1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Die cast > 100% plastic in my experience and opinion.

I have the 7 (and will keep it because of weight/being in flight pose situation in dio) and had the BD 7.

All in all may be the best IM to date- iconic. The colors and details are just spectacular. This is the one.
Sell out very soon so better grab this before secondary prices...

fda61169ec633acfc336095b895b6845.jpg

71a31516e5cf2ce19fb4ff76f94df9be.jpg

5d1dd4dc59e9dc4fcb963dd70412aa00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad people have come around to the VI armor. I remember most preferred the IV for a very long time but this seems to be gaining popularity over time.

I've always really loved this armor. Maybe its the blocky nature. Maybe the triangle RT. Maybe its because it has many great scenes in 2 movies.

The III will always be my favorite because of the impression it made in that first movie, and also because I love the bulkier look. But this one is probably a very close second now.

3, 4, and 6 are my favourite ‘classic’ armours. The rest are either too busy or too organic looking.

I really love the bold colour contrasts in the 47.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone tried abit of wax paper in arc, see if its looks light up when not and fills up triangle more? how are eyes when leds not on? look ver dark in some pics hoping they are much brighter than that and white even w/o leds on is noticeable?

the ex helmet for tony to hold would be sick if he came with the un-helmeted sculpt.

I was just saying if you are displaying them together, or any two IM together, it's the best option (I know of) instead of batteries. You *can* wire 2 off it, but you don't have to. Yes they are wired together, but you can pull the wires from the hub if you need to work on/position one. But they are still attached at the figure.

The SOAP has little insert dummy batteries that replace the real batteries. Works via remote control. Pretty cool.

Go to 4:20 of this vid:

Where can I buy one of these Soap Reactors?

anyone tried abit of wax paper in arc, see if its looks light up when not and fills up triangle more? how are eyes when leds not on? look ver dark in some pics hoping they are much brighter than that and white even w/o leds on is noticeable?

the ex helmet for tony to hold would be sick if he came with the un-helmeted sculpt.
Not sure when they made the change but this is the first Iron Man figure I’ve owned where even with the lights off there’s still SOME white to the eyes. Of course they’ll never look as good off as they do illuminated.

Not sure when they made the change but this is the first Iron Man figure I’ve owned where even with the lights off there’s still SOME white to the eyes. Of course they’ll never look as good off as they do illuminated.

ahhh good news thks, cuz i wont have leds on much, pretty sure it began with the 46. i think on 46 is better cuz eyes arent as recessed as on this which in some pics looks like they get shadowed.

can i ask anyone to post some pics if possible of its eyes with leds off in reg lit room? and love to see wax paper mod, if it works at all.:pray:

ahhh good news thks, cuz i wont have leds on much, pretty sure it began with the 46. i think on 46 is better cuz eyes arent as recessed as on this which in some pics looks like they get shadowed.

can i ask anyone to post some pics if possible of its eyes with leds off in reg lit room? and love to see wax paper mod, if it works at all.:pray:

I think Craig's posts do a good job of showing the potential and he's thoroughly explained why certain regions of the triangle cannot be lit regardless of the material you use to diffuse the light. You would need the diffusion material, in his case tissue paper, and need to position the chest plate to not be fully seated in the pegs.

I think Craig's posts do a good job of showing the potential and he's thoroughly explained why certain regions of the triangle cannot be lit regardless of the material you use to diffuse the light. You would need the diffusion material, in his case tissue paper, and need to position the chest plate to not be fully seated in the pegs.

ah i see thks will read those again, was just hoping that maybe with leds off a bit of wax paper would look good in there. the way the eyes are still white even with leds not on, not as bright but still not dark. unsure on if im making any sense at this point :p

Mine showed up today in all its shiny glory. Packaging actually made it intact across the US in just the shipper. However, when extending the torso upwards, the upper abs “floating” section popped off. Nothing broke, it just wasn’t glued on well. I freaked cuz I couldn’t for the life of me see what the hell it was supposed to be glued to. Turns out it is meant to attach to a spring loaded extension I had to carefully unfold from inside the torso and glue back together. Good as new. Hot toys and their weak ass glue.

View attachment 396935

View attachment 396936

Exact same thing happened to me. I was moving his torso around and and suddenly, POP, that piece flew off. Took awhile to figure out how the inner plastic swings out but I was finally able to get it in place and glue it down.

Mine arrived yesterday and I could hardly be happier. I haven't bought an Iron Man since the diecast Mark 42 so it's nice to see all the smart little advancements in engineering in this new figure since that time. The paint is absolutely gorgeous, the articulation magnificent, and the light-up stand a great complimentary accessory to complete the piece.

My only gripes would have to do with the batteries: I wish they'd include them bundled up in sets of 3 from the get-go to save the trouble of having to tape them together to ever get them into the figure. That, and mine puttered out halfway through taking photos! I've already ordered some replacements that will hopefully last longer.

Here's a couple photos for now, will share more later. I hope everyone is enjoying their figure as much as I am!

DSC_0005.jpgDSC_0077.jpgDSC_0014.jpgDSC_0018.jpgDSC_0026.jpgDSC_0033.jpgDSC_0042.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday and I could hardly be happier. I haven't bought an Iron Man since the diecast Mark 42 so it's nice to see all the smart little advancements in engineering in this new figure since that time. The paint is absolutely gorgeous, the articulation magnificent, and the light-up stand a great complimentary accessory to complete the piece.

My only gripes would have to do with the batteries: I wish they'd include them bundled up in sets of 3 from the get-go to save the trouble of having to tape them together to ever get them into the figure. That, and mine puttered out halfway through taking photos! I've already ordered some replacements that will hopefully last longer.

Here's a couple photos for now, will share more later. I hope everyone is enjoying their figure as much as I am!

View attachment 397172View attachment 397177View attachment 397173View attachment 397174View attachment 397175View attachment 397176View attachment 397179

Nice photos! Can't wait for mine to arrive probably at the end of the month.

Last pics with lights on. Had to take the batteries they are already turning green on the side ready to leak. Enjoy!

DSC01995.jpg
DSC01996.jpg
DSC02000.jpg
DSC02003.jpg
DSC02006.jpg

fantastic shots! :clap

since batteries are crappin out any chance for one of the same shots above like first one i.e. but with leds off? love to see how eyes look in day lit room liek that.

Back