.

Back