1/6 Hot Toys - Prey - Feral Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's tons of variation to human phenotype.

Most of us who are right in the head accept that and recognize that's a normal part of our species.

I don't see why Predators as a species wouldn't have just as much phenotypic difference as we do. That's why the general appearance of lizard man with four facial limbs and head tentacles is really all you need, I think.

I do feel like they drew a little from that early prototype design for the Predator when creating this look, though.

I like it, and it's okay that many of us do.
To be fair the difference between Feral and Stan Winston's Predator is far far greater than the difference between human races.
What you're describing in your comment fits Jungle Hunter and City Hunter better. Clearly the same species but different skin tones etc.

If you and others like Feral's design, that's fine, nothing wrong with liking it.

To be fair the difference between Feral and Stan Winston's Predator is far far greater than the difference between human races.
What you're describing in your comment fits Jungle Hunter and City Hunter better. Clearly the same species but different skin tones etc.

If you and others like Feral's design, that's fine, nothing wrong with liking it.

No denying there's a big difference between Winston's prototype and the final product. But that's why I used inspired, not lifted, or copied.

Even if we leave that out, we're still in the same ballpark. We could even take a step back and say that these predators are in the same genus, different species. Polar bear vs Brown bear etc. City Hunter is just more closely related to Jungle Hunter. This didn't seem to be an issue with the AVP Predators and they are certainly just as distinct compared to Jungle Hunter.

I dunno, I see this as a sidestep in design, much the way the Alien became the Warrior visually in the films.

No denying there's a big difference between Winston's prototype and the final product. But that's why I used inspired, not lifted, or copied.

Even if we leave that out, we're still in the same ballpark. We could even take a step back and say that these predators are in the same genus, different species. Polar bear vs Brown bear etc. City Hunter is just more closely related to Jungle Hunter. This didn't seem to be an issue with the AVP Predators and they are certainly just as distinct compared to Jungle Hunter.

I dunno, I see this as a sidestep in design, much the way the Alien became the Warrior visually in the films.
For me it's that Winston Preds and Feral shared a common ancestor 2 million years ago. Different branch on the evolutionary tree but still related.

I think the "Drone" from Alien looks a lot more like the "Warrior" from Aliens than Feral looks like Jungle or City Hunter.

I could believe that Scar, Celtic etc could be closely related to Jungle and City but from a different environment.
Wolf is clearly meant to be a Winston "Classic" Pred. Just not as competently executed by ADI as Winston did his.

The Super Preds are a different sub-species. There are distinct but similar enough I can see them as a subspecies.

Preds from "The Predator" are disqualified due to silly hybridisation antics.

Personally I don't class Feral as a Predator. He's just too different.
Distantly related to Preds but something as entirely.

In isolation, he's a cool design, I just don't think he's a good Predator design.

For me it's that Winston Preds and Feral shared a common ancestor 2 million years ago. Different branch on the evolutionary tree but still related.

I think the "Drone" from Alien looks a lot more like the "Warrior" from Aliens than Feral looks like Jungle or City Hunter.

I could believe that Scar, Celtic etc could be closely related to Jungle and City but from a different environment.
Wolf is clearly meant to be a Winston "Classic" Pred. Just not as competently executed by ADI as Winston did his.

The Super Preds are a different sub-species. There are distinct but similar enough I can see them as a subspecies.

Preds from "The Predator" are disqualified due to silly hybridisation antics.

Personally I don't class Feral as a Predator. He's just too different.
Distantly related to Preds but something as entirely.

In isolation, he's a cool design, I just don't think he's a good Predator design.
If Winston Preds are Home Sapiens and Feral is Home Erectus, then we're trying to justify that it only took 300 years for Feral to evolve. :lol

I think we over analyse why we get the Predator designs we do. For me it's a case of; those that have tried to design a Winston Pred, CAN'T achieve it and those that have no respect for Winston Preds, WON'T do it.

Feral face looks like a retarded fish. Period. That's why it doesn't hold up to the OG. Mask on, he's cool AF looking. I'll be going mask on only for any Feral figures. Others can love the face and free to display how they like. The movies out, can't change it now haha.

Been collecting these Hot Toys Pred’s since the original AvP ones and displaying their faces have NEVER been an option. Never even bought the maskless variants of their figures when McFarlane were the only game in town too.

But that sucks we have to wait a few more days longer for this PO to open. I need that countdown to start already.

As overrated as I think Wolf is, he's definitely ADI's best Predator. Suit moves well, has good proportions, close enough to the Winston originals to be displayed next to them. It's a shame he can't close his mandibles properly, but at this point the majority have that problem. :lol

As overrated as I think Wolf is, he's definitely ADI's best Predator. Suit moves well, has good proportions, close enough to the Winston originals to be displayed next to them. It's a shame he can't close his mandibles properly, but at this point the majority have that problem. :lol
Overrated?! :thud::thwak :lol

:bow
8600787-1654384521323.jpg

So in lieu of the Feral being announced and the likelihood of Naru being made almost zero I’ve decided to commission her. I’ll be starting an official interest list for her soon!
I'd love to see what you come up with. Sean Dabbs and Viola are working on one too. Though they have released Freddy and Lidia since they were showing progress, I feel like she is on their backburner.

Back